+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

1.5 PvP Discussion! Post your builds!

I'm rocking a 51sin/15bd/0inf and my MM of choice is 51mm/10nb/5sab.

I have specced it but not tried it out but I think this build has potential for NB 44nb/22rs/0inf.

2 teleports, spell interrupt, reflect shield, 4 cooldowns to survive and a slew of other awesome things.

So what builds is everyone else rocking now that 1.5 is live, or what builds are you trying out, looking to make?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

51MM/14Rng/1Rift - destructive as hell.

41NB/17Sin/8Rift - think Rogue Riftblade. Very tanky. Very powerful. Very fun.

Haven't tried Sin since update.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I'm using a bladedancer build that is way easier to manage now thanks to the patch. Now i can alternate between tempo, run speed, powering up keen strike or increasing dodge rating without being hindered by rythmic cooldown. I can use all of those skills in one fight which increases my 1vs1 survivability substantially. I also now have better AoE capabilities thanks to changes on compound attack and twin strike.

Which were the rouge builds that have health absorb and at how many points can you get those? My current build for pvp is bladedancer/riftstalker/assassin with most points in bd and rift, and very little in ass. I want to see how strong that healing is since with my current build i only really gain healing if i kill someone or some small protection when i planeshift.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I'm something like ass/rift/rng but it feels like I'm either A) shitty or B) doing it wrong or C) all of the above. I just dinged 50 so I don't know if it'll change but so far, in PvP, I feel pretty useless against most classes except for other rogues. While my warrior is only 29, it feels "stronger".

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fresh 50 vs geared 50's, vs being a [hopefully] non gimp at the top of the bracket cluster vs a range comprising of mostly gimps to an occasional twink.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You 29 warrior is also on top of the food chain in that bracket.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Yea, I didn't mean specifically but those are good points. We'll see. I see a lot of bitching about rogues etc.