+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

3D's becoming more affordable in the very near future and with stereoscopic only being on ps3...just more reason to trade that brobox in. AC: Revelations just added 3D support so I wouldn't put it past Rockstar. PS3's really about to hit their stride this coming year.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

360 can do full 720p stereoscopy over HDMI 1.2, you don't need a 1.4 connector for it unless you want 3-D in 1080p, which the PS3 can't handle rendering a game at either.

Multiple story characters also screams to me 'co-op support'.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    3D's becoming more affordable in the very near future and with stereoscopic only being on ps3...just more reason to trade that brobox in.
    what?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

$500 for sony's ps3 tv next month is very affordable in my eyes and I wasn't aware brobox is capable of 3D. Why don't they ever advertise it?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why the fuck would I ever buy a 27 inch TV for gaming?

At least 46'' or bust

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why don't they ever advertise it?
    Probably because they're taking a defensive stance and seeing how things go first since it isn't a proven market in the gaming area yet.

That and they probably blew their general advertising/marketing budget all on the Kinect. I also think it says a lot that Sony had to go out and manufacture their own $500 24" 3D monitor to try and get people into the market.

I don't see 3D gaming becoming a modern thing until the '3D' support is just another bulletpoint on every HDTV rather than being its own subsection of TVs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If I had room for a 46" I'd use one. If that's microsoft's thinking more power to them, I'll be enjoying my games in 3D goodness this holiday season.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

GTAIV wasn't worth the zero dollars I paid for it. I slogged through boredom up to the part where you unlock the third island and just uninstalled it. Won't be giving any fucks about this game unless they announce they're backpedaling the realism, which I'm sure isn't going to happen because GTAIV printed money.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They'd probably save money if they went back to over-the-top since there's less needed to maintain that 'real city' feeling.

Am curious to see how Saint's Row 3 will play out since it appears to be going further in the over-the-top-crazy direction that GTA4 felt lacking compared to prior entries.

Hell, I'm playing Mafia 2 and even its mission design is more interesting than the majority of GTA4 offered.

If I had room for a 46" I'd use one. If that's microsoft's thinking more power to them, I'll be enjoying my games in 3D goodness this holiday season.
    I think Microsoft's thinking is that we're both a minority, especially when there's not even 5 3DTV/Monitor options in below 28".
    (currently gaming on a 13" 720P TV since my 24" monitor died, replacing my 24" with Sony's 3DTV offering since my space also cannot handle larger)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

Hell, I'm playing Mafia 2 and even its mission design is more interesting than the majority of GTA4 offered.

Obligatory.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Why the fuck would I ever buy a 27 inch TV for gaming?

At least 46'' or bust
    Not that it's relevant but bigger TV's usually means lag, only hardcore players would notice it in fighting games though.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Why are you bringing this console wars bullshit into a thread about a multiplatform game?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Never intended to start one, just stating my opinion.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hope this one is actually fun, the intense realism of everything in the game took away from it, can't tell you how many times I lost almost all my life cause of the curb outside of the hospital as well >.>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mafia II was a decent game, but it's missions were bland as fuck. The best part of that game was the soundtrack.

Multiple characters on GTAV has me excited. I really liked the first DLC they did (never got to play the second), so I'll curious as to how they'll do the story since it's so non-linear as is.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wont ever really give a sit about 3d Tv's till they start making em without the need to wear those damn glasses.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Why is 3D even part of this conversation? Like wearing glasses and not being able to move your head or recline on your couch when you play a video game is somehow an upgrade?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No idea why anyone thinks 3D is anything but an obnoxious gimmick.

Anyways, I want more realism. Bring it on. More eating shit while going way too fast on a motorcycle.

Also, I hope it gives birth to even more fucking hilarious physics-edit videos. [insert carmageddon here]

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I want in game carmaggedon shit for console users.

Yeah. That shit was funny. Would be awesome on console version.

Not sure if I care about this game. I've yet to play LA Noire, but GTA4 and RDR both bored me to the point that I didn't finish them. I loved 3/Vice City/San Andreas, though, so I dunno. I might give GTA4 a try again. I quit sometime around the start of the 3rd island.