Closed Thread
Page 3 of 952 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Well that's just it with the depth issue. We lost 3 people and the team went from "mmmmmmAverage" to "Better start praying a day early".

I've thought about it, and we could trade Tyler Bozak, Carl Gunnarson, and possibly-but-unlikely MacArthur atm. Bozak isn't playing like an essential piece, Carl Gunnarson is ideal trade bait for the bargain-savvy GM - his cap hit is pretty low for his numbers, and I hesitate to mention MacArthur but he's coming off a very hot season that may not repeat. This isn't who I want to see go, definitely want to hold on to Mac and Gunnar, just who we could potentially trade right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Well that's just it with the depth issue. We lost 3 people and the team went from "mmmmmmAverage" to "Better start praying a day early".

I've thought about it, and we could trade Tyler Bozak, Carl Gunnarson, and possibly-but-unlikely MacArthur atm. Bozak isn't playing like an essential piece, Carl Gunnarson is ideal trade bait for the bargain-savvy GM - his cap hit is pretty low for his numbers, and I hesitate to mention MacArthur but he's coming off a very hot season that may not repeat. This isn't who I want to see go, definitely want to hold on to Mac and Gunnar, just who we could potentially trade right now.
    I'm not sure on the status on Bozak, but I'm pretty positive that Liles, Komi, MacArthur, and perhaps Gunnar won't be leafs by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    I'm not sure on the status on Bozak, but I'm pretty positive that Liles, Komi, MacArthur, and perhaps Gunnar won't be leafs by the end of the season.
    Well, Liles was a stop-gap for offensive D men until Gardiner came out of the minors, it was pretty clear - Burke drafted Gardiner for Anaheim and then got him again for Toronto so I'm pretty sure Burke did the homework on this guy. We'll see how things play out for him in Tdot... I bet Liles' leaf future is tied directly to Gardiner's.

Of course leafnation wants komisarek gone, but who's going to take him? I think he's toxic - it's a cool four milski's for a slow-moving shot blocker D-man. He doesn't even play his role particularly well. I could see it if his contract wasn't so big, but shipping Komisarek is almost as much a salary issue for the receiving team as the player. Well, Calgary is happy overpaying for aging D-men and Ottawa's GM still has a job, so less crazy things have happened. Hey, we traded Lebda.

And MacArthur and Gunnarson have showcase potential. Gunnar has value with his palatable contract, MacArthur as an emerging (maybe) forward

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

My buddy got our season tickets yesterday! Can't wait for Sunday for my two teams to go head to head, hope for a SO and Jets taking it.

*edit

Also, TSN ranks Jest 25th on power rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Finally home and able to make a real post...re: the title, I was late for work but wanted to go ahead and get the thread started, I'm sure it'll get changed many times over the course of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, we're back to the time of year when the games start to matter again!* This upcoming season is sure to provide us with plenty of highlights, drama, and headlines...such as these:

October 7th, 2011: Readers of ESPN's 'Body Issue' are surprised to find that Vancouver Canucks star Ryan Kesler actually has 46 entries in the magazine, somehow having found his way into the background of almost every picture taken for it.

October 8th, 2011:
    The NHL suffers great embarrassment after the airing of its highly-touted European Premiere games, after word spreads of what the "Ta Corey Perry i röven" chant sung by the Helsinki crowd actually means.

November 2nd, 2011: Penguins ultra-star and face-of-the-NHL Sidney Crosby finally makes his official return to league play. Penguins fans every where remark on how relieved they are to finally be able to watch the greatest player in the history of their team since its inception in 2005 again.

November 14th, 2011: Unable to find a suitable contract in either the NHL or European leagues, Sean Avery signs on with TLC as Clinton Kelly's replacement on What Not To Wear. Kelly spends several weeks on the front page of TMZ after accusing Avery of partaking in his 'sloppy seconds'.

November 21st, 2011: Drama and controversy erupts at the TSN-televised Montreal/Boston game, as thousands of fans call the Montreal police department demanding that Bruins captain Zdeno Chara be arrested for not running Pierre McGuire's head into a stanchion.

December 2nd, 2011: New Panthers GM Dale Tallon defies all expectations of his teams' performance, as the Panthers baffle the scientific and hockey communities alike by somehow managing to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs only two months into the season.

December 17th, 2011: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman is regrettably forced to waive star forward Patrick Sharp, upon learning that after taking a puck to the face during the Anaheim game he will 'never be beautiful again'. Bowman makes amends with Sharp by keeping him within the organization, offering him a job replacing longtime arena organist Frank Pellico. Rumors spread that some nights, during home games, one may catch a glimpse of Sharp in the arena rafters, with a porcelain mask over the disfigured half of his face.

December 29th, 2011: Pittsburgh authorities are forced to cut the Flyers/Penguins game short due to a massive outbreak of violence in the stands, 3267 of the astounding 3,268 separate violent incidents are reportedly all attributed to various Flyers fans over-using the 'What, no Jagr?' line. The remaining one incident turns out to be Mike Milbury beating some guy with a shoe.

January 1st, 2012: Fans are greatly disappointed when the NHL cancels its flagship product, the Winter Classic. The game is scrapped when league officials realize that neither the New York Rangers nor the Philadelphia Flyers employ Ty Conklin.

January 17th, 2012: The Vancouver Canucks' season falls apart amidst giant rifts within the locker room, when Vancouver police charge All-Star winger Daniel Sedin with 'Rape By Deception Or Fraud' after he pulls the ol' switcheroo on twin brother Henrik's wife Johanna.

February 3rd, 2012: After much research a revelation is finally reached, as Dustin Byfuglien and Evander Kane are finally able to figure out which of the two of them has been referred to as 'no, the other black guy' in Winnipeg all year.

February 17th, 2012: Oilers netminder Nikolai Khabibulin finds himself in hot water after a DUI arrest violates his parole. The sentencing judge in the subsequent trial states that 'seeing as how jail time is obviously not enough' of a deterrent for Khabibulin's foolish actions, and sentences him to sign another 4-year contract with the Oilers as punishment.

March 24th, 2012: Ben Eager's year is prematurely ended as he is suspended for the remainder of the regular season after viciously attacking recent Panthers callup Rocco Grimaldi. In his disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan, Eager states that he was 'still totally pissed' about Grimaldi's public preseason calls for women to 'put away their boobs'.

April 7th, 2012: The 9th-seeded New Jersey Devils inexplicably back their way into the postseason, as President's Trophy-winning Capitals GM George McPhee holds a press conference stating "You know what, we all know how this is going to turn out, fuck it, we're not even going to bother with it." and withdraws from the playoffs.

*offer not valid in Alberta or Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Of course leafnation wants komisarek gone, but who's going to take him? I think he's toxic - it's a cool four milski's for a slow-moving shot blocker D-man. He doesn't even play his role particularly well. I could see it if his contract wasn't so big, but shipping Komisarek is almost as much a salary issue for the receiving team as the player. Well, Calgary is happy overpaying for aging D-men and Ottawa's GM still has a job, so less crazy things have happened. Hey, we traded Lebda.
    What's going to make him movable is that, his cap hit the next two years is 4.5m, but he will only make 3.5 per year. He'll be a good acquisition for cap floor teams.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I am utterly upset that I have to miss the Hawk's home opener Saturday because I will be at a wedding. At least I Can watch Friday's game in Big D.
    We're getting stuck at a wedding Saturday too. For fucks' sake these are the same people I made rearrange a dinner party they were hosting because they wanted to have us over on the first night of the SCF, you'd think they would have learned to check the fucking calendar.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    December 17th, 2011: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman is regrettably forced to waive star forward Patrick Sharp, upon learning that after taking a puck to the face during the Anaheim game he will 'never be beautiful again'. Bowman makes amends with Sharp by keeping him within the organization, offering him a job replacing longtime arena organist Frank Pellico. Rumors spread that some nights, during home games, one may catch a glimpse of Sharp in the arena rafters, with a porcelain mask over the disfigured half of his face.
    Why you gotta be like that, ese.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Urge to do a Patrick Sharp Phantom of the Opera photoshop rising....

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm actually kind of happy. The Pens play Thurs, Sat, and Sun. All late starts since it's their Canadian trip apparently. So even though I work til eleven every night I should still get to see some hockey.

http://www.loveforlokomotiv.com/

they are taking donations for the families of the Lokomotiv crash.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Welcome to the thread Abandon. Token black guy hockey fan on BG? Maybe.
    Hey hey hey! I was here way before Abandon...

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

February 3rd, 2012: After little debate a decision is finally reached, and Valisk and Abandon are finally able to figure out which of the two of them has been referred to as 'no, the other black guy' in the hackey thread all year.
    Fixed.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I shall never be "the other black guy", due to the fact that I am the blackest person on BG.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

And if anyone disagrees, I challenge you to FITE ME at American Airlines arena at a Dallas Stars game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

April 7th, 2012: The 9th-seeded New Jersey Devils inexplicably back their way into the postseason, as President's Trophy-winning Capitals GM George McPhee holds a press conference stating "You know what, we all know how this is going to turn out, fuck it, we're not even going to bother with it." and withdraws from the playoffs.
    Excellent.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I shall never be "the other black guy"
    IMPLIED

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

This is why I fucks with Islaboo. Seriously, tomorrow when I get off work, I shall do research, then I will nignog all over this thread, it'll be grand.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

That is fucking awesome.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 952 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast