+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Couldn't get through the 2nd EP. I don't know how long this series will last as the story line is so pieced together. Producers should have just made a series like Twilight Zone but horror.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ugh you mean it's more jumbled than the first? definitely not gonna like that.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This episode did little to nothing to make me more interested in the show. For how much happened in the first week, so little happened here. I'll watch next week's episode and go from there.

I actually really liked the episode. Sure, there was technically no story-line progression, but did the episode entertain me? Hell ya

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you guys watch the same episode I watched? This show is friggin amazing. I don't understand why people need stories spoonfed to them, use your brain.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

There's no continuity to the story, that's the problem to me.

Spoiler: show
    Constance and Moira do not like each other, that is very obvious. The snide remarks and the glares. Yet at the end of the episode, there they are, standing together and Moira is taking orders from Constance. On top of that, Constance made the Cupcakes for Violet yet stupid bitch ended up eating them. If Moira (at least as the old lady) is apparently trying to be on good standing with the family (as per the first episode) or trying to thwart Constance's motives, why didn't she just dispose of said Cupcakes after Constance left? She knew something was up with them.

Then we have Ben who is like the dumbest man alive apparently. He claims to be trying so hard to clean things up with his wife but decides to ignore his wife because his ex whore says to do it. Then he doesn't check his phone the next day til much later? If they want us to believe he cared about his wife or family, he would not have put his phone in chick's purse. He would have just stashed it away til later when she went to bed and he would have made a phone call making up a story about being with a patient or some such. Still a dick move but wouldn't make him come off as a total idiot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Did you guys watch the same episode I watched? This show is friggin amazing. I don't understand why people need stories spoonfed to them, use your brain.
    I did and I'm in the same boat as you... I thought the episode was great

To answer the other dude:

I think we're in luck, the preview to next week looked like an episode dedicated to the backstory of the maid. However, a little theorycrafting here, it seems that all the ghosts associated with the house are under the control of Cadence. The Maid obviously slept with Cadence's original husband, which led to Cadence murdering her. It was also suggested that Tate could be the son of Cadence; the whole "I had a son and he was a gift" deal.

If you remember, Violet told Tate to get out of the house, "making fun" of him. Maybe the cupcake was vengeance on Violet for what he did to Tate...

Just some thoughts...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or maybe the cupcake was left specifically for the crazy woman who ended up eating it. Everything that characters do isn't always obvious or true.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Who cares, kate mara.

Did James Wong work on Insidious? I'm wondering what's with the blatant references to 'Insidious' like the music during the basement scene in the 1st episode and the house alarm / open front door from this episode.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more. It didn't feel like they had tried to cram so much into it like last time. Much better pacing overall.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am going to try to watch EP 2 again. Wish me luck. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I did and I'm in the same boat as you... I thought the episode was great

To answer the other dude:

I think we're in luck, the preview to next week looked like an episode dedicated to the backstory of the maid. However, a little theorycrafting here, it seems that all the ghosts associated with the house are under the control of Cadence. The Maid obviously slept with Cadence's original husband, which led to Cadence murdering her. It was also suggested that Tate could be the son of Cadence; the whole "I had a son and he was a gift" deal.

If you remember, Violet told Tate to get out of the house, "making fun" of him. Maybe the cupcake was vengeance on Violet for what he did to Tate...

Just some thoughts...
    Yeah I kind of got a hint that Tate might be Cadence's son because at the end he says something like "we need to get rid of the bodies if you want them to keep treating me". And earlier in the episode we see Ben talking to "Tate's mom" on the phone.

Also, we got to see some more history of the house as they showed previous murders that were committed there so there was a little story progression. But yeah, almost seems like they're taking a "Lost approach" by giving you one answer but 50 new questions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

overall i'm still skeptical about how good the series will be, but i liked the episode, it was good. and just because there was seemingly only an inch of progression doesn't mean the plot didn't get uncovered in a meaningful way. a single episode of a show doesn't necessarily have to have obvious progression to accomplish something. for those who've seen it, think of the episode "fly" in breaking bad.

anyway, i assume most of it will be about the family going through their daily lives while they dig up more and more secrets about the house. if a show with a lot of hidden backstory and criss-crossed secrets/mystery doesn't appeal to someone then they definitely need to stay away from this one.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm on the fence right now. I want to like this show. I really do. But right now it's just too all over the place right now. Right now there isn't even a clearly defined plot imo. It's going to depend on the backstory. If they can't get that right it's going to be one and done in terms of seasons. To me this is Outsourced. I wanted to like it, I watched it every Thursday. But the show just got lost in it's own muck and never made it. It looks like the writers just aren't sure which way to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I'm on the fence right now. I want to like this show. I really do. But right now it's just too all over the place right now. Right now there isn't even a clearly defined plot imo. It's going to depend on the backstory. If they can't get that right it's going to be one and done in terms of seasons. To me this is Outsourced. I wanted to like it, I watched it every Thursday. But the show just got lost in it's own muck and never made it. It looks like the writers just aren't sure which way to go with it.
    Outsourced was just terrible...

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Outsourced was just terrible...
    I know. But I wanted to like it. They had the pieces in place for it to be a decent show. But they couldn't figure out how to take the show to that level. That's what I'm seeing with this show. It's going to get bogged down unless they come up with a clear path to take the show. I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I know. But I wanted to like it. They had the pieces in place for it to be a decent show. But they couldn't figure out how to take the show to that level. That's what I'm seeing with this show. It's going to get bogged down unless they come up with a clear path to take the show. I just don't see it happening.
    Tbh, I don't see that being the case here. There are a ton of story possibilities with the house. For one, exploring each character's backstory and why they are "haunting" the house. Also, why is the house like this? Look at Nip/Tuck, the basic premise was a "story" about two Plastic Surgeons and the story lasted six seasons. While I don't necessarily see the show going a full six seasons, I do think there is enough to keep it going for a while. Plus, people like shock...

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tbh, I don't see that being the case here. There are a ton of story possibilities with the house. For one, exploring each character's backstory and why they are "haunting" the house. Also, why is the house like this? Look at Nip/Tuck, the basic premise was a "story" about two Plastic Surgeons and the story lasted six seasons. While I don't necessarily see the show going a full six seasons, I do think there is enough to keep it going for a while. Plus, people like shock...
    All of which is very true. My concern is that the show is instead going to focus on just trying to be sexy and shocking without accomplishing either and leaving the actual plot unexplored. Cheap thrills based on shock value instead of being actually entertaining. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PLUS....it's a mystery! Get used to not knowing what's going on.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shut up Grant