+ Reply to Thread
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

September Update . . . Update!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to keep you up to date on the update. Just for the sake of people with less interest: tl;dr: We have a source for all the items from the past update, though some are inferred.

This update consisted primarily of five things:

We have made substantial progress on four of them, but some things still remain to be done!

New Voidwatch Expansion:
    Slycer and others are spearheading the effort to update the Voidwatch section of the site, and I think it's very safe to say that we're the most accurate and complete English reference for the event at the moment.

Things that are awesome:
    - There are pages for everything
    - There are strategies/notes for a lot of (close to all of?) the monsters.

Things that still need some work:
    - We need some more strategy notes. Most of the pages have only been worked on by one or two people, and one or two people can't see and write everything. If you have something to add, please add it.
    - There is a paucity of pictures. Please help out by using "Prnt Scr" with the bind in this thread to remedy it! We don't *need* pictures, but an action shot or two makes the page look nicer.

CoP Dynamis re-work:
    Aemora and Xera have made us some excellent maps for Dynamis, and I've been trying to piece together things logically. Many other people contributed information and insight into this event, and honestly I think they changed it a lot more than anyone expected. CoP Dynamis went from being "I guess we're not getting much currency this run." to "Wow, look at it rain!" I think it's safe to say that we've made a lot of progress on this event, and most of the patterns and pieces we need to complete the zones are evident.

Things that are awesome:
    - Useful and complete maps.
    - Drops (for the most part) placed.

- We need strategies for most of the the Lost NMs
    - We need to know which Lost NM drops which item in Buburimu and off the Tav Diaboloses.
    - We need a monster placement map for Tav.
    - We need to know which EM-T Nightmare monster drops which "Lost NM" pop item in Dynamis - Buburimu and Qufim.
    - Again, there's a paucity of pictures. Get your FFXI Snap on! You don't need superior settings with the elitest of the elite computers to take a screengrab of a decade old game. It's going to be a thumbnail anyway, just snap a pic when you have a clear shot!

4 New HKCNMs:
    We had many different HKCNMers who helped with the strategy and updating the pages. Overall, I'd say this was our quickest section to finish. My condolences to those who discovered Taurassic Park's chest glitch, but thanks for the information.

Things that are awesome:
    - Pretty complete and accurate strategies
    - Lots of drops, including the two special ones per BCNM.

- No pictures makes me a sad taru, but we have the important stuff I suppose. =p

4 New Walk of Echoes Chambers:
    Before this update, Walk of Echoes was a pain in the ass that people grudgingly did when their friends wanted coins for fake Empyrean weapons, with the fringe benefit of some good gil items. Now, Walk of Echoes is a Summoner orgy of massive proportions, with Titan x Titan, Garuda x Titan, and Garuda x Garuda action all over the place. Its popularity has exploded, but unfortunately our pages for it have not followed suit.

Things that are awesome:
    - Our Walk of Echoes thread has most of the relevant information about all the monsters and everything, just waiting for someone to scavenge it.
    - Blackrose is anticipating having a revised battlefield template (including WoE) done by the end of the week.

Things that still need work:
    - Any, all, etc.

Various new JAs/JTs:
    Many of these Job Abilities and Traits were available on the Test Server, and few (if any) have received substantial changes since then. Underwhelming though most of them may be, if you notice something different/wrong about their pages please let us know or change it yourself!

Things that are awesome:
    - Most of everything about these was up before the update even went live.

Things that still need work:
    - To my knowledge, nothing.

That's all folks!
    - Byrthnoth

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd just like to add my thanks to all the contributors of BG wiki, it's certainly come a long way.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I agree 100%!