+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

2 Mobs in particular I can't figure out which drop is the blue drop for are: Isgebind and Gamayun. On Isgebind I've heard so many people say they're both same drop rate, and on Gamayun, I've seen just as many earrings drop as poles, no blue on any kill (out of 15 or so total kills, seen 5 of each, never seen both in same pool).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
    Working on Abys-Altep a little, do we have a header for that zone anywhere? Noticed it was missing.
    I had to scale back my graphics about the time Heroes came out, so I never got good screenshots for the headers. I like them to be 600 by 300 with no text (names off, no winder stuff) and preferably no players. Just as long as it looks nice, that is really all that matters. When I take a screenshot, I like to take a big one and then scale it down so that it looks much smoother- which is why I haven't done them in a while.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Amphipteres have a lot of TP moves. Only four are listed on the Bestiary page, I imagine this is because it is what the free-roaming Amphipteres use in Xarcabard [S] and Beaucedine Glacier [S]. However, some TP moves have become rather standard; Feral Peck, Warped Wail, and uh Calamitous Wind I think? All of these moves seem to have been standard fare for Amphipteres added after Zirnitra, however, since the entire family is Notorious Monsters... you can't just stick a (Notorious Monsters Only). Maybe say [Certain Notorious Monsters Only]?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Amphipteres have a lot of TP moves. Only four are listed on the Bestiary page, I imagine this is because it is what the free-roaming Amphipteres use in Xarcabard [S] and Beaucedine Glacier [S]. However, some TP moves have become rather standard; Feral Peck, Warped Wail, and uh Calamitous Wind I think? All of these moves seem to have been standard fare for Amphipteres added after Zirnitra, however, since the entire family is Notorious Monsters... you can't just stick a (Notorious Monsters Only). Maybe say [Certain Notorious Monsters Only]?
    The standard (like on the Morbol page) is to put "(Certain NM only)" under the TP move name. If it were only Abyssea NMs, I would say "(Abyssea NM only)", but I would imagine that the Walk of Echoes and Voidwatch NMs would use them also.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did some work on the Bestiary; some general tidying, putting in fusion elementals under the elemental header, and added in categories for Frogs and Corpselights. All mobs and NMs should be listed, if anything is missing, please let me know.

I looked through the elemental category trying to think up a way to de-entangle them. I think the first step would be to list out the possibilities elemental types for the various Summoner pets.

Aern's Elemental- ??
    Demon's Elemental- Dark, Ice, Thunder
    Fomor's Elemental- Dark, Water
    Kindred's Elemental- Dark, Ice, Thunder
    Lamia's Elemental- Ice?
    Tonberry's Elemental- Light, Water
    Yagudo's Elemental- Fire, Earth, Wind

Chaos Elemental- Light
    Onibi- Fire
    Polevik- Earth

Aither- Wind
    Deorc- Dark?
    Eorthe- Earth?
    Puretos- Fire? (Greek for "Fever")
    Pruina- Ice?
    Beorht- Light? (Old English for "bright)
    Thunor- Thunder? (Derivation of "Thor")
    Lacus- Water? (Latin for "lake")

This is off of the top of my head, the VNMs are from Google searches of the root names. Any corrections, additions, confirmations would be appreciated.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Lamia have Water/Ice/Dark; I think Aern can be any elemental. I think Fomor Elementals are a bit more expansive too, I'll try to check personally later but I am swamped with work atm, so I'm just googling some of this and phoning it in

Unsure of the t1 VNMs names, but they all look right? Elementals in Assault, well the Cerberus one, yeah? There are fire ones there, n'est-ce pas?

There's also all the MMM boss Elementals, ugh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Come to think of it, I vaguely recall earth-based Fomor's Elementals. I remember water for sure because the Fomor Summoner on the south side of Sacrarium seemed to always have a water elemental. (I remember its sound from when I would run around checking for the cookbook.)

The Noxious Infernos from the Cerberus Assault are always fire. I am fairly certain about the elementals from the AF fights (Chaos Elemental, Onibi, and Polevik), I don't remember seeing any other elements Onibi at least. I would like some confirmation for the VNM ones. (If I could I would pop them myself to also get pictures.)

Current list. Any corrections, confirmations, or additions would be welcome.

Aern's Elemental- All
    Demon's Elemental- Dark, Ice, Thunder
    Fomor's Elemental- Dark, Earth?, Water, ???
    Kindred's Elemental- Dark, Ice, Thunder
    Lamia's Elemental- Dark, Ice, Water
    Tonberry's Elemental- Light, Water
    Yagudo's Elemental- Fire, Earth, Wind

Chaos Elemental- Light
    Onibi- Fire
    Polevik- Earth

Aither- Wind
    Deorc- Dark?
    Eorthe- Earth?
    Puretos- Fire? (Greek for "Fever")
    Pruina- Ice?
    Beorht- Light? (Old English for "bright)
    Thunor- Thunder? (Derivation of "Thor")
    Lacus- Water? (Latin for "lake")

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Added a category for Mantids, changed the unused Grimoire category to a monster category and added relevant information, and added TP moves and monster entries to Naraka and Harpia. If someone could check to make sure that the TP moves are alright, it would be appreciated. Also, could someone with test server access check the new Grimmoire mob Rw Nw Prt M Hrw to see if it is Arcana? Maybe go and throw an Arcane Crest at it to see if it works or not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Septimus - was doing VNM farming for my Blobs on OAT lance and can confirm some of the elementals for you on T1 path.

Eorth – Earth
    Thunor – Thunder
    Beorht – Light
    Lacus - Water

Puertos and Deorc - Can't confirm these but your lists sound right.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Added categories for Amoebans, Murexes, and Siege Turrets. If someone could look at them to make sure that the TP moves are correct, it would be greatly appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the last three categories that were needed for the Bestiary. (Seeing no dreaded red links on the page makes me very happy.) If anyone notices any monster type categories that are missing, please let me know.

And thank you Kensagaku for that confirmation. The names make sense if you look at the roots for them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lessee. I was actually doing Campaign the other day and wailing on the turret between bouts of AoE spamming spawned adds. One move I remember the Quadav Turret having - Basilisk Cannon. I got hit by it several times but never saw anything remotely petrification-like (or poison-like, both fall under "Basilisk" traits in different myths/etc). So right now, it's for sure AoE damage (Fort got nailed and since I had hate on turret, so did I). I don't know if the Yag/Orc turrets have separate TP moves.

Amoebans - to my knowledge, Nucleic Implosion isn't just damage; it's a solid drain, which was why back before people knew how to handle them it was like "OH DON'T THROW TEN BODIES AT IT IT'LL HEAL FASTER THAN YOU KILL". Full dispel and JA resets are accurate though. Also note that Nucleic Implosion (if you need to on the attack's page, I suppose) is only the earth Amoebans. You also might want to note that they can cast (To my memory) - -ga III, T4s, T5s, and buffs of their element (stone) or Drain, Bio III, Aspir, Sleepga II, Dread Spikes (dark; possibly more but I can't recall off of the top of my head what else).

Murexes - Looks good on TP moves, note that spells are -ga IIIs, T4s, T5s, buffs of their elements (Spikes, enspells, blink, haste etc). Also note that Pelagic Tempest is Lightning-element Murex only.

Murexes/Amoebans in general - is there a way to divide them into tables by their element? Like one table for Dark Amoebans and one for Earth, same with wind/thunder Murexes? I can probably go confirm which is which without too much hassle, I'm pulling a late night tonight anyway.

Edits: Scratch that - both types exist for each family in Scars Zones, would just be a pain to separate. Grouping as-is works fine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I couldn't remember the name of the Turret attack, so thank you for that. I am not sure if it is physical or magic damage, but it really isn't a very high priority at this point. I can't say that I know much about the other types of Turrets either, but I don't see any other entries in the monster move list with "Cannon" on it that weren't accounted for by other mobs, so I am just going to go with there is only one TP move for now.

So for Amoebans, Nucleic Implosion is only used by earth-based, so is Vacuole Discharge only used by dark-based ones? Do you remember the effects off hand? If Pelagic Tempest is lightning-based only, do the wind-based ones have a different TP move? Looking at the monster move list, this is what is around those:

Area Bombardment
    Cauterizing Field
    Benthic Typhoon
    Pelagic Tempest
    Osmosis
    Vacuole Discharge
    Nucleic Implosion
    Interference
    Dark Arrivisme
    Banneret Charge
    Besieger's Bane
    Hadal Summons

I believe that the first two are Iron Giant moves, then two Murex moves, then three Amoebans moves, I am not sure about the next 4, but the last one is a Corse move. (I probably should trim down the monster move list and post it to try to get an updated TP list for all mobs.)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The four unknowns are caturae specific moves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The four unknowns are caturae specific moves.
    None of them came up when I did a search on the Wiki, even though they are all on the Caturae page. It seems that the default search does not search the Category namespace, you have to go to advanced options and select "Category" for that; something to keep in mind when looking up things.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Belated as this stupid hotel my conference is at actually CHARGES for the internet (we pay an arm and a limb anyway to be here!), but in regards to your question from before, Septimus:

The earth Amoebans use Nucleic Implosion instead of Osmosis, to my memory, while the lightning Murex use Pelagic Tempest instead of Benthic Typhoon. They share similar animations but have different effects, essentially. Not sure which you were referring to for the effects but Nucleic Implosion is HP Drain (Radial AoE), JA reset, and I know it absorbs buffs, but I don't remember how many. I'm pretty sure it's one from all targets hit. Vacuole Discharge is damage plus paralysis, while Osmosis is damage plus one buff absorbed.

Also on that list, the first two are Iron Giant moves, but you might want to list that they're limited to the head only. This really only shows up on Ironclad Observer (the spawned one in Misereaux which is only a head) and Ironclad Pulverizer, which shoots off of its body temporarily for periods. Area Bombardment is just AoE damage to my memory, while Cauterizing field is AoE Damage + Burn. This will also include the Ironclad Heads in the upcoming WoE flux if I remember what I read on the OF Test Server notes, that one of the fluxes is Heads + IG boss.

Then Amoeban, Murex, and Caturae (Interference and Dark Arrivisme are general, Banneret Charge is Kutharei, Besieger's Bane is Yaanei... I'm surprised Shadow Wreck from Iratham isn't on there!) and right after that is indeed Corse.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Belated as this stupid hotel my conference is at actually CHARGES for the internet (we pay an arm and a limb anyway to be here!), but in regards to your question from before, Septimus:

The earth Amoebans use Nucleic Implosion instead of Osmosis, to my memory, while the lightning Murex use Pelagic Tempest instead of Benthic Typhoon. They share similar animations but have different effects, essentially. Not sure which you were referring to for the effects but Nucleic Implosion is HP Drain (Radial AoE), JA reset, and I know it absorbs buffs, but I don't remember how many. I'm pretty sure it's one from all targets hit. Vacuole Discharge is damage plus paralysis, while Osmosis is damage plus one buff absorbed.

Also on that list, the first two are Iron Giant moves, but you might want to list that they're limited to the head only. This really only shows up on Ironclad Observer (the spawned one in Misereaux which is only a head) and Ironclad Pulverizer, which shoots off of its body temporarily for periods. Area Bombardment is just AoE damage to my memory, while Cauterizing field is AoE Damage + Burn. This will also include the Ironclad Heads in the upcoming WoE flux if I remember what I read on the OF Test Server notes, that one of the fluxes is Heads + IG boss.

Then Amoeban, Murex, and Caturae (Interference and Dark Arrivisme are general, Banneret Charge is Kutharei, Besieger's Bane is Yaanei... I'm surprised Shadow Wreck from Iratham isn't on there!) and right after that is indeed Corse.
    I thought that only the Ephemeral Amoebans used Nucleic Implosion and Vacuole Discharge and Ephemeral Murexes used Pelagic Tempest. (I can't say that I have fucked around with Amoebans much besides trying to learn Osmosis though.)

The Iron Giant thing does bring up a good question. Do Iron Giant Heads warrant their own category page? Would they be different enough from the Iron Giant to require this?

The reason that Shadow Wreck is not on the list is because there is some amount of chronology to the Monster List. The moves on that list were all from Scars of Abyssea monsters, Shadow Wreck is used by Mr. Icky, who was added in Visions of Abyssea. If you are interested, here is the monster TP list from line 2307 to 2455.

Spoiler: show
    Acrid Stream
    Rime Spray
    Blazing Bound
    Molting Burst
    Diabolic Claw
    Stygian Cyclone
    Deathly Diminuendo
    Hellish Crescendo
    Afflicting Gaze
    Stygian Sphere
    Malign Invocation
    Shadow Wreck
    Thousand Spears
    Tainting Breath
    Mercurial Strike
    Mercurial Strike
    Colossal Slam
    Phaeosynthesis
    Pandora's Curse
    Pandora's Gift
    Testudo Tremor
    Ecliptic Meteor
    Inspirit
    Debonair Rush
    Iridal Pierce
    Lunar Revolution
    Great Divide
    Darkling Blade
    Demonic Shear
    Quietus Sphere
    Tepal Twist
    Bloom Fouette
    Petalback Spin
    Mortal Blast
    Heat Breath
    Gorge
    Disgorge
    Carousel
    Agaricus
    Terminal Sting
    Booming Bleat
    Vacant Gaze
    Blaster
    Wild Carrot
    Spiral Spin
    Noisome Powder
    Stag's Cry
    Turbine Cyclone
    Seismic Impact
    Incinerator
    Arm Cannon
    Ballistic Kick
    Scapula Beam
    Eradicator
    Auger Smash
    Area Bombardment
    Cauterizing Field
    Benthic Typhoon
    Pelagic Tempest
    Osmosis
    Vacuole Discharge
    Nucleic Implosion
    Interference
    Dark Arrivisme
    Banneret Charge
    Besieger's Bane
    Hadal Summons
    Mayhem Lantern
    Ruinous Scythe
    Psyche Suction
    Vermilion Wind
    Tyrant Tusk
    Somnial Durance
    Mud Stream
    Rancor Smash
    Melancholy Jig
    Forlorn Impact
    Essence Jack
    Cosmic Breath
    Cataclysmic Vortex
    Gyre Charge
    Mighty Guard
    Atomic Ray
    Dark Matter
    Protostar
    Supernova
    Dark Thorn
    Petaline Tempest
    Durance Whip
    Subjugating Slash
    Fatal Allure
    Moonlight Veil
    Dark Flare
    Dark Freeze
    Dark Tornado
    Dark Quake
    Dark Burst
    Dark Flood
    Dark Moon
    Dark Sun
    Royal Decree
    Virulent Haze
    Cyclonic Blight
    Torment Tusk
    Baleful Roar
    Infinite Terror
    Lithic Breath
    Tarsal Slam
    Enthrall
    Acheron Flame
    Terra Wing
    Dread Wind
    ??? Needles
    White Wind
    Smokebomb
    Paralysis Shower
    Cosmic Breath
    Cataclysmic Vortex
    Trance

This seems to be all of the TP moves added during the threee Abyssea patches. (Note, several of the TP moves are repeated from earlier ones, like Heat Breath appears in this list, but it is listed two times prior.) The data files are a fairly fun playground.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ah, that makes sense, regarding Iratham's. As for murex, I honestly can't remember, as I really don't even mess with them anymore. I can't think of the last time I've had to really worry about it. =x When I get back from my trip I might find out.

Iron Giant heads are different in their own way, I suppose, and I could see them as a separate category; they share no TP moves with Iron Giants, and as far as I know share different attack patterns. They can't run and attack at nothing, for example, if you're out of range; they'll only attack within normal melee range. They have a different set of moves, and their attacks may not be TP moves like with IGs - I do need to test that at some point, because now I'm curious.

Also I'm surprised; I haven't seen some of the TP moves listed. Some of them are prolly WoTG mission paths I didn't do (I went up Sandy, need to go back to do Windy/Basty), but there's two I don't recognize. Pandora's Curse/Gift both show up, and I see the former on the other wiki and with a description of what it does but not what uses it. I'm assuming that they're the Sturdy Pyxis moves because they're listed in the Visions of Abyssea TP lists, but I've never seen them used, only Death Trap. That's certainly interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that when I am able to, I am going to write up a script to parse out the duplicate and blank entries and post the entire weaponskill list in the Advanced section so that we can start filling out all of the entries- what uses them, description, range, shadow interaction, etc.