1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats and how they work.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Some very good information in here :D! Thanks everyone. "Final Fantasy Attack Power" for the win. I hate to say it but there is some much needed changes to the stat system and/or stat values on gears/materias. Enmity+ should not be useless on gear >_< just doesn't work for me !

Though I'm little confused, 10 Enmity on gear is 1% increase of what!? Every skill and damage you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The latter half of Stan's last post up there. The testing is in JP but he's given us the finer points.

Granted most of us can't read it and it's a lot to ask for him to translate the whole thing but I'd assume if he found any serious error with the testing methodology he'd mention something.
    Oh, I missed the edit. Thanks. That's depressing as fuck though, but it makes me excited to try PLD again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Thanks Stan,

Regarding Flat Blade's 4.5x bonus, I read that on eLeMeN, the enmity modifier was based on the MND stat.

http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff14/cla...Gladiator.html

I wonder if he accounted for this. Or if MND is even a modifier. I could not find where SE stated this.

EDIT:
    The PLD modifiers seems really high. The flat blade one especially. I'll talk to Seiken about doing stat caps STR/MND for gladiator.
    According to his post, he did two tests. Both with a static 237 MND, but against enemies with different dLvs. So either one of two things is happening: a.) The Flat Blade enmity bonus caps easily at R50, but does not at earlier levels (low MND) or b.) With only 237 MND, you can get a x4.5 bonus, which you can increase with more MND.

In both cases dLv does not seem to affect the enmity bonus, or at least, not by much. In fighting the stronger mob (R54 Cockatrice), he noticed it was more akin to a x4.4 bonus rather than a x4.5 bonus, although the difference was pretty negligible. And because of that, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's case a.

Quote Originally Posted by Technyze View Post
    Though I'm little confused, 10 Enmity on gear is 1% increase of what!? Every skill and damage you do?
    Yes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ppl thinking the enmity bonus gear is broken need to look at the bigger picture. If you really stack up the enmity gear, with some heavy DL and a good 20-30 enmity cobalt belt. Then toss in a maddening potion you can hit 20-25% increased enmity from EVERY action. This includes abilities, ws's, AA, cures etc. That can equate to an increase in all your DPS being able to go 20+% harder through the course of the fight.

That's a big difference in hate control and I dont' think that is going to be increased anytime soon.

Trust me go do ifrit (my fav choice for testing NM since its super easy to enter and someone always needs something from it) and have the tank wear a full enmity set, then rotate out all the enmity gear.

But unless you have a few pieces of darklight gear and some decent enmity gear already to stack, it isn't worth using a few random pieces.

You can't say enmity is worthwhile and then add the provision that "all you need" is DL gear (which has more enmity on any given piece than all of PLD AF, and also happens to have absurd amounts of HP/VIT/DEF so you'd be wearing it anyway), triple melded gear, and meds for it to work.

It's neither practical or available to the majority of people. We're talking about less stupid-obvious choices (not "should I wear DL armor? derp") like coral armillae, stonewall earring, certain AF pieces, etc.

My testing partner Seiken already redid the stat cap testing for melees. He prefers to post his results and methods directly into the official forums. Thread here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post607045

New stat caps according to his post-1.21 testing are...

PGL/MNK: 348STR/305-310INT
    LNC/DRG: 348STR/305-310PIE
    MAR/WAR: 348STR/305-310VIT
    ARC/BRD: 330PIE/295-300DEX

GLA/PLD was not tested. Tested using Ifrit's weapons. If you use another weapon with lower base damage, these caps will DECREASE. The base damage alters the caps. These are the caps for weapon skills. He assumed that all WSs would have the same cap after testing 2 WAR WSs and found they had the same cap. Auto-attack stats will cap earlier, but he figured people would only care about the WS caps so he focused on posting that. If you want the auto-attack / light shot caps I can dig up the excel file he gave me.

It is ALWAYS to your advantage to cap the stat before focusing on ATK. Also remember that if STR is your modifier (say on MNK), you get 2-fold benefit for +1STR (1 for the mod and 1 for the fact STR is always 0.67 ATK). After you hit your 348 STR cap, you'll only get the 2:3 ratio bonus.

There is a MATK cap. There is also actually an ATK cap. They are both essentially unreachable for anything you would ever care about killing. The only spell that is ever in danger of having a capped MATK on R45+ mobs is Thundara (combo) because the Thundara combo bonus gives you an additional +700 MATK, and I've never seen it cap on an R45+ mob. INT does not cap like melee stats. Unlike the melee formulas, INT and MATK are DEPENDENT variables (similar to XI's magic damage formula). The difficulty of testing with dependent variables is 1 reason why we have not posted MATK testing but nearly all the melee stuff is out (besides this, Seiken is a more rigorous tester than me). This means that the effect/bonus generated by 1 is dependent on what the other currently is. For all spells other than Thundara on combo, MATK is better than INT when talking point for point. For thundara on combo, INT beats MATK easily due to the fact the game is giving you +700MATK for doing it in combo. This means if you are fighting something where you spam thunder combo (e.g. Chimera or Ifrit), stack INT once you have sufficient MACC. For something where you would spam fire nukes (normal stuff, Miser's Mistress), stack MATK first. Just remember that 4 INT = 1 MATK as well so don't disregard INT.
    Felt like this was better placed in stat thread and not random thread. Also so it wouldn't get lost (btw this still relevant)?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Trying to compile how the [1.21] AF "Enhances" pieces work...

Gallant Surcoat:
    - AF Body "Enhances Cover" gives 25% damage taken to MP return
    - Works on both physical damage and magic damage
    - Works even if you cover a target without hate. Think of it like Sanguine Rite.
    - The MP recovery does NOT show up in the log like Sanguine Rite does.
    - Source

Gallant Gauntlets:
    - +10% HP cured on Holy Succor

Gallant Cuisses:
    - Increases Divine Regen effect when cured from +85 HP/tick to +113 HP/tick
    - No effect on Divine Veil's block enhancements
    - Source

Temple Cyclas:
    - Decreases Fist MP costs from 28 MP/tick to 25 MP/tick
    - AF only needs to be on when activating Fists. Bonuses remain active even if removed after.
    - Will not receive the bonus if Fists is already active, then the gear is swapped. Must be reused with AF on.
    - Source

Temple Gaskins:
    - Decreases Shoulder Tackle recast by 6 seconds
    - Source

Temple Boots:
    - Increases Fists of Wind movement speed bonus by 6.5%
    - Increases WS recast timer reduction from -20% to -30%.
    - AF only needs to be on when activating Fists of Wind. Bonuses remain active even if removed after.
    - Will not receive the bonus if Fists of Wind is already active, then the gear is swapped. Must be reused with AF on.
    - Source

Fighter's Burgeonet:
    - Increases Antagonize's enmity bonus to x1.65 (normally x1.5).
    - Source

Fighter's Cuirass:
    - Allows Vengeance to reflect back magical-based attacks (physical only normally).
    - Extends the -50% physical damage reduction effect of Vengeance to -50% for both physical and magical attacks.
    - Source

Fighter's Gauntlets:
    - Decreases Collusion recast time by 10 seconds.

Drachen Mail:
    - Increases Invigorate TP/tick from 100/133 to 120/160.

Drachen Breeches:
    - Decreases Jump recast by 6 seconds

Drachen Greaves:
    - ??? -enmity maybe?
    - Does not affect distanced jumped or recast timer.

Choral Shirt:
    - Increases Ballad of the Magi effect from 20 MP/tick to 26 MP/tick.
    - Increases Ballad of the Magi effect under Battle Voice from 40 MP/tick to 51 MP/tick.
    - Source

Choral Tights:
    - Increases Paeon of War effect from 50 TP/tick to 60 TP/tick.
    - Increases Paeon of War effect under Battle Voice from 100 TP/tick to 120 TP/tick.
    - Source

Choral Ringband:
    - Increases Minuet of Rigor effect from 35 ACC/MACC to 43 ACC/MACC.
    - Increases Minuet of Rigor effect under Battle Voice from 71 ACC/MACC to 86 ACC/MACC.
    - Source

Healer's Robe:
    - 7-8% increase in HP cured from Cure and Cura spells
    - Unknown if this works for Curaga
    - May need more specific testing to nail down the %

- Source

Healer's Cullotes:
    - Decreases Presence of Mind recast by 30 seconds

Healer's Boots:
    - Increases Regen HP/tick by 25%
    - Capped at +203 HP/tick at Enhancing Magic = 438
    - Source

Wizard's Petasos:
    - Reduces the recast timer of Convert by 45 seconds

Wizard's Coat:
    - ???
    - Does not give MP back, does not increase critical potency, does not break cap

Wizard's Crackows:
    - Reduces the recast timer of Resonance by 10 seconds

Still continually updating but if you guys can help fill in the blanks would be great.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Monk information for you, Kaeko.

Spoiler: show
    MNK feet = 40% WS recast, over 20% default. No increase to damage. Correction: 6.5% increase to FoW movement speed.
    MNK body = 25MP/tic, down from 28MP/tic.
    MNK legs = 6-8s recast reduction on Shoulder Tackle

Also, the bonuses to feet and body persist even after the AF is removed, as long as the ability is still running. This means you can activate Fists of Wind, remove body and feet, and get both bonuses as long as FoW persists.
    Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-vs-INT-vs-ATT

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Trying to compile how the [1.21] AF "Enhances" pieces work...
    Was going to post the link to the JP Lodestone tests done to show what Cuirass does, so good timing. Will throw in the Burgeonet's effect too which was mentioned in passing earlier:

Fighter's Burgeonet:

- Increases Antagonize's enmity bonus to x1.65 (normally x1.5).
    - Source

Fighter's Cuirass:

- Allows Vengeance to reflect back magical-based attacks (physical only normally).
    - Source

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Drachen Breeches reduces Jump recast by 6 seconds (10%).

Drachen Mail appears to simply give Invigorate a +20% increase to each tick of TP.

• Where it would give 100/tick with the occasional 133, it now gives 120/tick with the occasional 160 (159.6 rounded). This also applies to Invigorate's occasionally big initial tick and that weird little final tick.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Updated. As far as BRD songs are concerned... is there anything that enhances these at R50 other than AF bonuses and Battle Voice? Like PIE or enhancing skill?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did some testing with BRD songs a bit ago and found that nothing else increased the effect aside from BV and AF bonuses. OF link
    Unless I capped out or just didn't have enough of each stat I tested to budge the effect, seems BRD doesn't have to worry about stacking anything else besides what makes them hit harder.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I did some testing with BRD songs a bit ago and found that nothing else increased the effect aside from BV and AF bonuses. OF link
    Unless I capped out or just didn't have enough of each stat I tested to budge the effect, seems BRD doesn't have to worry about stacking anything else besides what makes them hit harder.
    Exactly what I needed, thanks!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

- Does the -50% damage reduction normally with Vengeance extend to magic damage as well with AF?
    Yes.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Changed, thanks

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just checked out Drachen Greaves and they have no affect on Elusive Jump's recast time or distance jumped. It's gotta' just be an increased loss of enmity... which is not something I care to test.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh interesting... thanks. I'll put big red flags on that and see if someone figure it out then.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

With the magic damage reflect on Enhanced Vengeance, does this apply to all magic damage (such as Incinerate, Vulcan Burst, Eruption, etc.) or is it spell specific?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    With the magic damage reflect on Enhanced Vengeance, does this apply to all magic damage (such as Incinerate, Vulcan Burst, Eruption, etc.) or is it spell specific?
    I wish I'd read this prior to doing the DRG AF quest a couple days ago. I swear I'd popped Vengeance just prior to getting hit with a 1500 damage breath attack from that dragon, but I didn't see any damage returned. Cannot confirm 100% though.