+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 380 FirstFirst ... 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast

lol I kept pressing voice dial >.> that's the default when I press start button in big screen mode

Edit: I don't think this patch fixed the freeze issues.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Octo and I played about 40 matches and for the most part there was no lag. During the first 10-15, I had created a 3 person lobby that was open to the public. Any time a 3rd player would join, it would freeze for a good 5-6 seconds. After I made a private room for just us, it felt like arcade mode.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm pretty fed up with losing to shitty Giefs as Sak because he can just lariat everything I do for free, so working on a counterpick this week. What do you guys think is better for him between Sagat and Gouken? I know Sagat S.HK/F.HK blow him up really badly, but it seems like he can still use sweep whiffs to get in well, I'm not sure if I like the feel of his bnbs, and it seems like he's still fucked if Gief gets in since TU isn't that great. Gouken seems like he might have a harder time keeping him out since you have to play fireball guessing games, but I think his fireball should recover in time to not eat an EX greenhand often and he seems to have stuff to deal with lariat, plus it feels like his reversals would work better vs. Gief.

BG Level

Poison? idk

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Nah Poison kinda sucks against him. He can deal with her fireballs with greenhand/lariat, she has absolutely no wakeup option against him, any blocked rekka or tatsu is a free SPD. As soon as he gets one bar from spamming lariat, round's over usually.

BG Level

Sagat then

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ultra Street Fighter IV: GFWL rules Steam drools!

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Nah Poison kinda sucks against him. He can deal with her fireballs with greenhand/lariat, she has absolutely no wakeup option against him, any blocked rekka or tatsu is a free SPD. As soon as he gets one bar from spamming lariat, round's over usually.
    i disagree, poison is an excellent chioce against any grappler with U2. her grab may not have much range but makes any grappler respect her and come not too close with moves pokes or jump ins they have. plus she can apply safe pressure on their wake up with HP fireball and when you have U2 ready even with love me tender, just out of fear of eating an U2 that does immense dmg. the key is to pick U2 against grapplers

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

She can apply pressure on their wakeup, but that doesn't really do anything for neutral, you throw one bad fireball, or get something funky on a bnb because her light chains are stupid and the entire round can be gone. I think she's awesome against Hugo obviously, and good against Hawk, but I think Gief has more than enough tools to deal with her. U2 is kind of de facto anyways since I'm pretty sure all 4 major grapplers are too heavy to land U1 out of EX rekka midscreen. U2 is good if they're going to try to constantly mash buttons in your face, but light SPD massively outranges it so there's not really any particular reason for him to be close enough for it to hit.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'll be on Steam playing a day 1 character in a few, I think my Steam is Nalso or psn_nalso

Apparently the beta patch made it to everybody now and its still broken lol

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

now that you mention it I don't think I did the opt in thing

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Calli, you should try Poison against Ken.. It's not a hard counter but it's definitely better than using Sakura against him.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yeah I like her against all the shotos. If she gets them in the corner they don't really have any good options

BG Level

Even more issues caused by (fail)Steam:

Cjskater, this dude needs your help!!!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lmao welt, yea, i gave up on USFail4, just gonna wait on gg, prolly going to pick up UNIEL on jp psn as well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

when did u beat t9 nits?! congrats slut

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ultra Street Fighter IV: GFWL rules Steam drools!

2 weeks ago, been clearing it lol. Thanks!!

So is the secret to becoming mediocre just quitting my day job to practice street fighter all day or what?

I've been at this for a year and I'm still absolute fucking garbage at the game and as someone with a day job, limited free time and hobbies that aren't street fighter I really don't feel like I have a chance of getting to a level where I can actually start to enjoy playing the game.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

play bipson

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    So is the secret to becoming mediocre just quitting my day job to practice street fighter all day or what?

I've been at this for a year and I'm still absolute fucking garbage at the game and as someone with a day job, limited free time and hobbies that aren't street fighter I really don't feel like I have a chance of getting to a level where I can actually start to enjoy playing the game.
    Not sure on your fighting game background, but if this is your very first FG, i understand why you'd struggle. People like me, welt, and a few others have been playing these games since high school and we of course grew up know how these games are played. We grew up on knowing how the basics/game engine works before we got into shit like combos and frame data.

Maybe with the possible lack of experience, and your mind being clouded to trying to get to the level most of us are at, it's affecting you. Try to relax and see if you have any locals you can play with. Have you tried playing with any of us w/ skype or anything? Sadly for me, i don't play w/ my local scene at the arcade because i'm not on their level, but my reasoning is because i don't feel the love to play sf like others have the passion for it. However, i'd go to the arcade to play people in guilty gear, since i'm 100% passionate and in love with that game.

Maybe it's love that you never developed, not sure, i recall you played Juri, who is a fucktardedly advanced character to use at the level of a beginner. Did you take our suggestion to start off w/ Ryu? If you have the pc version of the game, you should ask to play w/ us over skype and we'll chat, have fun, and learn things as we go.

Tl;dr, don't cloud your mind expecting to get to a high level overnight, some of us took years to get there, try playing with us!