+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Man you guys will believe anything
    Nobody is believing anything, but thanks for input.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Nobody is believing anything, but thanks for input.
    I'm not the one posting machine-translated tertiary-sourced rumors from no-name console-exclusive fansites here, pal. Don't start getting huffy when someone points out you just farted.

New Odin
    BG Level

Am I not allowed to post rumors? Fuck off.

I even stated its most likely bs, but that didn't stop you from vomiting all over the thread now did it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Am I not allowed to post machine-translated tertiary-sourced rumors from no-name console-exclusive fansites? Fuck off.
    Would be a good start.

New Odin
    BG Level

You stopping with the backseat modding would be a better start.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is certainly not a total fucking waste of time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFIV DS wasn't crap at all. It was actually more enjoyable compared to past versions and the difficulty was very welcomed. I loved every second of it.
    Same applies to FFIII DS. Anyone saying that the DS remake of FFIII is worse compared to the original must be crazy or something.
    You can't deny that SE puts some effort in their FF remakes/ports compared to another company who shall not be named (Capcom).
    I'm 100% sure that this version of FFX will not be as horrible as RE4/RECV "HD".
    SE isn't helping this rumor situation though when they kept calling this game an HD remake at TGS so I hope they hurry up and reveal something soon. I'll just say that nothing is impossible and SE remaking FFX (one of the most popular FF games out there, especially in Japan) for the 10th anniversary wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    I'm just glad I'll have FFX on a portable console and without that stupid slowdown and black bars from the PAL version. I hope X-2, XI, XII and eventually XIII will follow.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You stopping with the backseat modding would be a better start.
    lol oh man

Speaking of ports... How hard would it be for FF13 (and any Crystal Tools game in general) to be "ported" to the PC?

I vaguely remembering reading somewhere that they actually made the game work on the PC first then "ported" it to PS3/Xbox 360... is that true? (I'll try to find it sometime later.) (All I remember is they mentioned FF and PC.)

Anyway the reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind if FF really becomes multiplatform (not just 360 but PC too). I do have PS3 + FF13 but I'm mostly a PC person (meaning more games for PC makes me a happy PC person).

New Odin
    BG Level

I guess since its ported to xbawx the hardest part is already done? Not too hard I guess.

Control wise it'd be pretty awkward though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Per GDC talks and information: Crystal Tools targets PC, PS3, 360, and some Wii. I don't know if they've changed their tune since then, but there should be no problem supporting any platform, since (as far as I'm aware) Final Fantasy XIV is a Crystal Tools game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think the only ultimate weapon I managed to fully upgrade was Yuna's. Of course I haven't played through it in almost 10 years. I hope they allow you to skip the cutscenes in this one.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_Cake View Post
    Speaking of ports... How hard would it be for FF13 (and any Crystal Tools game in general) to be "ported" to the PC?
    A straight port of the 360 version probably wouldn't consume a lot of resources but it did come at the price of being backported to the modified version of DirectX 9 that the 360 supports. It would be additional developer time/resources to bring all the high res textures back into the game as well if they cared enough to do it. The PC JRPG market isn't exactly huge and FFXIV is on indefinite life support so I don't foresee a lot of movement from SE to reach out in that direction again anytime soon.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFIV DS wasn't crap at all. It was actually more enjoyable compared to past versions and the difficulty was very welcomed. I loved every second of it.
    Same applies to FFIII DS. Anyone saying that the DS remake of FFIII is worse compared to the original must be crazy or something.
    You can't deny that SE puts some effort in their FF remakes/ports compared to another company who shall not be named (Capcom).
    I'm 100% sure that this version of FFX will not be as horrible as RE4/RECV "HD".
    SE isn't helping this rumor situation though when they kept calling this game an HD remake at TGS so I hope they hurry up and reveal something soon. I'll just say that nothing is impossible and SE remaking FFX (one of the most popular FF games out there, especially in Japan) for the 10th anniversary wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    I'm just glad I'll have FFX on a portable console and without that stupid slowdown and black bars from the PAL version. I hope X-2, XI, XII and eventually XIII will follow.
    While its clear III and IV on DS weren't crap per se, they aren't particularly faithful to the originals, which is what kinda irks some fans. The transition from 2D to 3D may be nice for some, but for just as many others, wasn't necessary. I once thought that 3D-fying the SNES FFs would have been the best way to go, but after seeing III and IV its clear to me they should remain in 2D. The main reason for this really is that since they're relatively small 3D remake projects the 3D models don't really carry the range of emotions that the 2D sprites do, nor the comic effect that many scenes in those entries of the series were supposed to retain. Another thing is that when you remake a classic there is a balance that needs to be kept in terms of visual style and evoking familiarity/nostalgia, something which at least imho was lost in the DS remakes of III and IV. They kept trying to be a game that the original wasn't - not necessarily bad for new players perhaps, but not necessarily good for those who wanted a faithful remake.

That and they changed a little too much in some of them. III irked me because of the stupid job weakness system they had, as well as job levels. Made for unnecessary action/exp grinding. Changed the entire feel of the job system. It really was a case of overcomplicating a system that was simple but effective for that game.

What I do appreciate from such remakes tho would definitely be the new FMVs and the OST given full-channel life. X could do with FMVs in HD at least.
    I definitely hope the rest of the PS2 FFs follow suit, if only so you could finally play "PS2" games on the PS3 again. That and it gives them an opportunity to polish the games up for the HD generation.

Anywayz SE didn't actually do very much as far as the DS remakes went. Those projects were primarily developed by Matrix Software. I'm hoping this X HD remake is in-house or at least follows more strictly to the original.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE was calling the shots either way. I doubt they gave these remakes out to someone else and told them to do whatever they wanted.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    the 3D models don't really carry the range of emotions that the 2D sprites do, nor the comic effect that many scenes in those entries of the series were supposed to retain.
    What.

IVDS had more animation, cutscenes and voice acting.

You're insane.

when you remake a classic there is a balance that needs to be kept in terms of visual style and evoking familiarity/nostalgia
    It's nice to want things, but your needs from a remake are not everyone else's. By the time IV DS had come out the world had seen multiple re-releases on the GBA, PS1, Wonderswan, etc. If what you wanted was something in between the GBA version and what we got on the DS then you should probably re-examine what it takes to please you, because it strikes me that you'd pick at any perceived defect and call it a failure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People really didn't like FFIV DS? I thought it was great. Also seemed harder then the other versions.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It was much harder at the very end, for sure. Shit got real once you got to the moon.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    the 3D models don't really carry the range of emotions that the 2D sprites do
    http://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/gallery/1311_view.jpg

Nostalgia goggles much?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Remember that they made FF4 easier when they released it in North America as Final Fantasy II on the SNES. The DS remake uses the monster programming from the JP original, which makes most of the boss battles (and quite a few random encounters) much more difficult as a result. I remember hitting my first wall at Babil Tower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast