+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 380 FirstFirst ... 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Why would dimps be involved in the balancing process?
    It's less about the balance, and more about the actual coding. Ultra (the only version of SF4 capcom actually developed) is full of spaghetti code bullshit (see the bugged online for pc/ps3 version, massive amounts of unlisted/unintended character changes, various glitches) and was a lazy hackjob in general. Elenas hitboxes are probably the most glaring example, which unlike the other sfxt characters, capcom didn't bother to finish adjusting after the copy/paste.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

They didn't polish several of Decapre's either, from what I understand there's a lot of 'CammySFxTK' file names in the Decapre boxes, lol

So when are they fixing the game again?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If anyone is familiar with Excel/okay at math, and might be interested in doing the same thing for their own local scene I got bored and decided to make an Elo-style ranking system for our local Chicago USF4 players based on our ranbat results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    So when are they fixing the game again?
    what exactly needs fixing besides the unintended nerfs decapre and rolento got?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    what exactly needs fixing besides the unintended nerfs decapre and rolento got?
    uhhhh hitboxes.

Also they should fix that the game sucks.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ultra Street Fighter IV: GFWL rules Steam drools!

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    uhhhh hitboxes.

Also they should fix that the game sucks.
    how about you adjust yourself to them? unique hitboxes arent something new

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

There's unique hitboxes, and then there's some of the things that go on in this game, lol. I've seen several pass-through type of things, characters falling out of ultras that really shouldn't be, etc. I think the game is playable and the balance is decent, but it is definitely sloppy as fuck.

I'm not even sure if I mind it at this point, the bad coding makes for random shit happening and I play a character who is generally at an advantage if things come down to a scramble so w/e I guess

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    how about you adjust yourself to them? unique hitboxes arent something new
    Going through a character or having a MID attack whiff on a crouching character is not unique. Its buggy. You can't tell someone to adjust to something that is clearly not intentional especially when Capcom themselves acknowledged it and plans to fix it.

The problem is SFxT has smaller hitboxes than SF4 and there was no adjustment on Capcoms part to fix this after they copy pasted the data. The result is shit like moves going though characters and Elena having the only hard knockdown in the game you can't delay your wake up on.

There is alot of shit that's broken like Vanilla Seth has 800 health/ 900 stun. Ken gets more meter when you block his SRK than when it hits. Dan's j.MP crosses up Elena but every other airborne move misses.

There is a thread on Shoryuken with a list if bugs in the game I believe it was submitted to Capcom with over 700 bugs on it? That's ridiculous.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

to be fair some of what they counted as bugs were silly, but I think they trimmed some of the stuff that was just people bitching about characters/moves they didn't like

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    Going through a character or having a MID attack whiff on a crouching character is not unique. Its buggy. You can't tell someone to adjust to something that is clearly not intentional especially when Capcom themselves acknowledged it and plans to fix it.

The problem is SFxT has smaller hitboxes than SF4 and there was no adjustment on Capcoms part to fix this after they copy pasted the data. The result is shit like moves going though characters and Elena having the only hard knockdown in the game you can't delay your wake up on.

There is alot of shit that broken like Vanilla Seth has 800 health/ 900 stun. Ken gets more meter when you block his SRK than when it hits. Dan's j.MP crosses up Elena but every other airborne move misses.

There is a thread on Shoryuken with a list if bugs in the game I believe it was submitted to Capcom with over 700 bugs on it? That's ridiculous.
    bugs i agree, but strange hitboxes? I just get the feeling that we/capcom are patching the game to death with constant changes.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Constant changes? This isn't a monthly balance patch like the NRS games, it's legit issues and bugs.

Elena's hitboxes are fucking broken. There is no reason for moves that hit mid to whiff a crouching character, period.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I think my favorite was that Poison's force stand moves whiff on several crouching characters after a jumpin

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I think my favorite was that Poison's force stand moves whiff on several crouching characters after a jumpin
    It's not even several, it's most. I think it is cl. MP or cl. HP forces stand and does not combo post jump in... or off anything, and for certain things for her to combo to work, they have to be standing... If I remember correctly. I remember trying some stuff but it didn't work on crouchers, and didn't work on jump ins into forced stands.

Also, this makes me want to play SF4 again, even if 80% of this shit is unviable.

Also broken: the netcode on PC. It's been a veritable shit festival and I for one am tired of the celebration.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Question for the PC players here. Not sure if I asked this before, but are any of you having odd input problems? I can't really put my finger on it, but it feels like something is just... off compared to the Xbox version. Vsync is off on my machine which I heard can be a problem.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Pretty sure I found my issue. Killed the anti aliasing and it feels a bit better.