+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

How was Cinderella pregnant right before the wipe, but yet is still pregnant ten years later? o.O (Henry is ten I believe. What I'm basing the timeline on.)

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I thought he told her that she wouldn't remember either after she told him that?
    No. He said something along the lines of it wouldn't be a problem to accept his deal if he wouldn't remember it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    How was Cinderella pregnant right before the wipe, but yet is still pregnant ten years later? o.O (Henry is ten I believe. What I'm basing the timeline one.)
    Remember, time stands still in the town (Henry mentions that in the first episode with the issue of the clock not working).

I'm not quite sure if Henry ages or not since he isn't from the town.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Remember, time stands still in the town (Henry mentions that in the first episode with the issue of the clock not working).
    That. And then time starts again in ep 1 when emma gets there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

As far as who does or doesnt remember, Rumple is all there to me. End of episode two under the tree. He knows who she is because he was told her name by Snow before the wipe. Should we be spoilering any of this by the way? I haven't heard any complaints, but other topics have people getting pissed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Should we be spoilering any of this by the way? I haven't heard any complaints, but other topics have people getting pissed.
    Since no complaints I'm not going to enforce it. I'll put a warning in the title though. Seems like anyone who's come into the thread is already updated.

If people do start wanting spoilers I'll start enforcing it for the current weeks episodes. Should be fine without for now though.

aduidarnenye

How was Cinderella pregnant right before the wipe, but yet is still pregnant ten years later? o.O (Henry is ten I believe. What I'm basing the timeline on.)
    That bothered me too. Snow White was pregnant when she went to the dungeon to talk to Rumplestiltskin but Cinderella was very pregnant when he was captured, so it appears that Cinderella was pregnant first. Therefore, she should have had her baby before the curse went off, because that's when Snow White had hers. I perhaps she had herself frozen somehow because of losing the prince though.

Also, all the fairytale characters are frozen in time. I think that Henry, as from outside the fairytale realm, is able to age.

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Also, all the fairytale characters are frozen in time. I think that Henry, as from outside the fairytale realm, is able to age.
    He's also able to leave the town unlike the other characters too. Though we haven't really seen what happens specifically to fairytale characters that try to leave.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    He's also able to leave the town unlike the other characters too. Though we haven't really seen what happens specifically to fairytale characters that try to leave.
    Probably varies based on method of exit. Walking, probably get suddenly ill, perhaps collapse ... driving, probably everything from crashes to flat tires .. other situations, probably based on situation (like going into labor when pregnant). Its probably very Truman Show with just random stuff .. and then like I said above, they eventually never add it all up due to being compelled to shrug it off by the curse. A char could probably try to leave literally every day and get a flat tire at the town limits every day, but if you talk to him, he'd probably only mention yesterdays flat tire with no concept of what came before.

aduidarnenye

He said something about children being able to leave because they would inevitably have to go back due to their age and their parent's responsibility to them.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I am in the camp of 'The Queen and Rumple know'. I thought that when they were talking about the curse in fairytale land, they had said that only the caster of the curse would know about it.

aduidarnenye

In the apple orchard, when the Queen fulfilled her debt of always doing what Rumplestiltskin requests of her (asking her to let him leave), she looked confused as to why she was acquisescing to him so easily. I don't think she knows.

Also, she hasn't referred to a single reality character as their fairytale name yet. She would have probably slipped in the presence of the sheriff (is he the huntsman?) at some point.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I don't know, she looked to me more afraid than confused. He made that stipulation despite being told he'd lose his memory. Not to mention, I believe Rumple is a boss. Queen asked for a child I think, not Henry. He wanted Emma all along so he brought her him instead of some random orphan.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Couple things about the show. I was under the impression the Queen knows and remembers. Rumple also seems to know as the way he said "please" to the Queen in the backyard. He made it quite clear that it was said in a way to be a dick about it. His hesitation then the cocky way he said it.

I find it funny that Rumple makes his name known to Cinderella right away since his name was always his weakness. I also think that will come into play as the Kid said he wasn't sure who Gold was in the book. I think saying his name will spark something somewhere.

aduidarnenye

Looks to be two very clear camps at the moment: "The Queen Knows" vs "The Queen Doesn't Know".

Another reason she probably doesn't know. She took the book from Henry and was leafing through it without any sign of recognition. Also, Henry tore out the last couple of pages so she wouldn't be able to put two and two together about Emma. I think that knowing that she lost Snow White's baby in the fairytale world and knowing what she learnt from the private investigator about Emma in the real world, she could have probably been able to make some conclusions about Emma if she remembered being the Evil Queen.

Perhaps Rumplestiltskin will remember who he is when Henry puts a name to him, which will make him very dangerous.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

ugh, my kids made me miss this weeks. Can anyone put me up a download?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ugh, my kids made me miss this weeks. Can anyone put me up a download?
    There wasn't one.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Oh, now i'm sad. Was sad I missed it, but I figured I could catch it later.... /wrist.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show
    Jiminy's parents were so evil, they almost made Rumplestiltskin look tame in comparison.. I like that they showed Rumple weaving the gold thread, since it makes my statement about the original Rumple thread story still happening look plausible.. Watching the mine scene, I kept getting that "LOST hatch" feeling.. As if the mine was more important than first glance..I'm sure it was obvious, but I have no idea what they showed in the mine at the end.. Seemed really important though..

I was starting to lose interest, but I really liked the story telling here.. At first I didn't care about learning their version of every Disney character's history.. But this one was really intriguing, and hope there are more as well done.. This show wouldn't be as good if they couldn't use actual Disney characters for the fairy tale parts..

link to yesterday's episode?