Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

After finding the crater spot for lightning it really isnt that bad at all.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I tried this method:

and I kept botching it. Then I found the crater:

and got it on the 2nd try. TEAM CRATER

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have somehow managed to get an extra 0.2% in FFX-2. I wonder if they added it to some random cutscene in this edition. Can't remember when I got it though lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I have somehow managed to get an extra 0.2% in FFX-2. I wonder if they added it to some random cutscene in this edition. Can't remember when I got it though lol.
    Nope, FFX-2 had extra % even in the original version. There's more than 100% although the game only displays that.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone have any tips for the Choco race in X at Remiem temple (I think) where you have to get 5 chests and still beat the other bird?

I found a route on YouTube but haven't been able to beat him

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Been having the same issue. The chocobo in my game finishes at a time faster than the one in the youtube video..

i think the cpu bird has two routes. One that finishes in like 32 seconds and one that takes 39ish.

If you can see the other bird on the screen/map at the second chest then just finish the race and start over.

If you are doing it for the trophy, dont worry about hitting the poles. That doesnt matter for the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Nope, FFX-2 had extra % even in the original version. There's more than 100% although the game only displays that.
    If you replay the game again and choose to the give Awesome Sphere to the opposite faction from your first playthrough, you get additional percentage points that count towards your total. The only way to obtain 100% in a single playthrough is to give the Awesome Sphere to the Youth League.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh no, this is still my first playthrough that I got additional percent in. Guide I'm using for 100% worked fine for me last game on PS2, and now this one I'm 0.2% ahead. I know that 0.2% doesn't matter and I'll still get 100%, it is just odd.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh no, this is still my first playthrough that I got additional percent in. Guide I'm using for 100% worked fine for me last game on PS2, and now this one I'm 0.2% ahead. I know that 0.2% doesn't matter and I'll still get 100%, it is just odd.
    About how long does it take to 100% X-2?
    Also, would you mind sharing the link to this guide? I'd love to take a look before I dive into X-2.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If you want 100% you can't just take a look. You gotta follow that shit to the letter the entire game
    Spoiler: show
    and you'll still end up at 99% somehow.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon View Post
    About how long does it take to 100% X-2?
    Also, would you mind sharing the link to this guide? I'd love to take a look before I dive into X-2.
    I'm at like 100 hours at the moment, but I've been doing a ridiculous amount of stuff in the monster arena. >.> Finishing every monster story possible, think I'm at like 80% of the monster stuff done lol.

I use this for 100%ing the story: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-f...ter/faqs/27786

Keeps it very tl;dr but you miss out on what normal guides have like boss stuff, most treasure chests (This really doesn't matter though, most treasures in this game are pretty worthless, except a few important ones, which it will mention when necessary), etc.

If you really care about all of the other stuff in the game as well, can use a guide like: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-f...ter/faqs/25872 (This is for the original 10-2 and won't have the new stuff, but monster arena stuff isn't required for % anyways. Festivalist is obtained pretty much automatically obtained as long as you're talking to people you need to and Psychic is a prize from the first fiend arena tournament).

or

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-f...ter/faqs/69206

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Best method i've found for being sure you 100% in one playthrough and keep 8-10 saves and save after each section. When you match up to when you're supposed to be at a straight % (10.0, 12.0, etc and not 12.2 or 18.4) then you save in file 1 and use 2-whatever as bookmarks. That way if you find yourself off at a "checkpoint" you don't start all over. It is a little tedious trying to make sure you 100% in one shot but imho worth it just to have it done. Makes it 1000x easier if you're platinum-ing too.

I'd say it took me ~65 hours to 100% the story for X-2, but this did include some time spent idling and doing nothing/eating/naps/etc. I spent a lot of time afterwards working on Platinum trophy with Last Mission and cleaning up X-2's extra stuff. Overall ~150 hours on X and ~100 on X-2.

That most common .2% in my experience is not skipping anything Maechen says and the moogle in Luca's docks at the very beginning of the game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Don't forget those fucking sphere videos near the end of the game. And watching every. single. one.

Spoiler: show

Personally I could never get past the last Bevelle tower boss, I guess I'm too weaksauce. Meteor's a bitch. I gave up to wait for the HD release.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for the Choco race in X at Remiem temple (I think) where you have to get 5 chests and still beat the other bird?

I found a route on YouTube but haven't been able to beat him
    I found that the camera angles cause a lot of problems. What I did was to start with the left stick at about 2:30 - that's as good a spot as I was able to find. You should know when the camera angles are going to change, so you should be changing the direction of the left stick as this happens. I found that as I changed the angle, it was VERY helpful to oscillate the stick back and forth to prevent the bird from getting stuck on an edge - i.e., slide the stick back and forth between 2:30 and 3:30 until you get your bearings.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I had a few from random drops, but yeah, buying them is the quickest option. I know some people like having BHPL, but I personally think it's a wasted ability and like having Ribbon. That said, I've been busy and lacking motivation, so I haven't finished capping luck yet, so I still haven't fought Penance and don't know what's best for it.
    I took the time to max all eight stats for everybody - that meant beating Earth Eater more than 200 times to get enough Fortune Spheres for everybody. BHPL is not necessary for any fight in the game, and it could be argued that it's a waste of a slot.

Dark Aeon armor (except Dark Yojimbo):
    Ribbon (some choose to do Ribbon for 1 + Stoneproof for the other two)
    Auto-Haste
    Auto-Protect
    Auto-Phoenix

Penance and Dark Yojimbo Armor:
    Auto-Haste
    Auto-Protect
    Auto-Potion
    Defense +20%

When fighting Penance, you might want to start out with your Ribbon armors, to prevent the right arm from shattering one of your characters, then slowly swap in your defense +20% armors before the second phase begins (plenty of time for that). You could start out with your defense +20% armors, and hope that the right arm uses Mighty Guard, then use a Purifying Salt on the body. In any case, you should have Rikku Mix Ultra Nul-All (healing water + chocobo wing or feather) before Penance gets a turn in. With Defense at 255, Ultra Nul-All, Protect, and Defense +20%, Penance will never be able to one shot any of your characters (9999 HP), as long as you remember to Dispel the Full Break that Immolation causes in the second phase. Auto-Phoenix would be a waste of a slot under these conditions. Make sure that you sell all of your Potions, Hi-Potions and Mega Potions, so that Auto-Potion uses X-Potions. Penance gains Haste at the beginning of the second phase, which you can counter by throwing a Purifying Salt at him. Immolation sets MP to 0, so use a Three Stars sometime before the second phase begins. Immolation will also remove the Nul-Element effects, but it will not remove the Cheer x5 effect that you get from Ultra Nul-All, so Rikku does not have to use a second Mix.

I remember playing the original ps2 version of ffx-2 and having sooo much trouble getting the mascot dress sphere. I know you need to complete specific missions/ cutscenes to get it, but does anyone know if you can finish them across two different playthroughs instead of starting from scratch? Any carryover completion effect?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bakooom View Post
    I remember playing the original ps2 version of ffx-2 and having sooo much trouble getting the mascot dress sphere. I know you need to complete specific missions/ cutscenes to get it, but does anyone know if you can finish them across two different playthroughs instead of starting from scratch? Any carryover completion effect?
    No, you need Episode Complete in each zone to get Mascot and that requires specific actions to be done in that specific playthrough. If you really don't want to bother, I think in this version you can also get Mascot from one of the tournaments in Creature Create? (Youth league maybe?)

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Collectors Edition for PS3 - $32.00 for Black Friday
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor....#.VHfLYzGLCN1