+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Orion IIC

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Daishi - Prometheus variant when Clans invade, Centurion - Yen Lo Wang variant when it's IS only. I love me some lore mechs.

Stock?

HSN-7D Hellspawn and CPLT-C5A Catapult.

God, I love the C5A. 2 LRM15s with Artemis-IV, 4 ER Medium Lasers, Endo Steel chassis, Double heat sinks, and 12.5 tons of armor. Golden.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11...ot-pay-to-win/

Piranha: MechWarrior's F2P model not pay-to-win
    Concerned about the free-to-play nature of the newly announced MechWarrior Online title? You shouldn't be, according to the latest Piranha Games dev blog. The big wall o' text comes courtesy of one Bryan Ekman, who says that the new battle mech game will definitely not be pay-to-win.

"One of our core pillars is role warfare and [it] is designed to, well –- level the playing field –- another concept from our original design. We're doing away with the arms race and making battle mechs of all shapes and sizes have a purpose and role on the battlefield," Ekman says.

Why should players spend any money, then? That's not as clear, though the blog does touch on the usual F2P bullet points of convenience and acquisition speed. Get out your PR decoder rings and head to the official MechWarrior Online website for more info.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

shit, IC & I missed the post by Cantih

Spoiler: show
    Since the announcement came out, one of the hottest topics has been about Free-To-Play (F2P). This Into the Lab will discuss the details of why MechWarrior® Online™ is F2P and how we came to love the concept () and why you should too. So let’s get started.

How many times have you bought a game for 60 bucks and felt disappointed? Or if you’re like me, paid 60 bucks, played for 2 hours and never touched the game again because you get busy with life or work? Or loved a game so much, that you wished there was more, only to wait 2 years for a sequel! The Free-To-Play model solves this problem by allowing players to drive value and content.

How does this translate into MechWarrior™ Online™? Great question! Let’s talk about the design principle we’re using to drive MWO, simply referred to as: “All Carrot, No Stick”.

The core experience is available to anyone for no cost at all. You as the player, get to choose how and if you spend money. And make no mistake, I want you to spend money, but only on the things YOU value. In fact, when you spend your money, it tells me that we’ve succeeded in creating a game players enjoy. Sounds like a basket full of carrots to me.

Key to achieving this concept is a design that rewards players for participation, skill, tactical thinking, team play, and heroics in a way that is engaging to the individual and contributes to the overall community experience. These rewards take many forms, including in-game currency called C-Bills, experience points, and prestige. Players can also purchase items which make this experience more fun, engaging, or efficient depending on what matters to them.

For example, if you are an offense player like me, you will be rewarded with money, experience, and prestige by dealing damage, and killing or helping to kill the enemy. I’m also a collector; I love to own one of everything. So MWO provides me with the ability to acquire and store items of value (collector), while rewarding me for doing what I love most, crushing other MechWarriors in the field of battle (offense player)!

We are catering to all major player archetypes, the lone wolf, the team player, the collector, the efficiency/tuner, the tinkerer/builder, the leader and many more. These archetypes are all represented within the context of MechWarrior® Online™ a free-to-play BattleMech action/sim.

Now let’s talk about Pay-To-Win, the red-headed step child (no offense to all the red heads, we really do love you).

There are those who will rumble about Pay-2-Win, which equates to the person with the biggest wallet winning. I’m not going to lie, some things can and will allow you to acquire items faster, or even instantly with real cash.

Foul! Foul! You said you can’t buy a tactical advantage! That’s a stick! That guy with the wallet is going to be able to buy the biggest, bad assed items in the game! He’s going to kick my butt with his wallet.

Well here’s some food for thought, maybe the biggest isn’t always the best! To take a quote from an early MechWarrior® presentation – This is not your father’s MechWarrior®! One of our core pillars is Role Warfare and is designed to, well – level the playing field – another concept from our original design. We're doing away with the arms race and making BattleMechs of all shapes and sizes have a purpose and role on the battlefield. If you love scouting, grab that light mech, train and gear it up. Be that sneaky guy who relays critical information back to the rest of your lance. Maybe you’re a commander type, who loves to multitask, directing fire support, air strikes, and multiple lances in a mech suitable to that role. If you play any of these roles well, and with skill, you will be rewarded.

So remember this, time and experience (the real kind), will always equal greater skill. Greater skill will always equal more rewards. You can’t buy skill, you earn it.

Now if that wasn’t enough here are some of my other favourite reasons why you want MechWarrior® Online™ to be F2P!
    We can iterate quickly.

This means we can listen to your feedback and actually do something about it.

We have live game metrics.

This means we can respond to key indicators and refine the game play experience.

We are not bound by content delivery limitations of a console platform.

For now, getting new content delivered through a console is a costly and arduous process.

We can use test servers and a beta community to test our ideas and new content before pushing it to live servers.

This isn’t new concept. However, it’s vital to keeping the quality bar high for MWO.

In summary:

All Carrot, No Stick.
    Balanced roles to suit a variety of player styles.
    Skill is earned.
    You can make your own choices!
    Spend money on things YOU value.
    MechWarrior™ rules! (Fan Boy moment)
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/15-...-be-freetoplay

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    shit, IC & I missed the post by Cantih
    It happens, I'll try to make when I do it more noticeable, but still going to spoiler long articles.

New news, schedule for the month
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/16-...r-reboot-month

tl:dr
    On Wednesdays
    This week - Dev Blog
    Next week - Dev Interview
    Week after - Community Update Q&A
    Final week - Surprise announcement

November is Reboot Month

http://img.mwomercs.com/header_bar_610.png by Piranha Games Nov 7, 2011 3:55 PM PST It’s all about the Reboot

First off, what a week! The response to the MechWarrior® Online™ announcement has been overwhelming! Thanks to everyone who has registered their pilot name and visit our forums! Over 22,000 posts in 7 days! If you haven’t already done so, make sure to register now!
    Now it’s time to roll out some plans we’ve been brewing here at Piranha. There are so many exciting features to discuss, that we’ve come up with a schedule designed to reveal everything there is to know about MechWarrior® Online™. We are delivering content using a series of blogs, interviews, and Q&A sessions as follows:
    First Wednesday - Developer Blog

We kick off the month with a major reveal about the game and its features. Blogs will take form of written articles or video diaries.
    Second Wednesday - Developer Interview

Step behind the curtain and get to know the team behind MechWarrior® Online™.
    Third Wednesday - Community Update

Community Update is a forum for players to ask questions and get answers directly from the developers.
    Fourth Wednesday - A Big Surprise.

At the end of each month, we plan to reveal something really cool!
    During the month of November, Piranha will be discussing Rebooting the franchise and what that means for MechWarrior® Online™. Here’s a preview from November’s Developer Interview with concept artist, Alex Iglesias.

Are there any Mechs that you are scared of rebooting?

Probably the Timber Wolf, I know that if I mess that one up, I will never hear the end of it, and will probably have to try to outrun a few pitchfork wielding mobs.
    Are there any Mechs you can't wait to redesign? Why?

I really want to redesign the mechs with bizarre legs that seem to defy physics in some sense, like the Stalker or Black Python, in order to fix the problem. Aside from that, basically any historically awkward or generic looking mech that has usually been overlooked in favour of the cool looking ones, I’d love to polish them up, and bring out the cool factor for them.
    The full interview will be posted right here at http://www.mwomercs.com on Wednesday at 10AM PST.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

that actually makes me a little bit more excited to play this. so many awesome possibilities with a reboot, and would be great for someone like me who hasn't messed about with battletech or mechwarrior in almost ten years, or read any of the novels for longer than that!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, it's not a story reboot. They're still using the canon storyline, just going in 3050 instead of the current 3085/3139 or in between.
    Hopefully, if MWO does really well, they can manage to put out the 3015 single-player game they were originally planning on.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I just can't wait to enter the Arena battles. MW4: Mercs did such a great job with the Arena season that I'm drooling at the chance of doing it again. I loved the AI battles and the fact that you could join up in temporary alliances. So much fun.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ok, I guess the dev blog was last week, so today is the interview

New News - Artist interview
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/17-...-alex-iglesias

