1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 7 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Ifrit Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I usually have that filtered, but surprisingly obvious solution.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Actually, the incapacitating attacks need to hit him in the face to affect his right/left horns... which is another reason breaking horns sucks. It ruins a combo for LNC/DRG and it can put you and/or the tank in danger when running to front. Recently, for the hell of it, I spammed only Impulsive Drive on his face every time it was up and I could not incapacitate a single horn by myself before he began glowing.

Definitely not worth it when even a poop party can overcome the regen.
    the way our ls thought it worked was those horns have like a set hp purely to be taken away from with the incap wses, so once you do X damage with either of those weapon skills it would break.. seemed to make sense, it was never a random early break always about the same time

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have a set amount of damage that has to be dealt to it with the designated Weaponskill(s) in order to become incapacitated. I think I was just trying to quantify it somewhat by saying that a single melee focusing only on trying to incapacitate a horn probably cannot get it done alone before it becomes too dangerous to bother with.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Is there a bug where the music during the king phase of the moogle fight doesn't play? Went with a friend's group last night and after the king summoned the music never played, but the envrionmental sounds were still playing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've been experiencing that music bug since the last patch in all kinds of places. Even happened while in town.

Have also had the chocobo music continue to play as a second, softer track in the background after dismounting. Remounting and dismounting did not make it go away. Had to relog.

BG Level

Bleh, that should have been in random.

Anyway for Ifrit, what's the genearl rule for melee during the fight now? Haven't done it since 1.19 so curious what I should do different when I go LNC/DRG due to attribute changes and the combo system.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just really work on ur timing as to not lock urself during combo chaining. There is a 13~ sec grace between combo so make use of that to manuver around eruptions.

Rely more on the rear chain combo and use the disembowel combo after u miss when finishing chaos thrust. Frontal combo is hard to deal with but melee just requires a lot of awareness of everything.

Also elusive jump doesn't calculate ur movement til u actually finish landing. So you will still eat eruptions. I'm not 100% sure this is true as maybe my reaction + BC lag might attribute to my taking dmg everytime I try it. So try it at your own risk.

Bonus tip: there is plenty of time to knock out all 4 nails and that will increase your odds of surviving hellfire without the safety of sentinel. Two THM/BLM should be able to kill 1 nail with just 1 thundara combo each.

BG Level

How risky is it to do a 3 WS combo? Seems like trying to use Chaos as a finisher is a death wish due to the long animation time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

pretty damn risky compared to nuking across the map on thm :s when in doubt.. wait it out!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's a trick to getting off a 3-WS combo during dashes with LNC/DRG and there's no danger at all if you know the extent of your lag.

• When you see Ifrit jump, immediately hit True Thrust while you run to the tank. The lag will let you run to safety before the animation even goes off. Because Ifrit's hitbox defaults behind you, in the center of the arena (also facing the tank) while he's jumping/dashing, your True Thrust will actually hit him in the front, starting the combo.

• You'll be stuck in True Thrust's animation through the first dash. As soon as you can, after/during his 2nd dash, run back out towards the center, hit Leg Sweep, and run right back. Lag will let you get out there, hit him with the frontal AoE weaponskill, and run back before you get stuck in Leg Sweep's animation.This is only possible because AoE weaponskills don't require a target to use (since Ifrit is untargetable during dashes). This keeps the combo going.

• During his final dash, get back into position and you'll have a solid 3~4 seconds to mash a few buffs (Blood for Blood/Blindside) and hit him with a Doom Spike right as he lands.

This is how you win the parses, since everyone else is standing around with their thumbs up their asses~ :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

any tips for the moogle fight? been a very long time since I got to try it.. 6/7 on ifrit weapons so I really have no interest in ever doing that again, I tried arc a few times for it when it first came out but we werent able to beat it

meh our problem was probably just weak mages thinking back

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    There's a trick to getting off a 3-WS combo during dashes with LNC/DRG and there's no danger at all if you know the extent of your lag.

• When you see Ifrit jump, immediately hit True Thrust while you run to the tank. The lag will let you run to safety before the animation even goes off. Because Ifrit's hitbox defaults behind you, in the center of the arena (also facing the tank) while he's jumping/dashing, your True Thrust will actually hit him in the front, starting the combo.

• You'll be stuck in True Thrust's animation through the first dash. As soon as you can, after/during his 2nd dash, run back out towards the center, hit Leg Sweep, and run right back. Lag will let you get out there, hit him with the frontal AoE weaponskill, and run back before you get stuck in Leg Sweep's animation.This is only possible because AoE weaponskills don't require a target to use (since Ifrit is untargetable during dashes). This keeps the combo going.

• During his final dash, get back into position and you'll have a solid 3~4 seconds to mash a few buffs (Blood for Blood/Blindside) and hit him with a Doom Spike right as he lands.

This is how you win the parses, since everyone else is standing around with their thumbs up their asses~ :3
    Sounds risky, but fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What are the pre-reqs for this quest? My google searches didn't help me too much.

I'm far behind in the main story line quests, if that helps

BG Level

Need to be at a certain point in a company and do "It Kills With Fire", after that you can unlock the hyper version (Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think you had to beat the r30 dungeon? totorak? so 4 people for that & 4 for r30 ifrit.. make sure you break atleast one nail lol nien nien nien nien nien nien

You don't have to have beaten toto-rak (which only requires 2 ppl btw).

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Random Q thread

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25