+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

I bet at some point whatever fire Ben will probably set will burn the gazebo down and we'll be that much closer to seeing the spirit of the maid set free. Don't see how else it gets torn down because we know eventually the maid's going to be set free.

I personally think that the burned guy IS there, since he actually murdered his family and was released from prison because he has brain cancer. Also the body he found was the body of the maid that the old lady killed along with her husband
    I personally think the burned dude is all in his head, I don't think he exists at all.

Why I think the burned dude isn't there:
    Spoiler: show
    So, we are told that the burned crazy guy killed his family by drugging them then burning down the house. However, assuming this was done in the 60's (I think it was said 68, or, I'm just basing that off the clothing he was wearing during the flashback), why is the house exactly the same as it was in 1928? Judging my the scenes, that fire would have been pretty devastating and that house would have been burnt straight to the ground. Sure, houses can be completely rebuilt, but, in this case... I think not. Also, is it coincidence that the burned man needs money at the exact same time that the family is deemed "broke?"

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Maybe you're right. But if that's the case dont you think that the burned man could potentially be Ben, but just his inner demon who wants to kill his family, because iirc there was a scene in ep. 1 or 2 where Ben was doing something with matches/fire/the stove. So maybe Ben is seeing what he could potentially become?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    I bet at some point whatever fire Ben will probably set will burn the gazebo down and we'll be that much closer to seeing the spirit of the maid set free. Don't see how else it gets torn down because we know eventually the maid's going to be set free.
    i must have missed something, how do we know she will eventually be set free?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    It probably will follow the typical trend of "spirit stuck in the physical world cant move on because their body was never properly laid to rest"

E. Body
    BG Level

There wasn't anything in an episode that said that, but it's just basic story structure: we're shown the maid is trapped in the house, we're shown why she's trapped in the house, we know she wants to leave the house, and her best chance to do that has just been stymied. That has to and probably will be fixed at some point in the show, purely because if you present a problem to an audience, you have to give it a resolution at some point or another.

Granted, that reslution could be: "you're fucking trapped here forever, suck it up," but it wouldn't make as much sense to have all this focus on her backstory in the episode, reveal a pretty significant plot point (she's trapped and wanted to leave), then squash it at the end and not bring it up ever again. If they never bring it up again, then that's retarded, but if they do bring it up again, they wouldn't do it just so we can watch her fail again. If they bring it up again then at some point down the road, she'll be released or set free or whatever.

Take pregnant ugly affair chick -- she's going to throw a shit fit and send the entire family into shambles (the problem) but she gets her fucking head bashed in with a shovel (the resolution).

Maybe she does stay trapped forever, I don't know. But I doubt her desire to be set free would disappear just because there's a gazebo on top of her unmarked grave. It would make sense she's going to continue trying to get someone to uncover her body, which, if that's the case, most likely means she'll succeed in the future.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    There wasn't anything in an episode that said that, but it's just basic story structure: we're shown the maid is trapped in the house, we're shown why she's trapped in the house, we know she wants to leave the house, and her best chance to do that has just been stymied. That has to and probably will be fixed at some point in the show, purely because if you present a problem to an audience, you have to give it a resolution at some point or another.

Granted, that reslution could be: "you're fucking trapped here forever, suck it up," but it wouldn't make as much sense to have all this focus on her backstory in the episode, reveal a pretty significant plot point (she's trapped and wanted to leave), then squash it at the end and not bring it up ever again. If they never bring it up again, then that's retarded, but if they do bring it up again, they wouldn't do it just so we can watch her fail again. If they bring it up again then at some point down the road, she'll be released or set free or whatever.

Take pregnant ugly affair chick -- she's going to throw a shit fit and send the entire family into shambles (the problem) but she gets her fucking head bashed in with a shovel (the resolution).

Maybe she does stay trapped forever, I don't know. But I doubt her desire to be set free would disappear just because there's a gazebo on top of her unmarked grave. It would make sense she's going to continue trying to get someone to uncover her body, which, if that's the case, most likely means she'll succeed in the future.
    this all makes sense, i just feel like this show is gonna go places people dont expect, so i wouldnt be surprised if she is fucked forever.

E. Body
    BG Level

this all makes sense, i just feel like this show is gonna go places people dont expect, so i wouldnt be surprised if she is fucked forever.
    Yeah I can definitely see it happen that way, too. Should be interesting what they decide to do, I'm looking forward to it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ugh..just realized ugly annoying affair chick might become ghost for at least this season.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have been thinking about if the burned guy is real or not. I decided at the moment, I believe him to be real. He wants money, for something. Also his story is something that Ben could easily look up and confirm. The reason the money thing strikes me is because Constance is very money driven also. Would be pointless to give a dead guy 1000 bucks.

Then again, what does the maid do with her paychecks?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ugh..just realized ugly annoying affair chick might become ghost for at least this season.
    Yeah I was just about to say that the bens problem with bat shit crazy affair bitch may not be over considering that people killed on or around the premises tend to appear frequently despite being corpses. Really hope we've seen the last of her, she annoyed the piss out of me, I wanted to hit her with a shovel myself.

My next question is really simple, at what point does this family start to realize they've been communicating with ghosts rather than people. Bat shit crazy bitch showing up again might give ben a clue that hes not always dealing with real people. The others in the house would not know shes dead, so it would be interesting to see how it would play it out if ben figured this out, meanwhile the rest of his family thinks shes still alive. I wonder if he would tell his family and allow them to know that she is indeed dead, or play along with the facade that she is really alive, secretly knowing that shes really a ghost. I think it would definitely lead him to start questioning what around him is real and whats not.

Ridill
    BG Level

Hey, Qal, you happen to have the 1st episode? I think the 1st link you have in this thread is the 2nd ep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i wonder if they cast zachary quinto as a gay dude before or after his recent announcement

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

holy shit dat ending... i knew we'd be seein that bitch again

The Anti Miz

BG Level

this show is so cash. cant wait till enxt week.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

that was a good ep, wow

creepy as hell too, my god

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Its just starting here Q_Q here's hoping its awesome

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wanna see what the doctor saw in the sonogram! Also, poor Addie ; ;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I finally got my gf hooked on this show and now it might be taken from us. What do you guys think about this News Corp. and Directv contract dispute? I really hope they work this shit out this week so I don't have to miss any shows. This is the only show on any of the News Corp channels that I care about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast