+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Person of Interest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Person of Interest

Unless search failed me, no mention has been made about this show which premieres September 22, 2011.

Starring:
    Jim Caveizel
    Michael Emerson
    Taraji P. Henson
    Kevin Chapman

Executive producer(s):
    J. J. Abrams
    Bryan Burk
    Jonathan Nolan
    Greg Plageman
    David Semel

Plot:
    Mr. Finch (Michael Emerson), a mysterious billionaire, has developed a computer program that predicts the identity of people connected to violent crimes that will take place in the future. However, the program has its limitations: for example, it cannot predict whether the person will be a victim, perpetrator, or witness, nor can it predict when or where the crime will take place. Unable to stop the crimes on his own, Finch hires John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former CIA agent who is presumed dead, to help stop the crimes from taking place.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/

Show has a lot of legitimate names backing it and any show with Michael Emerson deserves a thread in my opinion. Looks pretty interesting too, has a Minority Report vibe to it with an Emerson flair of "not sure if serious" attitude.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

DVR is set to record this purely because of Emerson. Can't wait to see him as a good guy, although part of me is kinda expecting him to have ulterior motives >.>;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This looks good, lots of potential.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

how do you explain the building of a machine that will predict people involved in crimes in the future?

I DONT FUCKING CARE. GIVE ME EMERSON OR GIVE ME DEATH

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    how do you explain the building of a machine that will predict people involved in crimes in the future?
    http://www.abload.de/img/nanope8b.jpg

Anyway, I spy Benjamin Linus- therefore I need to watch this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

crack babies that can predict the future constantly submersed in pool of lsd hooked to a computer that carves wooden balls

thats how minority report did it at least... maybe that's a gross oversimplification... maybe not...

the show looks interesting though.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    any show with Michael Emerson deserves a thread in my opinion.
    Just heard a commercial for this on the radio with his voice and that was enough to sell me on the show.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

First episode was pretty interesting. Some of the acting seemed out of place, especially with Caviezel, but that type of stuff tends to happen with pilot episodes.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

"Who are you?"
    "I'm the goddamned Batman"

Pretty fun, will def watch more

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Needs more of that woman in his flashbacks.

I still enjoyed the show though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I liked this first episode, but I'm just kind of wondering if there is going to be any main storyline to keep watching for. Not sure I can keep watching this show if it is just 1 episode = 1 story format.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well,

Spoiler: show
    You have, "Who IS Finch?" "Will the system come to bite this endeavor in the ass?"
    "What exactly was Reese up to the past few years?" "When it and Carter catches up to him, and this project, what will happen?" and "How long and how closely was Finch keeping an eye on him, how deeply does this go?"

That's just the obvious single season over-plots.

But yes, this is set up to be a story of the week, by the premise alone.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

plus isn't it CBS? I'd be shocked if they had a new drama that wasn't at least somewhat procedural.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just finished watching this, enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely plan to continue watching.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Enjoyed it although it could use more O'quinn.

Guessing / hoping its simply because it was a pilot episode so I won't worry about this to much. But the episode felt choppy to me. By that I mean the direction just didn't flow right and the music kept drowning out the people talking at spots, almost as if it was an incomplete version of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I liked this first episode, but I'm just kind of wondering if there is going to be any main storyline to keep watching for. Not sure I can keep watching this show if it is just 1 episode = 1 story format.
    This is my main concern. Not really interested in the "case of the week" shows. A show needs a main, ongoing storyline to keep me interested in watching it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I was kind of blown away that they had an action lead character that actually killed the bad guys without remorse. Seems like all the major networks have been going the opposite direction the past few years. I plan to keep watching even though I didn't originally have high hopes for the show.

Come to think of it, the only other show with such a lead is Dexter, and that is the record-breaking hit of a premium channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I assumed the main storyline would deal with the chick from the flashbacks and/or Caviezel's past.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd guess it has something to do with the computer throughout the entire episode singling him out in yellow and going "Non-relevant to the investigation" at the end. I mean, him saving people will certainly lead to him getting on the list eventually and his name popping up on the list. And there's always the possibility of someone higher-up taking advantage of it and trying to interfere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast