FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Just give me a Thor with JJs and lots of missile hardpoints and I'm good to go. Speed, maneuverability, and enough power to get myself out of a jam. I also if we'll be able to cross-refrence both IS and Clan tech/mechs, or if they're going to have it "pure" until people start recovering salvaged mechs/weapons.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm kind of curious how they'll manage the whole thing.
    With fiction and the tabletop you could really get the players to hold to clan honor. But with anyone walking in to the F2P, I worry on how they'll balance star vs. lance and the tech advantage. Salvage could help with part of it, but still is the matter of getting randoms to hold to zellbrigen.
    The best I can come up with is some kind of bonus for holding to Clan rules of engagement, but even I think that's meh in terms of good gameplay/design.

Now, if you watch the light and assault videos, they've got the right feeling of speed down. The Jenner is going pretty fast (not sanics, but still), but how are they going to manage the Fire Moth, because that goes WAY faster.

You're covered with the Summoner, the B configuration is 2x LRM 20 & 2x SRM 4.
    As I said before, I'll be happy to get my Adder.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll say this, though: this game looks exactly as I'd dreamt it would back in the days of playing Mechwarrior 4: Mercs. So far, everything looks and seems to feel exactly like I wished for back then. I'm very impressed that they went right back to the good ol' days and seem to be knocking it out of the park.

The days of rolling around with a timberwolf/madcat are almost here! Hopefully they'll have a Cauldron-Born as well; that little bastard is a ferocious in-fighter with X2 LBX autocannon 20's.

Want game now

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Gonna be fast as fuck and just as pesky. Reminds me of my days running around with a speedy Cougar light mech.... except with 2 PPCs slapped on either arm. Bigger guys didn't know why they kept falling over until they heard that crispy-fried sound of goodness.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Devs just did a Q&A on twitter.

Highlights
    legs cannot be blown off. However you can do critical damage. The leg becomes useless and the mech limps
    (What happens to the damage overflow if you shoot someone in a destroyed (but still attached) leg?)
    currently we are not allowing damage overflow as a form of balance
    (How will the game deal with headhunting (Aiming at the head for an easy kill)?)
    in short we are and will deal with it just like the problem of legging. We won't stick our head in the sand and ignore

we do support multiple monitors and joysticks. We have not officially announced how many or which ones
    as to VOIP - we know our players will use it and they have their favorite, but we are exploring an official option atm

at launch match making will be very simple to maximize play time. As we evolve the game, matchmaking will be tuned
    matchmaking will be limit at launch to basic pairings and evolve to class, tonnage, and a form of BV

you can group together similar to a console party and then launch into a match as a group

players will get 1 free mech to start. They can chose from 4 1 in each class - light, med, heavy, assault

as to all the questions about Beta! Ready? Stay tuned for that info soon ( as in next week )

as to min specs-we don't have all the info yet but we will quickly discover that info in the next couple of weeks
    more on min specs- we know you need the info we will try and get that out there within the next couple of weeks.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mechwarrior tactics news

http://www.mwtactics.com/forums/inde...rrior-tactics/

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

POPULAR
    Greetings MechWarriors!,

We are pleased to announce that MechWarrior® Tactics™ will be entering ‘Friends and Family’ on May 22nd!

To those committed fans who have been patiently waiting for news, we will be sending a CLOSED BETA KEY to those members registered on the existing temporary forums. With the release of the upcoming CLOSED BETA 1 we will be updating the MechWarrior® Tactics™ website.

Please stand by for more information.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...nders-program/

MechWarrior Online announces closed beta and founder's program
    Turn over the engine and light up the jet thrusters because MechWarrior Online is stomping into closed beta this week. Anyone who registers on the official site has a chance to check out the hot 'mech action before the rest of the crowd. While the beta is currently limited to North America, there is no IP blocking, so anyone can jump in as long as he or she doesn't mind a little lag.

Perhaps of more interest is Piranha Games' announcement of its founder's program, code-named Operation Inception. Yes, we guess the devs saw the movie too. While MWO will be free-to-play with optional microtransactions, Operation Inception lets players invest their money up-front to get special goodies and an early start to the game.

Players can buy into the founder's program starting June 19th. It will come in two tiers: a $30 veteran package and a $60 elite package. The veteran package includes $40 of in-game currency, a month of premium account status, a founder's tag, and early access. The elite package includes $80 of in-game currency, two months of premium status, the founder's tag, early access, and an exclusive BattleMech.

Early access for MechWarrior Online begins July 17th.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

My system info is submited, maybe it's weird enough that they'll want ppfffftttttttt, haha, like hell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'll take a lance of these please.

But in all honestly, I totally didn't hear about this game, so its time for me to start catching up on info.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why you no give me Warhammer IIC or Templar?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    I'll take a lance of these please.
    They did something even better.
    It's like the mech equivalent of a Liefeld drawing. Even the name.
    I give you, THE BLOOD KITE.
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/f/f9/Bloodkite.jpg

EDIT: And while I'm here

11th teased mech

http://static.mwomercs.com/img/galle...3566524D2B.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    They did something even better.
    It's like the mech equivalent of a Liefeld drawing. Even the name.
    I give you, THE BLOOD KITE.
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/f/f9/Bloodkite.jpg
    Are you saying the Blood Kite is known to be in the online game? Or were you comparing it to the Naginata?

If the latter, then I'll still take the Naginata lance formation. I just looked up the Blood Kite and its standard armament seems to be 3x LRM-15, 3x SRM-4, 3xER Large Lasers. The Naginata on the other hand has a 1x ER-PPC and the same 3x LRM-15 but tosses in the Artemis IV Fire Control and a C3 Master Computer. That's a sweet accuracy boost for a mech thats basically a giant 95 ton box of missiles.

The only other missile boat to ever get my attention is the Viking which has no C3, but goes for the straight up highest missile rack capacity I've ever found with 2xLRM-20 and 2xLRM-15 all linked to Artemis IV.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Are you saying the Blood Kite is known to be in the online game? Or were you comparing it to the Naginata?
    Comparing, on looks alone. I wasn't being serious.

It's not on the list, no clan mechs are. Neither is, for that matter.
    It'll probably be in the game sooner rather than later though, it's a pre-invasion second line mech, otoh, it's a Blood Spirit design, so yeah, doesn't get out much.
    It depends on how strictly they follow the timeline, but if they hold a tight 1-1 like they said, you won't see Naginatas until... 2018

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fucking nerds lol.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But seriously. Where's my Warhammer IIC or Templar mother fuckers

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Battletech is one of the "nerdiest" things out there, but yes, when the neckbeards stop comparing their pencil-and-paper dicks and the missles and autocannon starts flying, the shit is top tier.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I haven't had a Battletech or Mechwarror discussion in ages, but they always end up turning into nerd rage loadout arguments. But thats the beauty of it all, its why we love it ... and in the end, its game like this that hopefully let us solve those debates with computer animated violence.

P.S. That Blood Kite picture does look bad ass though. I loves me some missile boats. None of them jump jet speedy little light mechs for me!

God that Blood Kite is a fucking hoss. Thing must have a top run speed of 34 KPH... Almost looks stationary lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast