Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well doesn't appear we getting all of the areas of San Andreas, boo.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Well doesn't appear we getting all of the areas of San Andreas, boo.
    really, any source?

i think thats a bit dumb move honestly. if they can't pull it off properly why not go for something like improved vc instead?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

G4:
    The release confirms that, as many had suspected after seeing the trailer, GTA V will be set in the Los Angeles-inspired city of Los Santos, along with "the surrounding hills, countryside and beaches." It's a " re-imagined, present-day Southern California," in much the same way that GTA IV delivered a re-imagined, present-day New York metropolitan area.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/#ixzz1ceethR5z
    Dtoid:
    Following yesterday's big reveal trailer, Rockstar has kindly decided to officially announce Grand Theft Auto V. The studio confirmed that the game will be set primarily in Los Santos and surrounding areas. It appears we'll only get part of San Andreas, not the entire location as we had on the PlayStation 2.

Online multiplayer is set to return after debuting in Grand Theft Auto IV, while the traditional mission-based structure is retained for solo play. Despite the familiar footing, Take-Two calls GTA V a "bold new direction in open-world freedom."

Rockstar's Sam Houser says that GTA V will be a "radical reinvention" and that the dev team is "incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans."

Pretty exciting stuff, no?
    I mean with that said, I guess they could consider the other two cities "surrounding hills, countryside" but I very seriously doubt it :/

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Los Santos was originally designed to be part of an island trio with San Fierro and Las Venturas... which is made them all very geologically abbreviated. Now that the focus is only on Los Santos, they have to expand the realism of just that one region since it's going to include the surrounding iconic LA areas, including the mountains, hills, and beaches of places like Anaheim, Sherman Oaks, Long Beach, Hollywood, Venice, maybe even stretching up and down the coast a little towards Santa Barbara and Carlsbad, or inland to the Coachella Valley. Everything is going to get stretched out... and the downside is that we don't get to drive up to San Francisco or in to Las Vegas. It's just a Southern California version of GTAIV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I mean, the trailer looks good and everything, but what kind of ETA are we looking at here?
    An analyst for Machinima stated that Rockstar releases their titles 7 months after the first trailer. I guess their last 5 titles, not counting add-ons, has fit this formula.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

thats not really true at all.

rockstar also typically only releases 1 major title a year, and with max payne hitting next year i think this is more of a 2013 title, around march-april as is typical for rockstar

also remember, it takes a lot more to make a game in this generation than on the ps2. making a game the size and calibur of san andreas would likely put the game 3-4 years out. it'd be better to have it more concentrated and better developed in a smaller area than just having a large world.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I mean with that said, I guess they could consider the other two cities "surrounding hills, countryside" but I very seriously doubt it :/
    First two Season Pass DLCs confirmed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Early last month, we reported on the rumors of an October release date for Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto V. Adding to that, Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities believes that it’s true, and has Bioshock Infinite’s delay to thank for it.

“In our view, the delay opens the window for Grand Theft Auto V to be released in October 2012,” said Pachter in an email this morning.

It’s his understanding that Bioshock Infinite was not pushed to 2013 because Irrational Games wanted to do “something even more extraordinary”, but because Rockstar Games had notified their publisher Take-Two Games (who’s also publishing Infinite) that GTA V would be ready by October of this year.

He went on to mention that Rockstar has a noticeable history of releasing GTA games in October, with the exception of GTA IV being delayed to April 2008 due to PS3 version bugs.

Pachter stated that he could receive more details about GTA 5’s release date “as early as May 22” through a scheduled quarterly investor call, if not at E3 later on.

Irrational Games, Rockstar Games, and Take-Two have yet to comment on the situation.

He certainly makes a better case for an October launch than say, a traditional web-rumor, but he could always be wrong — rumors have claimed a March 2013 release as well.

With Bioshock Infinite not being shown at E3, GTA V may just be sliding into its position.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...tober-release/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/09/we...ch-in-october/
    http://wedbush.na.bdvision.ipreo.com...7ErBq%2f9pf%2b

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

actual news this time

With yesterday’s release of Rockstar’s new game, Max Payne 3, some enterprising users have delved deep into the game disc and uncovered quite the Easter Egg: a (possibly complete) list of vehicles that you’ll be able to have fun with in the company’s forthcoming Grand Theft Auto 5. The discovery was first posted on the GTA Forums, and then later partially compiled on NeoGAF.

It’s noted in a post on Eurogamer that GTA data has been found on the discs of other Rockstar games before, such as in Bully and Red Dead Redemption.

So what vehicles have been found? Below is an incomplete list, but you should note that there will be a tank, chairlift, snowplow, and even a fucking monorail’s been found in the code (as seen on the bottom of the first image and the top of the second image below). Yes, a FUCKING MONORAIL. Sorry to drop an F-bomb so early in the morning, but it’s been a while, and I feel like a monorail warrants it. Will you be able to steal it? I hope so. Boy, do I hope so.

The list, with images of the code below it:

Cars/Truck/Rhinos
    Spoiler: show
    apc
    bobsleigh
    benson
    biff
    bobcat
    boxville
    buccaneer
    burrito
    brzbus
    casco
    cadge
    car_brzhatchplc
    car_brzsedanplc
    car_brzhatchjnk
    car_brzsedanjnk
    carga
    cavalcade
    cognoscenti
    cs2000
    chavos
    dukes
    dune
    feroci
    forklift
    futo
    furzen
    fxt
    gant
    hauler
    minivan
    infernus
    patriot
    phantom
    prairie
    police
    rancher
    rhino
    schafter
    seinove
    skimobile
    taxi
    vanpony
    willard
    winky
    trash
    railmu
    flatty
    snowplough

Bikes
    enduro
    jz125
    z75
    faggio2
    spike

Helicopters
    autogiro
    bchopper
    annihilator
    bentham
    maverick
    hind
    napalm
    scamp
    heli_vcpf
    heli_tfe

Plane
    cuban800

Boats
    squalo
    bassboy
    chika
    fisher
    fishboat_a
    fishboat_b
    fishboat_c
    fishboat_d,
    marquis
    reefer
    tropic
    gunboat
    sabs_boat
    small_gb2
    dinghy
    p_mi_botfsh
    whaler
    woody
    woody2
    sporto
    tinny
    tug
    contbo
    smug
    edsboat

Trains
    cablecar
    chairlift
    subway_lo
    subway_hi
    train_carg
    trainf_carg
    trainr_carg
    train_int
    lighty

Source images
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...-vehicle-list/
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474277
    http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=510202&st=0
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...x-payne-3-disc

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

@RockstarInform: "Grand Theft Auto V to be released October 2012" #GTAV http://t.co/LgGszMD8
    Welp, now we know why everyone's pushing their releases to spring 2013. GTAV and ACIII in October.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn, I wonder if that's gonna kill some of CODs thunder and online base

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

LOL

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hope this game comes out this fall because I still have some vacation I have to burn or I lose it and I'd rather it be with to play this game :E.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is it just me or has the 'look' of Grand Theft Auto hit a plateau? The only thing I'm seeing there that looks noticeably better since the last installation is the texture on the wood... and maybe a tiny extension of the clipping plane.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Is it just me or has the 'look' of Grand Theft Auto hit a plateau? The only thing I'm seeing there that looks noticeably better since the last installation is the texture on the wood... and maybe a tiny extension of the clipping plane.
    We're still on the same console generation, what did you expect?

Go play GTA 4 with ICE if you want better graphics.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The real shame is that they build from the console up, rather than from the PC down. So of course the visuals are bound to disappoint. The skybox in the heli shot looks pretty but I'm willing to bet you can't get that draw distance and 30fps at the same time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    We're still on the same console generation, what did you expect?

Go play GTA 4 with ICE if you want better graphics.
    I guess you're not aware that there are endless methods (tricks) of improving visuals without pushing the hardware requirements.

I hope the lack of obvious improvement since IV means they have been focusing their efforts on making the AI and physics more hilariously buggy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I guess you're not aware that there are endless methods (tricks) of improving visuals without pushing the hardware requirements.

I hope the lack of obvious improvement since IV means they have been focusing their efforts on making the AI and physics more hilariously buggy.
    Extra points if it works that way without a mod/cheat and they call it GTAV:WHYUNOPHYSICS Edition ... j/k

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Really hope this comes out this fall, would love to have a nice sandbox game to dump hours upon hours in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast