+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Person of Interest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Great ep, I was right!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Was really good, Reese had really good interaction with the doctor. But of course, omg, next week is going to be amazing. Shaw, Root, and computer failure in the machine, omg!!! Last 2 episodes of the season are going to be crazy!

Gotta say, the whole thing with Fusco resolved itself a bit too neatly, imo. Carter has to have heard them talking about the satellites that saw Fusco. And especially with the whole "there was a body here, but not anymore" thing -- would they not just conclude Fusco had an accomplice. I imagine it won't come back till next season, but that whole part of the episode was not one of the better parts of the series, imo.

E. Body
    BG Level

Yea, but the dude they built the case on had a change of heart.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I guess.. but the whole "there was a body here" and the satellite images issues still bug me. Yes, the accuser turned them in the right direction, but they have other evidence now.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They didn't have satellite images of Fusco, just cell phone records indicating where he was and satellite photos of disturbed plots of land in that area. They needed the body as evidence of a crime because everything else they had was circumstantial.

Really good episode, I love me some revenge tales.

I also think that because the guy that dropped Fusco in it was seen to by Elias, they dropped it alot quicker. I don't expect them to have completely stopped watching Fusco and HR certainly wont be finished with him either.

Mind Blown! awesome stuff..saw none of that coming

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I need next week to get here....... like now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

holy fuck, this show is so good

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Brilliant episode!

Oh my god. The feels at the proposal, at the machine's memory and at the Nathan/Finch scenes. Epic show.

Edit: dat violin soundtrack

This season's been easily one of the best TV shows airing at the moment, and everything is just building to an awesome finale.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

also, person of interest have like the coolest episode titles.

Next week's title : "God Mode"

Spoiler: show
    The entire idea of the machine creating a company to take its memories offline to be re-uploaded before its scheduled wipe every night totally blew my mind. Very original concept gave me that Fringe feeling lol. I still don't know about Harold selling out the code though.

BG Level

Well, do we know what Harold is doing yet? Seems like there are a bunch of things pointing to different things that don't add up currently

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Well, it happened a while ago. There are a lot of things we still don't know. What happened to Nathan? Why did Finch's opinions about the irrelevant list change? What happened between Finch and his fiance? Has the machine been changed since Nathan died?

iirc the fiancee thinks finch is dead

nathan was assassinated by the northern lights people, harold took that opportunity to disappear completely and at the same time took up the cause of his partner because he would have been deemed irrelevant. up until he met john he had never been successful in saving anyone, unlike nathan who was.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    iirc the fiancee thinks finch is dead

nathan was assassinated by the northern lights people, harold took that opportunity to disappear completely and at the same time took up the cause of his partner because he would have been deemed irrelevant. up until he met john he had never been successful in saving anyone, unlike nathan who was.
    If you watch the last scene with nathan and finch, you would see that nathans number came up right before the program terimated as well.

BG Level

I think the bigger questions are related to:

Finch is responsible for the virus that gives someone the power to change the machine - if you take the old man for his word
    ie, Finch is responsible for the mission that effectively ends john's and that other chick's career
    I also remember Finch being at the hospital, following john, after john finds out his "girl back home" is dead. Ie, Finch has been following john since at least his failure in shanghai to retrieve the case.

Plus what happens last ep, Finch lets Root "take" him and even throws john off his tail by calling 911 on him

It seems, to me anyway, Finch has a plan that's been working itself to fruition since before John was burned in shanghai. Otherwise, why lie about so many things to john

To expand on what I was saying earlier and to answer the questions, I think Finch was/has been trying to find someone to pass the machine on to in its purest form. A lot of their conversations over time have been regarding what would happen if Finch was to be killed or found out. John always asks how can he get the information and continue the work and Finch eventually lets John into not only how to do that but that he can communicate with the machine. I don't know if Finch always knew John would be that person, but I think he had an idea - or the machine potentially gave him Johns information.

The scenes with Root, Finch is regretful that he made the machine delete itself. I don't think he trusts himself with the power to be admin, but I also think he came to understand that the government wasn't really using the machine as it should be used. I do think he trusts John to harbor that responsibility. I'm not always right about the show but the writers have always done a good job of giving you enough clues about each person to connect the dots. The first time we saw the laptop and that mission to china you could take away the obvious but you could also take away the less obvious - that whatever they went out there to get required that both of them died and that there was no trace of whatever it was they died for. In the shows universe, there is only one thing that important. That said, a missile is a really poor way to destroy a laptop lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast