1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats and how they work.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So... which monsters still exhibit vulnerabilities to attacks from specific directions and which do not?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    DEX does not affect crit rate. The only things that affect crit rate are level / level correction and +crit rate from gear.

I did some very brief, inconclusive testing with Sipahi Gloves and saw a ~0.1% increase that could have resulted just from variance, since my sample size was only ~100 attacks.
    So far every time I'm parsing 2ppl the one w/o the crit rate gloes ends up being higher on the crit % scale maybe 20 times parsing groups of ppl w and w/o the gloves but never seen the person with the gloves come out on top, doesn't mean anything statistically but for me it means I'm gonna wear STR gloves that can get 1-2 STR materia's on it rather then the sipahi gloves.

Think it's possible there's a crit rate cap based on dLVL?

Has anyone tested rates on significantly varying mob ranks?

Either way sounds borked and probably going be fixed at some point.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma View Post
    So far every time I'm parsing 2ppl the one w/o the crit rate gloes ends up being higher on the crit % scale maybe 20 times parsing groups of ppl w and w/o the gloves but never seen the person with the gloves come out on top, doesn't mean anything statistically but for me it means I'm gonna wear STR gloves that can get 1-2 STR materia's on it rather then the sipahi gloves.
    The amount of times that somebody uses Blindside with Chaos Thrust changes from run to run based on what TP moves are thrown at them, and that will singlehandedly double your crit rate every time it's done. Parses aren't reliable to test crit unless you're out to test it and keep the rotations the same. Which carraway already did, and found no differences @ 100auto trials.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

excellent point cel didn't even think of blindside

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Think it's possible there's a crit rate cap based on dLVL?

Has anyone tested rates on significantly varying mob ranks?

Either way sounds borked and probably going be fixed at some point.
    I can tell you for magic damage, the critical hit rate on lvl 1 mobs when you're 50 (dLVL49) is about 20%. It's clearly not this high for R50 mobs so it's either the huge difference in stats or dLVL causing this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

For those interested in heals I have some more observations. Thank you so much for your tests Kaeko.

I tested various sets and even borrowed some fancy gear from friends (MND+33 Jade Crook and MND+30 Felt hat etc.)
    I was however very frustrated by how little my heals went up.

Then I went out and got Prime Conditioning and the results are amazing. It seems the skill is either broken or the description is wrong. Instead of healing the person with Prime Conditioning equipped for 10% more, it seems to affect all my heals. I also tested it on people with Prime Conditioning and people without, and for some reason I heal those without Prime Conditioning equipped even more.

This is the set I use, I know I should probably have used a red felt robe and a green hat but sue me, the brown set looks cooler and I liked having some nuking stats on it as well.

http://www.abload.de/img/gearffuet.jpg

These are just a few samples of the cures I did earlier on a friend who does not have Prime Conditioning:
    http://www.abload.de/img/cures9iuj2.jpg

My highest Cure III was 1715 and I was surprised by how often I seemed to crit Cure III. Cure II seemed to crit a bit less, but the crits were around 745 which I found impressive.

I have not had time to borrow my friends MND set which would give me roughly 30-45 more MND in total, If I am able I will test it.

Such a shame that guild marks are being removed soon, I really don't want to loose all my nice guild mark skills, especially not prime conditioning. @.@

Naver

I have never hit a crit higher than 1200 Buttons D:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My highest was 1200 without prime conditioning and today I was doing 1600-1700 but for some reason mostly on my friend Hunty. On others it was lower, so random. @.@" And thanks again for helping me get my PUG levels Four-taru. ^_^/

Naver

What level was Hunty? I noticed I was doing higher cure2's on you during that PUG excitement lol. Could you possibly redo those tests on a R50?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Oh yeah, think he was on a low level and not his 50. I'll check later.

From test by just healing myself as 50 CON my numbers are totally skewed again, normal heals are still in the 960-1000 range but my crits are suddenly 1001. >.>" Maybe the moon/sun affects it too? xD So random lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't think it's been explicitly stated by SE at this point, but in ARC thread it was brought up that DEX is affecting ranged attacks. Mioko found that +29DEX was giving him roughly 50 extra damage on Level 1 Coblyns outside of Ul'dah.

Naver

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Oh yeah, think he was on a low level and not his 50. I'll check later.

From test by just healing myself as 50 CON my numbers are totally skewed again, normal heals are still in the 960-1000 range but my crits are suddenly 1001. >.>" Maybe the moon/sun affects it too? xD So random lol.
    Yesterday's Ifrit runs I had a MND+20 hat melded and now my cure3's are doing 940-1000, with crits of 1200+. My healing potency is 412, and my MND 296. Still missing the MND trait swappers, but I'm going to assume that is going to do little for me. Going over MND 300 might be nice though. Getting Ifrit's Cane though will reduce my MND by 20 though, but up my Magic Crit. Still need to get Boarskin gloves melded with magic potency though. Perhaps that plays into account as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Naver View Post
    Yesterday's Ifrit runs I had a MND+20 hat melded and now my cure3's are doing 940-1000, with crits of 1200+. My healing potency is 412, and my MND 296. Still missing the MND trait swappers, but I'm going to assume that is going to do little for me. Going over MND 300 might be nice though. Getting Ifrit's Cane though will reduce my MND by 20 though, but up my Magic Crit. Still need to get Boarskin gloves melded with magic potency though. Perhaps that plays into account as well.

I have Healing Potency at 423 and 285 MND now. My Cure III on lv50s are at roughly 968-1002 now. Crits at 1200+.
    Got Crit potency+32 on my boarskin ringband, want to get a IV but they are still expensive.
    Don't bother getting the stat swap traits Four, guild marks skills gonna go poof soon anyway, wonder how they will be distributed. Hope I can keep mine and don't have to level more classes. @.@

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I believe the idea is they don't like the guild mark system is going poof, with the abilities being gained through levels instead. I couldn't imagine life without prime conditioning and fleet of foot

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did a few rough testing with Prime Conditioning and its been changed or misinterpreted. The healing effect bonus is granted on the source of the healing not the target. A mage with PC will have all his healing effects, regardless of target, bumped up 10%. A melee with PC will only benefit from self cures and Second Wind. Looks like PC will be a requirement for mages if this holds true.

I'm guessing the correct description would be: Increases Healing effects BY you by 10%.

dLvl does affect cure potency and crit rate also. Lower lv people will have higher cure/crit values than a lv 50.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Really interested in the test you ran Buttons. If dLVL is indeed a factor in cures, then this would be a very easy way to determine the dLVL correction factors (if we make the assumption that the correct factors stay the same for damage).

It wouldn't surprise me if the dLvl effect is unintentional and someone forgot to remove it for healing spells.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Looks like PC will be a requirement for mages if this holds true.
    Like it wasn't before? It should be equipped all the time, by everybody.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Given what is true about PC now, melee dont necessarily need it as if a mage has it he has the 10% cure bonus. If a melee wants 10% more from second wind or his/her own cures then they equip PC. Can even free up a trait slot for melee if the situation suits it.

Not to say it isnt a necessary skill for everyone, just more necessary for a mage to have it.
    Same idea as most melee should have CON/THM to 20. Now mage should have MNK to 20 for this trait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast