+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Edited TeamSp00ky and nycfurby with their move to Own3D.TV.

Also added a new French stream.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Good news everyone! (and I mean those with Android phones)

A couple of days ago, Twitch.tv went live with their Android beta app. Android phones can now (to some limited extent) view streams without having to do so from a browser.

Because it's beta, some functionality is not working (read: chat). Some basic operations are also not working, but the quality looks pretty solid thus far.

Details are kept here regarding new .apk files: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4n_rus40c/edit

However, they don't give a clear cut explanation so...

INSTALLATION FOR DUMMIES:
    1. Your phone must be enabled to install apps from non-Market sources. This can be done from Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources. By checking this, a pop up will appear warning you of dire consequences. But fuck that shit.
    2. Once Unknown Sources is enabled, next you must download the APK. Consult the google document for the latest APK. The APK as of this post is housed at http://bit.ly/GIkDuo. Download this from your phone's browser!
    3. Once the browser has finished downloading the application, open your Notifications Bar and press the download complete indicator. This will start the install. Press the install button. it will warn you about a few things. Hit the OK/Install/Continue/whatever button. After that, the install should take a moment then complete.

The application will now be available in your phone menu section.

FYI - Total installation requires 13MB of space.

Once again, need to reiterate - this is beta. Be forewarned.

OH SNAP I gotta try it tonight! Thanks Blackrose

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You should list a link to teevox, it's a pretty good way of browsing streams without having to remember all of them. It also only lists streams that are online atm. It's pretty much the only thing I use nowdays for live stuff. Only downside is you still need to go back to twitch if you want to look at archives.

http://teevox.com

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Added Teevox. Thanks Kaelan!

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

This is probably going to seem kind of random, but this is something that's been irking me and this feels like the best place to post it...I see a lot of complaints about ads during FG streams, and other game genres for that matter. Yes I know ads can be annoying, but I don't think people are really putting any thought into what the ads mean for the streamer. If you are watching someone with a partnered Twitch site, e.g. sp00ky, they are making money directly off of these ads. Every time you adblock one, you're taking revenue out of their pockets.

I know these days we're all used to getting what we want instantly, but really it's not going to kill you to ignore a 15 second ad. If you actually support the FGC and the people working to bring it to you, turn off your adblock during their streams, or at the very least stop fucking whining about them.