BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Weird one: Walk of Echoes mob 'Varanus'

I'm trying (slowly) to bring the Walk of Echoes content uptodate. I know a template is being worked on for the battlefields so I'm not worried about that. I'm trying to update the mobs and I am trying to deal with a weird one.

The only other place I've seen something like this is in the past and is a pet/add of an Orc NM which I think is Feeblescheme Bhogbigg. He summons somehow mobs which look a bit like the traps in Bastion but move around. I'm pretty sure the listed Varanus mob type is that kind of thing (am doublechecking but there's def something like that in there!)

What the hell do I call it? lol. I dug around and have seen them referred to as vials but these are essentially mobs which seem to appear one at a time in conflux 11, somehow associated with Tapana (megaboss). I've seen them up but I have little idea about what they are, what he does to summon em and what to do with them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For some reason I was under the impression that those were monsters in Chamber 7.

In the .dats, the monster list for zones is:
    * Boss
    * Trash mob x?

.dat list for them is:
    * Pardus x9 (Flux ? Trash)
    * Anguis x1 (Flux 7 Boss)
    * Varanus x3 (Flux 7 trash?)
    *Anhanguera (Flux 9 boss)
    * Pteranodon x5 (Flux 9 Trash)

The Boss -> Trash pattern works for the rest of the list, and they always cluster conflux monsters together. Are you sure they aren't the trash mobs for number 7?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They are immobile adds he pops after a tp move that have some kind of enfeeble aura if you are too close. OP is trying to figure out what to classify them as.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Oh, as far as family we have a family just named "Unclassified" For Type . . . I don't know.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yep, my mistake utterly on the flux. I posted for clarification and asked in another thread and got that response too. I knew I was confused about them and hence wanted clarification but yeah, cock up on my part. I've been spamming 8,9 & 11 and only doing 7 occasionally recently, and I think my brain is starting to rot. Because I wasn't clear on what they are etc I didn't want to say too much. But yeah they are adds the boss summons as opposed to anything else.