+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I liked the episode and will continue. Hot maid is hot.

Did they say that they will have a complete story arc by the end of the season? Will suck to get jerked along for several seasons before you get some closure. I'm still not over my "Lost" fatigue.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

First episode was pretty great and different from anything else on tv. Looking forward to following it and seeing where it goes.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lots of horror cliches but creepy 1st EP. Great cast so far. Hot Maid is hot. Retard neighbor is so creepy. Will watch this series and hope they can carry this for an entire season.

PS. Haven't people watched enough horror movies to know, trust the animals.

It seemed really fast paced, the build up in each scene to the 'scare' for the lack of a better word felt rushed. The scene in the basement, I'm sure they just took the music (Screeching violins) from Insidious for that scene. I really hope the obvious Amityville Horror plot isn't going to be used here with the dad going crazy and killing the family just like the burnt guy who came to warn him.

I like that you're left guessing who's alive and who isn't. I thought the maid was alive at first and the dad was just hallucinating but that was proven wrong by the end of the episode. Still not entirely sure about the neighbour and her daughter but I think they are still alive, though it's obvious they have some connection to the spirits of the house.

Overall, it was a pretty decent pilot episode. I'll definitely be tuning in again for the next episode to see what happens.

E. Body
    BG Level

Pretty sure at this point the guy with the burned face was full of shit with that story -- people have pointed out the creepy grin after main char walks away, but throughout the episode we see Ben (that's his name!) constantly playing with fire or flames. Fire was definitely was a prevalent image throughout the first episode. Lots of foreshadowing there I'm sure, but for what, who knows. If I had to guess, season finale is going to be Ben burning his family or trying to, at the very least.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Who's the baby daddy?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Couple people in my dorm were thinking that the blonde boy was the monster that attacked that chick, as well as the old lady w/the down syndrome looking daughter used to own the house.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, blonde boy has to be a ghost, when we saw him in the office as a patient, it flashed a quick image of him all bloody and cut up standing behind ben

the neighbor and her daughter could go either way i think.. though i am leaning towards alive.

also - what the fuck at the scene with the ghost in the gimp outfit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

fuck. I need to rewatch the EP and play spot the undead.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

fuck. I need to rewatch the EP and play spot the hot house keeper.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

this is what i was talking about

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Amazing pilot. Is the horror genre finally making it to television now that suspense is popular?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I saw a leaked script from the final episode and it turns out the family is actually the ghosts and the ghosts are the real peoples the whole time!

For real though, I'm not even a fan of horror movies but I thought the first episode was really good.

or is the blonde haired playing host to that little demon child?

His little fantasy including his facial tattoos was pretty wild...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    or is the blonde haired playing host to that little demon child?

His little fantasy including his facial tattoos was pretty wild...
    well with the maid it looks like they can choose how they appear to different people so the kid could actually be that demon kid and just making himself appear like the older teen

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Pretty sure at this point the guy with the burned face was full of shit with that story -- people have pointed out the creepy grin after main char walks away, but throughout the episode we see Ben (that's his name!) constantly playing with fire or flames. Fire was definitely was a prevalent image throughout the first episode. Lots of foreshadowing there I'm sure, but for what, who knows. If I had to guess, season finale is going to be Ben burning his family or trying to, at the very least.
    i think this makes a good amount of sense. maybe they are going with the amityville horror subplot, with the previous family's father murdering everyone and the new father following suit.

anyway yeah it's an interesting show. can't say that i hated it, which is a lot more than i can say about many other shows. i just hope the show keeps pushing the boundaries of creepiness and horror as opposed to just being weird.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

What the fucking fuck is going on with this show. Love it but so fucking weird

I think this was posted earlier in the thread, but I kinda like the fact that the family is (at the moment) scarier than the ghosts...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Qalbert do you have the link for tonights episode yet? I missed it. If so thanks in advance.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You da man.