+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

American Horror Story (FX)

This show is premiering a week from today, and definitely has some promise. Opening credits can be found here:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/28/am...ening-credits/

The creepy children, the guy in the latex suit, and the use of the noises of the house in the opening credits show some definite potential.

Anyone else planning to check this out?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll watch the first episode but when they put the text on EVERY commercial: From the creators of Nip/Tuck & Glee!, it makes me nervous.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This show definitely looks different then your average tv show. That opening credits looks pretty sweet. FX just released a sneak peek to the first episode!

You can see it at the link below. Sorry i can't post url's yet. Maybe somebody else could link to it to make it easier on you guys.

watchamericanhorrorstory.com/american-horror-story-season-1-sneak-peek/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Can't wait for this show.

Definitely getting a "The Adams Family for a New Generation" vibe off the previews. Still, I'll watch an episode or two.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

DO WANT! I have been waiting for this for a while. Then again I am one of the few people around here who seems to be able to just enjoy TV and not over analyze dissect EVERYTHING. Besides it has Coach Taylors wife, and I would tap that.

I think this show will either be friggin awesome or totally suck. The first preview I seen made me think it is really going to be good, but now with some of the previews that have shown more makes me think it is going to suck hard. Starting to look like a teen drama pg-13 type horror movie. Just will have to wait and see, I guess, and hope I'm not let down.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

EW has the first five minutes of the show. Not amazing, but not bad either. Seems a more more of a typical haunted house story than I was expecting, given the esoteric and moderately erotic nature of the previews.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

hot maid can clean my house any day

Holy shit @ that the first episode...

Also, that is one of the creepiest intro's to a show EVER

Also, this:
    Spoiler: show
    Anyone else think that the latex suit d00d is playing the role of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill? The repressed sexual desires (or pains) of the wife?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1st episode was super creepy. I liked it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Was gonna watch this after transformers, but got sleepy. Was it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Was gonna watch this after transformers, but got sleepy. Was it good?
    I liked it. I have a feeling the show is going to get REALLY interesting when they start exploring the banckstories to all the "ghosts" in the house

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Absolutely loved it. Intro was friggin' awesome lol

I was actually surprised as to how much stuff happened in the first episode and am wondering about the direction of the show. It seems each family is 'doomed' once they enter, will they have a new family each season? Nah, I don't think that'd go over well. Being said, interested to see how it plays out

I didn't read too much into the show, but as soon as I saw "TV MA" show up in the top left, I knew it was going to be good lol. I was afraid it was going to be some PG-13 crap as I'm not familiar with FX.

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Absolutely loved it. Intro was friggin' awesome lol

I was actually surprised as to how much stuff happened in the first episode and am wondering about the direction of the show. It seems each family is 'doomed' once they enter, will they have a new family each season? Nah, I don't think that'd go over well. Being said, interested to see how it plays out

I didn't read too much into the show, but as soon as I saw "TV MA" show up in the top left, I knew it was going to be good lol. I was afraid it was going to be some PG-13 crap as I'm not familiar with FX.
    Seems you haven't watched Nip/Tuck! haha

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Seems you haven't watched Nip/Tuck! haha
    or The Shield, Rescue Me, SOA, etc. Most orignal FX shows are TV MA.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

just finished watching, really impressed so far.

having trouble differentiating between real people and ghosts, though i think thats entirely the point.

so what do yall think, is the 60's chick with the mongoloid daughter(her words not mine) a ghost? I figure she has to be.

what about the burned convict at the end there. his little grin after his story made me think he is one as well.

i think everyone we've seen in or near that house is a ghost except the family(and obviously the coke whore)

definitely has me wanting more.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Holy fucking shit, this show scared the shit out of me(granted i was high as shit), but it was absolutely incredible. The end of the episode freaked me out, along with the old/young housemaid lol..

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Young housemaid is fucking awesome.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really enjoyed the show, looking forward to a whole season. We'll see if they can maintain the horror and suspense across multiple episodes and particularly multiple seasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast