+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    It's rumplefuckingstiltskin. They have written him beautifully in the show. I just can't imagine how many layers they write in to each story. So many tie ins.

The last time I felt like that about a show was during Heroes Season 1 ... ya know, before they dropped the ball so hard it left a dent in the Earth's surface.

On the other hand, Once Upon a Time just gets more and more intricate and yet everything works together so well. The show is very well casted (Rumple and Regina especially), the flashbacks to the magic kingdom are genuinely interesting and far better than most of the REAL fairy tales, and overall the show just has me waiting for each and every Sunday without having let me down yet. Oh, and whoever the hell writes this show ... they need to hold onto them and never let go ... I have literally lost count of the number of shows that go to shit due to writing or producing changes.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW. fyi

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW. fyi
    ^

I was kind of scared when a second season was announced, but this just gets better and better each episode. Also, the guy playing Rumpelstiltskin is just so good.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not my favorite show ever, but it's definitely very good. Even better, it's consistently very good.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Also, the guy playing Rumpelstiltskin is just so good.
    Yep!

Still interested in who the Doctor ends up being. And they went the whole episode without referring back to the first scene of the last episode with the postcard. I'm getting a "LOST" feel from the Snow/Emma storyline.. "Oh, look, I found strangers, let's treat them like like prisoners until we figure out more."

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Loan View Post
    I'm getting a "LOST" feel from the Snow/Emma storyline.. "Oh, look, I found strangers, let's treat them like like prisoners until we figure out more."
    To be fair, they did come with the wraith.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also going to guess that the reason the destruction didn't happen in that part of the world was because of mommy. Guessing she still has some mojo workin.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Loan View Post
    Still interested in who the Doctor ends up being.
    I dunno ... on one hand the fact that even with their memories no one knows who he is sounds intriguing ... but on the other hand I feel like its going to be something mundane like Smee or something. (Hook is supposed to be introduced, right? I missed all the preseason trailers.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Although some characters vary from historical descriptions to varying degrees ... thats a bit too big of a stretch I think. That's not to say I care one way or another ... but I'd say no.

That said, after checking around the web for internet rumors based on castings and such, here's the chacters supposedly appearing this season:
    Spoiler: show

Hook - Confirmed
    Peter Pan
    Sir Lancelot
    Aladdin
    Jafar - sounds like you knew this already
    Jack (From Jack and the Beanstalk)
    The Giant (From Jack and the Beanstalk)
    Ariel

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Although some characters vary from historical descriptions to varying degrees ... thats a bit too big of a stretch I think. That's not to say I care one way or another ... but I'd say no.

That said, after checking around the web for internet rumors based on castings and such, here's the chacters supposedly appearing this season:

Hook - Confirmed
    Peter Pan
    Sir Lancelot
    Aladdin
    Jafar - sounds like you knew this already
    Jack (From Jack and the Beanstalk)
    The Giant (From Jack and the Beanstalk)
    Ariel
    Now that it's been brought up, I want it to be Jafar!! Also, Lancelot is in the trailer for next week, so he's confirmed..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Great episode as usual. I really don't care for the Regina's mom arc but I did let out an oh shit when it showed the king at the very end.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Great episode as usual. I really don't care for the Regina's mom arc but I did let out an oh shit when it showed the king at the very end.
    yeah great episode. and oh shit is the right word.
    we have as villains:
    - Regina that wants to get her son back (and possibly still wants revenge on snow)
    - Rumplestilskin that has allways some kind of backplan and fucks peopel up
    - Cora: she seems way worse then regina... and way more evil. and she has definitly a beef with her daughter.
    - King: not sure yet if he will be a villain, but i think it may come to this.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know that I would count Rumple as a villain. He is always very honest with people that things have a price, and it is always their choice. He is devious as hell and ultimately self fulfilling, but I wouldn't say a villain.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    I don't know that I would count Rumple as a villain. He is always very honest with people that things have a price, and it is always their choice. He is devious as hell and ultimately self fulfilling, but I wouldn't say a villain.
    yeah because he so didnt have a plan when he told Regina about the Ultimate curse? Regina got the hint and location from him, didnt she? He uses people to his fitting as much as Regina does, without careing about the consequences for those people or the surrounding whatsoever.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    yeah because he so didnt have a plan when he told Regina about the Ultimate curse? Regina got the hint and location from him, didnt she? He uses people to his fitting as much as Regina does, without careing about the consequences for those people or the surrounding whatsoever.
    Meh I still consider him more of a gray character and not good or evil. Could also argue he knew that the curse wouldn't outright kill anyone and would actually put him in a position of power over Regina. And that by moving basically everyone to Story Brooke it would save lives.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chaotic neutral.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So Cora and Hook vs Regina and Rumpel

very interesting.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    So Cora and Hook vs Regina and Rumpel

very interesting.

Yeah but I don't see the 4 of them teaming up at all. Cora and Hook maybe, but Cora won't trust hook, and Hook could give two shits less about Regina. No way Regina and Rumpel team up either, way too much hate and distrust. I could see 2 v 1 v 1, but Rumpel would own them all if they came at him.

Either way I fucking love the Smee introduction.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I love how they setup a halloween special using Dr. Whale as Frankenstein

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla View Post
    I love how they setup a halloween special using Dr. Whale as Frankenstein
    Something from the preview? Sometimes I wished Hulu showed the previews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast