Page 1 of 298 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The occupation of wallstreet

This protest event began yesterday, and I dont see any threads about it.
    http://rt.com/files/news/wall-street...rg-image.n.jpg
    Hundreds of demonstrators gathered near Wall Street in New York City to protest against the existing financial system, which they say is the cause of the economic crisis and is fueling social injustice.
    The organizers planned the rally on Wall Street for months to express anger over the rule of the “capitalist political system” and the rule of the rich. Some referred to the movement simply as September 17, after the date of the rally. Others dubbed it the “United States Day of Rage.”
    The “Occupy Wall St.” movement had stated beforehand that its mission was to bring 20,000 people “to flood into Lower Manhattan, set up beds, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months.”
    According to the organizers, the demonstration was inspired by the massive protests that took place in Egypt, Greece, Spain and Iceland. An “Occupy Wall St.” group on Facebook calls on followers to “deploy this emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America.”
    The protesters claim that they are “the 99 percent that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1 percent.”
    The activists have been coordinating the event through social media.
    However, much of the protesters’ targets were blocked by police, who prepared for the demonstration and shut down sections of Wall Street near the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall, The New York Times reported.
    Throughout the day, hundreds of people gathered in Lower Manhattan debating and waving signs with messages such as “Democracy Not Corporatization” and “End the Oligarchy.”
    The protesters say they are going to rally all night long and are calling on people to join the demonstration on Sunday and Monday.
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/17/tech...bin&hpt=hp_bn3
    http://rt.com/news/wall-street-protest-system-811/

Livestream:
    http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

Saw Lupe tweeting about this for bout a week now. Hope this shit snowballs into a massive turnout.

Hundreds are gathered at a protest of 20,000. More at ten - Back to you, Bob!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

ah the live stream has turned into blax freestyling. why must they ruin everything?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That rasta lookin' guy was stoned as hell...

Demosthenes11

so stupid. they are trying way too hard to be "that force" in the usa that happened in other countries. You don't just proclaim your protest as "that one." Sounds like it's ~40 people and they will drive back home later tonight when they get cold

It shouldn't be that bad, the news always under-reports protest turnouts anyways.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    so stupid. they are trying way too hard to be "that force" in the usa that happened in other countries. You don't just proclaim your protest as "that one." Sounds like it's ~40 people and they will drive back home later tonight when they get cold
    They should just go home and watch football.

Demosthenes11

I know I will be!

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    This. Protip: If you tell people you're "that force," you're not. "That force" is a metaphysical and ubiquitous power. Life creates it. Makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. You. Within you. Me. The tree. The rock. Everywhere! Yes, even between the land and ship.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'd totally be down there every weekend if I could afford it, but I'll settle for once a month..

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    They should just go home and watch football.
    ^

Anything less is proof they're faux Americans.

Edit:

rofl. Video makes it abundantly clear that those fuckers don't have a clue what they're doing or why they're there.

Ridill
    BG Level

should just shut down cell phone access on wall street for the next month imo

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

protest by teenagers who don't understand what they're protesting against, shocking. I'm glad they picked days where none of us are in the office, so they aren't causing any inconveniences lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    protest by teenagers who don't understand what they're protesting against, shocking. I'm glad they picked days where none of us are in the office, so they aren't causing any inconveniences lol
    Actually I have read there will still be protests on Monday.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Why can't these kids do the right thing and play videogames at home like me

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by WahiGuard View Post
    Actually I have read there will still be protests on Monday.
    hopefully they don't delay my commute or make me have lunch delivered instead of walking to get it

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

These "protests" are just a way to have /b/ conventions without ending up on some FBI watchlist.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    hopefully they don't delay my commute or make me have lunch delivered instead of walking to get it
    If I get a billboard with your name on it, can we get lunch together?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    If I get a billboard with your name on it, can we get lunch together?
    if it has a devilishly attractive naked man on it, yes