Developer Interview 1 - Alex Iglesias

http://img.mwomercs.com/header_bar_610.png by Piranha Games Nov 9, 2011 10:00 AM PST Developer Interview 1: Alex Iglesias

MechWarrior® Online™: Can you give us brief bio?
    Alex Iglesias: I’m presently living in Miami, FL. Am 27 years old, and graduated with a BFA in illustration from Ringling School of Art and Design, plus took a few courses at Gnomon school of visual arts. Previously worked at Day 1 Studios, Ignition Entertainment, and have done a bit of freelance. Links: flyingdebris.deviantart.com is where my art is at. [email protected] is my email http://twitter.com/Flyingdebrisguy is my twitter
    MWO: Your deviant art profile says all Mechs all the time... so how long have you been drawing Mechs?
    AI: If my memory serves me correctly, it started all the way back somewhere between 1994 and 1996, so about 15-17 years.
    MWO: What do you have against furries? http://flyingdebris.deviantart.com/g...craps#/d488kxr
    AI: Haha, Well, for the record I don’t hate all of them. I’ve actually been friends with a few over the years. It’s mostly just the subculture as a whole that makes my brain hurt. If anything, it’s for the all the horrible eye scarring artwork it tends to fill the internet with, and how defensive it gets whenever called on it.
    MWO: What is your first MechWarrior® experience? Video games or BattleTech®?
    AI: Oddly enough, I believe my first experience was with the Somerset Strikers cartoon which sparked my curiosity, followed by the sega genesis game, then MechWarrior® 2 Mercs.
    MWO: Did you start drawing Mechs after that or did you always draw giant robots?
    AI: The Mech stuff started probably after the sega game, or MW2mercs, but became a serious habit once I started getting into the novels at around 12 or 13. However, I’ve always liked drawing exploding combat stuff as best as I can recall, the earliest art I remember making were crazy looking crayon doodles of stick figure airplanes and tanks blowing each other up when I was 4.
    MWO: How did you get involved with Catalyst Game Labs™?
    AI: By pure luck. Around late 2007, Mike Vaillancourt contacted me because he wanted a few illustrations for one of the Cthulhutech books. Afterwards, throughout most of 2008 he kept asking if I was going to go to Gencon that August and hang out at the booth. I was consistently unsure, and pretty much at the last minute decided, “Why not? sure.” What I had not realized was that 2 weeks prior, his company had partnered with Catalyst Game Labs™, and that we were going to be at their booth. Additionally, I also did not know at the time that Catalyst was comprised almost entirely of ex FASA writers and staff. Imagining that I might be at the booth for hours I brought my crappy laptop and a wacom tablet with me to kill time. When I actually got to the booth, Mike began introducing me to people, when I started recognizing names from the credits or covers of BT books from years prior. After my barely controlled mental regression to being suddenly 15 again, I guess I sensed it was a good time to start drawing Mech stuff right then and there. It apparently impressed their art director, Brent Evans, and a few months later I’m getting assignments to do book covers.
    MWO: What was your reaction after seeing the first reboot trailer that Piranha Games did back in 2009?
    AI: At the time, I was working up in Chicago. The day the trailer hit the net, I seem to recall cheering, there were probably yells of “YES, FINALLY,” “YEAH! MECHS ARE BACK!” as well as jealous grumbles of “damn, why am I not working on that?!”
    MWO: How did Piranha Games contact you? Were you surprised?
    AI: I found an email in my inbox back in July from Bryan Ekman, asking me if I was interested in working on the project. Not sure if “surprised” covers it properly. The reaction was closer to, well…imagine being a little kid and Santa Claus shows up and says he wants your help to save Christmas, it felt something like that.
    MWO: How do you feel about redesigning these iconic Mechs?
    AI: It’s a lot of fun and sometimes very challenging. With certain Mechs it’s a small matter of adjusting some proportions, or making certain fixes so that the art matches the specs/gameplay, with others, it’s nearly a complete overhaul of the design. In both cases though, I always try to emphasize the aspects of the original design that make it interesting and immediately recognizable, add certain minor doodads here and there, and downplay or replace the elements that either I’m not too fond of or don’t work well for the game. Through all of this, I also try to respect the years worth of art for those designs that came before mine.
    MWO: What do you think about the fan reaction?
    AI: Pleasantly surprised, people seem to be talking MechWarrior® again, sharing their past experiences, rebuilding old clans of players, and to my understanding, it seems even the 50 year old guys are coming out of the woodwork to organize their favourite factions again. I’m especially pleased to see the old mpbt3025 beta players popping up.
    MWO: How would you describe the style you have applied to the Mechs to reboot them?
    AI: For the most part, it’s trying to give the impractical the semblance of practicality with a little bit of real world military stylistic elements mixed in.
    MWO: Are there any Mechs that you are scared of rebooting?
    AI: Probably the Timberwolf, I know that if I mess that one up, I will never hear the end of it, and will probably have to try to outrun a few pitchfork wielding mobs.
    MWO: Are there any Mechs you can't wait to redesign? Why?
    AI: I really want to redesign the Mechs with bizarre legs that seem to defy physics in some sense, like the Stalker or Black Python, in order to fix the problem. Aside from that, basically any historically awkward or generic looking Mech that has usually been overlooked in favour of the cool looking ones, I’d love to polish them up, and bring out the cool factor for them.
    MWO: You have allot of fans in the community and It didn't take them long to identify your style on the ISN twitter feed have you received allot of questions about the product?
    AI: I did have a few emails and messages from people asking about my involvement, and a few people on the websites I frequent trying to call me out to get me talking, had to pretty much lay low with my mouth shut for all of October.
    MWO: Was that ISN puzzle thing fun to watch?
    AI: It was fun, especially since I really had no idea which pieces were going to be released or when. But yeah, I still have no clue how some people were seeing an Archer in the Atlas fragments.
    MWO: Being a fan of MechWarrior® and a creator of MechWarrior® how do you retain your inner fan boy when this is your job?
    AI: Mostly it’s just a matter of channelling that fan boy energy directly into my job. Sure, I am drawing for MechWarrior® because It pays my bills (damn art school loans), but also because it’s something that I love, and really want to eventually play. So that inner fan boy isn’t in danger of going away any time soon, it’s too busy being the creative power supply in my head.

The cool thing is, this guy has been doing BT art for the tabletop game for the past few years, so Piranha contracting with him is a "really good sign".
    Also, if it's the same guy I think it is, he pops up on /tg/ on 4chan at times and drops stuff like this, and the atlas/furries thing

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Bumping for, not news, but the thread to ask questions for the community Q&A article next week, went live this morning.
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/134...the-questions/

Topic is "Rebooting MechWarrior" and it's recommended to read the FAQ and Dev Blog 0 before asking anything.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

New News - Q&A 1 out
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/27-developer-qa-1

Too big to quote the whole thing, I'll just pick a few.

Will you have PvE elements on MechWarrior Online? [PAUL] I may or may not pass out depending on Bryan’s answer to this.

[BRYAN] Not at launch. We're looking at ways to incorporate PVE post launch and withing the framwork of the MWO concept.

What difficulties have you had transferring the mechanics from the tabletop game to a PC game, and what mechanics have you had to change or modify? Since this is a reboot, will history change in-game or do you mean reboot in the same way as a movie franchise is rebooted?

[MATT N] Hey you said REBOOT! You win a prize! Someone knows how to get their questions answered! Good job!

[PAUL] Challenging question and I’ll try my best to answer. There’s been a common misconception amongst the community that I’d like to clear up. While MechWarrior® Online™ does refer to BattleTech® for historical and canon reference, it does not mean that it’s a direct port of the table top rules to a videogame. The table top rules are laid out to make sense for a turn based strategy game. Some of those rules just don’t apply when dealing with a real time game environment. Core rules such as munitions accuracy, heat management and movement speed will have to be tuned for real time gameplay and will differ in varying degrees from the table top rules. How far they differ will come out of gameplay testing and tuning and at this point I cannot comment further on how that progress is going. It is an exciting time in the studio right now and I don’t want to release information too soon and have it change on you, the community, later. I am quite vulnerable to pitchforks and torches.

[DAVID] While there hasn’t been anything that I would call a great difficulty, the thing that we always have to keep in mind is that we want to capture all of the flavour of the tabletop game but need to be aware of when a direct translation of a tabletop system won’t work for a real time computer game. Though I would say that the biggest impasse we’ve come across is melee combat; that’s a system we don’t want to tackle until we know we can do it right.

From the DevBlog on the reboot, what do you mean by: “Solve some of the long standing gameplay issues from previous MechWarrior® games?”

[PAUL] For me it’s the open expanses of flat terrain that evolved into circle strafing madness. While it will still be part of the game, our new environments will allow us to curtail that type of gameplay while opening up new avenues of exploration and Information Warfare bringing every class of ‘Mech to the front lines of combat. Yes you will be able to form a team of all assault class ‘Mechs, but you’re going to end up as fodder to a co-ordinated team of mixed class ‘Mechs and an orchestrating commander.

What do you consider the fundamental core of the BattleTech® Universe that you feel can't be touched during a reboot? What do you feel needs to be changed the most?

[PAUL] I don’t think we want to change anything behind the lore of the BattleTech® Universe. The story lines and rich history of the Great Houses and families that drive them along with the politics and controversy are just something we think is at the heart of every MechWarrior® fan. You can even see this right now in the MechWarrior® Online™ forums where the various House discussions show how the community can identify themselves with one of the factions involved in the universe. Another thing we wouldn’t want to change is the elite status of the MechWarrior® themselves. To say a MechWarrior® is just a pilot/driver of a ‘Mech is like saying that a ‘Mech engineer is just a tinkerer. As for what would need to be changed the most, I think some of the technology and industrial designs need to be updated to meet today’s understanding of future technologies.

Beyond being online and persistent; how will MWO bring the MW concept forward, or will it be more of the same simply updated? Second will the game be more sim-like than previous titles that show barren cockpits and play like driving tanks in FPS games?

[PAUL] We used to throw around a tag line here at Piranha. “This is not your father’s MechWarrior®”. There are so many aspects of gameplay that are being added to MechWarrior® Online™ that the game will feel different in a very good way. Our ability to feedback information to a player has evolved drastically since the last MechWarrior® title. This includes updated HUD displays, cockpit displays and if you have the toys, force feedback and more! Our cockpit is not barren. We are implementing new technologies to allow you to look at various instrument panels and get tactical information by doing so. Combat between ‘Mechs shouldn’t be just spotting an enemy and shooting. Logistics and battlefield awareness should play a role as well considering you’re piloting a massive powerhouse into combat.

EDIT:

Also, announced today
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/11/28-...warrior-online

MWO will use CryEngine3

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

An update worth bumping
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/12/44-...munity-warfare

Dev Blog 1 - Community Warfare

http://img.mwomercs.com/header_bar_610.png by Piranha Games Dec 7, 2011 4:00 PM PST Dev Blog 1 - Community Warfare

It’s been a month since the launch of MechWarrior® Online™’s website and we’ve generated a lot of buzz and content. As promised last week, we’ve prepared a developer blog about Community Warfare.
    Since Community Warfare is a large topic, we decided to focus this blog on one specific topic, the Inner Sphere and Faction Warfare.
    Contributors for this blog include Paul Inouye and Bryan Ekman.
    Inner Sphere

It all starts with the concept of the Inner Sphere and a living timeline. Each day that passes here on Earth, also passes in the virtual MechWarrior® Online™ Inner Sphere.

Wednesday December 7th, 2011 is Wednesday December 7th, 3048.

This means every time you log into MechWarrior® Online™something new has happened. News Updates via the ISN feed, news reporter features, and battle feeds, keep players up-to-date on current events. Feeds can be viewed through a dynamic universe map or RSS style feed, in game or online at the MechWarrior® Online™website (coming soon).

For those unfamiliar with what the Inner Sphere looks like, here’s a map:
    http://img.mwomercs.com/media/thumbs...ere%203048.png
    Faction Warfare

The Inner Sphere is broken up into several factions, each with their own regions and sub-regions. Each faction is warring with at least one other faction at all times in a universal territory battle. Players can be active or passive participants in this battle by following one of three paths:

• Pledging Allegiance to a Faction
    • Joining a Mercenary Corporation
    • Remaining Neutral

At its core, the territory battle is a fight for resources – planets. Planets are divided into three types. Each type requires a more active level of participation by the player and as a result earns a greater reward.

• Core Worlds – Are managed by the dev team. These are worlds that necessary for future planning and part of major historical events.
    • Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.
    • Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.

It’s important to state now, that worlds can change from Border to Faction to Core, or any combination thereof, at any time by the development team. This will be necessary to facilitate dramatic changes in faction territory control as we progress through some tumultuous times within the BattleTech® universe.

Faction Worlds

The battle for control over faction planets is a simple war of attrition. The faction with the most influence over a particular planet occupies it. By virtue of simply competing in online matches, faction players contribute influence points to target planets.
    Border Worlds

Mercenary Corporations can bid and fight for occupation rights of border worlds throughout the Inner Sphere. Merc Corps must bid on a planet’s occupation rights via a system of contracts generated by the game.
    A match or series of matches are set up between the defending Merc Corp and the challenger. The victor is determined from the results of each match, and takes control of the planet. They are rewarded with an immediate contract payout, and will continue to earn rewards while they occupy the planet.

Loyalty Points and Ranks

Loyalty Points are used to determine how devoted you have been to a particular faction. The more loyal you are, the greater the reward. LPs are earned by engaging in activities that further the goals of a particular faction.

For Example: Killing an enemy faction player would earn 1 LP.

Loyalty Points decay over time if a player is not active. Participating in negative actions can also decrease LPs.

Faction Players

As a Faction Player, loyalty points are earned by playing and winning matches. As the player accumulates loyalty points, they will gain a military faction rank at pre-determined loyalty point totals. If a player loses LPs by decay or negative actions, they will be demoted.
    Gaining ranks earns special privileges and items, including membership to special units, unit skins, and bonuses to C-Bills and XP. These are all non-permanent and subject to the player maintaining a certain rank level. At the highest possible levels, players can begin to influence their faction by controlling which planets are targeted in territory conquest.

Mercenary Corp Players

As a Mercenary Corporation, all members’ earned loyalty points go to the Merc Corp. The Merc Corp must have a minimum amount of loyalty points with a faction before they are able to engage in planetary combat on behalf of that faction. Loyalty points also determine the type and level of contract a Merc Corp is permitted to bid on. These loyalty point restrictions mean that a Merc Corp’s membership, must remain active in order to maintain the required level of LPs.
    Ranks are created within a Merc Corp by the Merc Corp leader. The naming of the ranks is entirely up to the Merc Corp leader who can assign Merc Corp level permissions to each rank.

Lone Wolf Players

As a lone wolf, the player can earn loyalty points through participation in random matches, however these LPs have no positive or negative implications. A lone wolf player does not have any ranks.

Disclaimer

We’re committed to releasing information about BETA ready concepts only, however some ideas and concepts are still subject to change after testing.

The Community Q&A 2 is now open for questions! Ask away.
    Note the last bit, Q&A is open again, go ask stuff if you need to.

WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

SOON™

That map is fkn huge. And there is a 30 light year limit on jumps? D;

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's the reason why feudalism prevails in the Battletech setting, you can only manage so much space at once.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Gimmie! Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Eh, two months is long enough. Updates!

More Teased Mechs
    Catapult - http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/12/70-...ech-5-catapult
    http://img.mwomercs.com/media/thumbs...%20Concept.jpg

Centurion - http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/01/97-...ch-6-centurion
    http://img.mwomercs.com/media/thumbs...%20Concept.jpg

Dev Blogs
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/01/75-...mation-warfare
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/02/107...3-role-warfare
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/02/112...e-warfare-cont

3 & 4 detail you the player's progression system.

MWO Q&A
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/12/68-developer-qa-2
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/01/95-...mation-warfare

Interview
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/12/47-...-randall-bills
    This guy is the one overseeing Catalyst Game Labs (the successors of FASA > Fan Pro > CGL) output. There is another guy directly below him, overseeing just BattleTech.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/01/87-...ey-bryan-ekman
    These are the online game making guys.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/02/115...tzi-kevin-meek
    More online game making guys, closer to the trenches this time.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I have never played anything like this when it pertains to an MMO.

Gotta say, I want to try it out.