+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Once Upon a Time (warning, spoilers inside)

Full Pilot is online:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3101793817/

I'm going to wait to watch it in HD but I hear it is actually pretty good from some people who were really skeptical.

not bad and 720p is hd! lol,

it was actually pretty cool.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    not bad and 720p is hd! lol,

it was actually pretty cool.
    It was only showing 480p for me earlier . I guess I'm watching it now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

wow it was surprisingly good

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Thanks for the link, was looking forward to this!

was pretty entertaining

aduidarnenye

Watched pilot tonight. It's quite good. Story was told very well, the acting was good, and the visuals were quite nice. The kid isn't even that annoying. I thought Little Red Riding Hood and the Grandmother were hilarious.

The only issue I had with it was Snow White's haircut in the real world bits.

It could appeal to the Desperate Housewives crowd with the interpersonal stories and to the nerds with the magic stuff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Wow glad to see all the positive feedback, I was skeptical as well. Gonna have to watch it soon, I have it dvrd

aduidarnenye

I saw a couple things that seemed like Lost references when I was watching the pilot and it turns out they actually were! Check out, for instance, the address of Henry's house and the time on the clock. Some of the writers from that show conceived this show apparently.

(Also, smoke monster and Snow White's eye when she wakes up)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Looks great.

And anyway, you can't really say no a show that gives Robert Carlyle the opportunity to chew some scenery.

I love me some Ginnifer Goodwin but wtf they did to her hair in this show

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I thought the pilot was incredible. It had a very magical feel to it and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

I thought it was really good. I liked Snow White's hair more in the real world, but only because they made it look so weird in the fantasy setting. And Cameron (Shit, what's her name again?) is always nice to look at.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Happened to walk past the living room as someone started watching this last night, and sat down to see what it was. Seemed dumb at first, and almost walked away, but it actually was pretty decent. Nothing amazing, but good enough to keep me watching for now.

Cameron (Shit, what's her name again?)
    Cameron.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well damn, color me impressed

aduidarnenye

The second episode had me comparing the Evil Queen to Ben Linus. Villain who is almost sympathetic but not quite.

Still very strong show.

The actresses who play Snow White and Emma Swann couldn't look more alike if they were mother-daughter.

BG Level

Anyone have a episode download link somewhere?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Liking the show a lot. It cracks me up though that I get thrown off with the fact these are the "disney" versions of the fairy tales. I mean, that's no surprise considering it's ABC, but more and more I keep picking up the little details (notice that though Malificent had her hood down, she had like silver pieces in her hair that looked like the horns, and has her staff etc. etc.). Makes me wonder if they're going to somehow thrown some of the other villains like Ursula or some shit lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Liking the show a lot. It cracks me up though that I get thrown off with the fact these are the "disney" versions of the fairy tales. I mean, that's no surprise considering it's ABC, but more and more I keep picking up the little details (notice that though Malificent had her hood down, she had like silver pieces in her hair that looked like the horns, and has her staff etc. etc.). Makes me wonder if they're going to somehow thrown some of the other villains like Ursula or some shit lol.
    Spoiler: show

Oh, god I wonder what she would look like, haha. I really enjoyed last night's episode. Really liked the twist on Snow Whites story and her being a thief. They are really doing a good job of making me hate The Evil Queen more and more, ughhh, wish she would diaf.

aduidarnenye

I like the Evil Queen. She is a sympathetic bad guy. She acts like she keeps making the wrong choice and regrets it but does it anyway.

Also, I am not fond of Snow White as a thief. I don't know why they did that.

I've been going through my head about Disney fairy tales and the old Grimm ones and realised there are an awful lot of female villians in these. They really had to dig to get Rumpelstilskin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast