FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Give me a Jump-jet laserboat Black Knight and I'm in.

Mad Cat or Atlas for me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Wonder how many people from BG we will have from the forums playing this? I'm guessing we should have at least about what? 10 people? How many does it take for a full lance?
    Inner Sphere lance: 4 units.

Clan star: 5 units (five "points").

Mechs/Aerospace/Conventional land forces (tanks, etc.) count as one unit. I forget the organizational shit for infantry (especially Clan Elementals and power armor).

If they incorporate anti-mech infantry and Aerospace elements into this down the road, holy shit. Oh, and usage of fire to overheat things (Inferno SRMs and just generally setting fields on fire, etc.) like in the novels/board game. Would really make it more complete than previous MechWarrior games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Give me a Jump-jet laserboat Black Knight and I'm in.
    Might not work out like in MW3 (could customize the fuck out of things with no regard for Mech/OmniMech status). Would likely be more expensive/risky to rip out the standard weaponry/add custom equipment for a Battlemech.. if they opt to follow the board game/novels.

If they do go that route, when OmniMechs are introduced (Inner Sphere will have afew by the mid-3050s or something), they'd really be very valuable.. being able to swap out weapons and equipment without any real concern about damaging the components of the machine, and having a generally tailor-made load out for the task ahead.

Of course, that'd make Battlemechs shitty. They're also alot more common, cheaper, and after the initial Clan invasion business is done (Tukayyid), they sort of rebound with new tech.

Mad Cat or Atlas for me.
    Dire Wolf (Daishi). Come at me bro.

Dire Wolfs were slow as balls iirc and had a poor torso. Always going against heavier mechs was getting behind them or keeping them spinning so that they could not unload on you. It was funny using a firefly to kill a 100 ton mech. Took for fucking ever with all of a small laser though.... But it had the stopping/acceleration ability to make it so the Daishi couldn't ever target. But if it did. One shot and you were done.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Full LBX 20 autocannon Cauldron Borne. See me in the ring of honor.

God this game gets me all hyped and tingly. So many good old memories.

For me, 8 (C) Medium Pulse Lasers with enough heat sinks to keep the heat from overloading the Mech = dead anything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some terrible pilots then, lol. All you had to do when circle-fighting a lighter/faster class was to go into reverse. Good chance they weren't going to catch on fast enough, and more often than not, shit's over (if you even got into a close-range slugging match to begin with..).

Though this really depends on the game (3 vs. 4, etc.). Alot of the lighter mechs in those games had no torso-twisting, and that was a major disadvantage.. plus all the wonky customizing in 3 kinda made shit ridiculous (4 restricted weapons to locations better, and prevented some of the crazy shit equipment revamps as to do away with some of the silly shit from 3; medium-class mechs with AC20s namely).

Like I said, you had to be on your toes if you were going to pull shit off with a lighter mech. It's defiantly an uphill fight whenever you're going up against something 20-30 tons heavier. The armor and weapons are just brutal. And yeah, those without torso twist is pretty much GG for those. I remember the first time I used the Avalanche in MW2: Ghost... Was kinda ridiculous in that game.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Inner Sphere lance: 4 units.

Clan star: 5 units (five "points").

Mechs/Aerospace/Conventional land forces (tanks, etc.) count as one unit. I forget the organizational shit for infantry (especially Clan Elementals and power armor).
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphe...tary_structure
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_military_structure

But the quick answer is Clans consider 5 Elementals = 1 Mech, and Inner Sphere considers 3 Battle Armor = 1 Mech, for organizational purposes.

Anyways, just from hype alone right now, looks like we have enough for a full Company or Binary/Trinary.

Also
    Just give me an Adder H, all I need.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Looks like I have to buy a joystick for the first time in a REALLY long time. I perfer missiles and pelting things from long range. And by the looks (and hype) of it, I would be so for being a long range artillery outfit. Mad Dog (vulture) for me plz.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Must...have....now. Pilot reporting! Extremely tempted to go sift for my MW2 Merc cds. Ugh I can never find them

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, if you don't want to look, it may not be MW2 Merc, but you can legally get MW4 Merc free here
    http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home...ownloads-r1204

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Give me Juggernauts and Marauders in this game and I'm happy. Especially marauders.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hope they come out with some form of controller for this game. Would be nice to have the joystick/throttle/foot pedals.

Has anyone ever played the simulation in the arcade? I've only seen it once, I think it was in Miami. Looks kind of like:

http://cdn.ubergizmo.com/photos/2007...-simulator.jpg

Except the pod completely closes. It actually had different levels of difficulty for piloting. The most advanced had you use every switch and you could group your weapons and you pretty much had to control your own heat sinks and tell them when to flush coolant throughout the mech. Was really fun.
    That was and i think still is in dave & buster's in dolphin mall in miami. It's pretty damn incredible because it pretty much is a full simulation. I always went for mad cat/timberwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    That was and i think still is in dave & buster's in dolphin mall in miami. It's pretty damn incredible because it pretty much is a full simulation. I always went for mad cat/timberwolf
    Yeah, dude, that shit was so awesome. I didn't do the full sim because you had to do E V E R Y T H I N G. I mean from turning it on the redistributing power individual controls for each arm foot pedals that did random things. Would be awesome if I had time to mess around with it but not in the time they allowed to use it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Was looking at devposts on the MWO forum, saw this, figured it'd make some people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Ekman
    The videos shown in the dev blog are called animatics. They are pre-visualization videos and are essentially video concept art. They help guide the final production. The game is NOT cell shaded!
    Assuming it also applies to the pictures of the Atlas/Hunchback/Jenner, cause those look cell shaded.

Edit: Also, This just went up
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/15-...-be-freetoplay

Spoiler: show
    Since the announcement came out, one of the hottest topics has been about Free-To-Play (F2P). This Into the Lab will discuss the details of why MechWarrior® Online™ is F2P and how we came to love the concept () and why you should too. So let’s get started.
    How many times have you bought a game for 60 bucks and felt disappointed? Or if you’re like me, paid 60 bucks, played for 2 hours and never touched the game again because you get busy with life or work? Or loved a game so much, that you wished there was more, only to wait 2 years for a sequel! The Free-To-Play model solves this problem by allowing players to drive value and content.
    How does this translate into MechWarrior™ Online™? Great question! Let’s talk about the design principle we’re using to drive MWO, simply referred to as: “All Carrot, No Stick”.
    The core experience is available to anyone for no cost at all. You as the player, get to choose how and if you spend money. And make no mistake, I want you to spend money, but only on the things YOU value. In fact, when you spend your money, it tells me that we’ve succeeded in creating a game players enjoy. Sounds like a basket full of carrots to me.
    Key to achieving this concept is a design that rewards players for participation, skill, tactical thinking, team play, and heroics in a way that is engaging to the individual and contributes to the overall community experience. These rewards take many forms, including in-game currency called C-Bills, experience points, and prestige. Players can also purchase items which make this experience more fun, engaging, or efficient depending on what matters to them.
    For example, if you are an offense player like me, you will be rewarded with money, experience, and prestige by dealing damage, and killing or helping to kill the enemy. I’m also a collector; I love to own one of everything. So MWO provides me with the ability to acquire and store items of value (collector), while rewarding me for doing what I love most, crushing other MechWarriors in the field of battle (offense player)!
    We are catering to all major player archetypes, the lone wolf, the team player, the collector, the efficiency/tuner, the tinkerer/builder, the leader and many more. These archetypes are all represented within the context of MechWarrior® Online™ a free-to-play BattleMech action/sim.
    Now let’s talk about Pay-To-Win, the red-headed step child (no offense to all the red heads, we really do love you).
    There are those who will rumble about Pay-2-Win, which equates to the person with the biggest wallet winning. I’m not going to lie, some things can and will allow you to acquire items faster, or even instantly with real cash.
    Foul! Foul! You said you can’t buy a tactical advantage! That’s a stick! That guy with the wallet is going to be able to buy the biggest, bad assed items in the game! He’s going to kick my butt with his wallet.
    Well here’s some food for thought, maybe the biggest isn’t always the best! To take a quote from an early MechWarrior® presentation – This is not your father’s MechWarrior®! One of our core pillars is Role Warfare and is designed to, well – level the playing field – another concept from our original design. We're doing away with the arms race and making BattleMechs of all shapes and sizes have a purpose and role on the battlefield. If you love scouting, grab that light mech, train and gear it up. Be that sneaky guy who relays critical information back to the rest of your lance. Maybe you’re a commander type, who loves to multitask, directing fire support, air strikes, and multiple lances in a mech suitable to that role. If you play any of these roles well, and with skill, you will be rewarded.
    So remember this, time and experience (the real kind), will always equal greater skill. Greater skill will always equal more rewards. You can’t buy skill, you earn it.
    Now if that wasn’t enough here are some of my other favourite reasons why you want MechWarrior® Online™ to be F2P!
    We can iterate quickly.
    • This means we can listen to your feedback and actually do something about it.

We have live game metrics.
    • This means we can respond to key indicators and refine the game play experience.

We are not bound by content delivery limitations of a console platform.
    • For now, getting new content delivered through a console is a costly and arduous process.

We can use test servers and a beta community to test our ideas and new content before pushing it to live servers.
    • This isn’t new concept. However, it’s vital to keeping the quality bar high for MWO.

In summary:
    • All Carrot, No Stick.
    • Balanced roles to suit a variety of player styles.
    • Skill is earned.
    • You can make your own choices!
    • Spend money on things YOU value.
    • MechWarrior™ rules! (Fan Boy moment)

SOMEONE FINALLY FUCKING ADMITS IT:

We are not bound by content delivery limitations of a console platform.

For now, getting new content delivered through a console is a costly and arduous process.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

SOMEONE FINALLY FUCKING ADMITS IT:
    I can't tell you how many sighs of relief there were when Ekman and Bullock announced that the game would be PC-only. These guys are classic fan-developers. I can't wait to see how the game turns out.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Warhammer IIC bring that shit. Or a Wolfhound. Either one and I'm happy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i'm in, and i think i'll be bringing my whole shop from work with me.