Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Anyway, Another 8:

I liked the set up and pay off for this episode. Really drives home the point they're trying to make about the curse.

Black Rock Shooter:

I started watching this and you know, it's not bad. I mean, it's bad in a sense, but constructed in a way that makes it mysterious and kind of gripping. These girls are absolute freaks and I guess making friends is hard? I like the action/fight scenes, and it's not what I expected as I find I cheer on...the blue girl with a cannon arm (seriously, name?)

Another:
    The best part was next episode preview. I'm definitively interested to see where they are going with these zombies (might be a dream tho?). The setup was also pretty good like you said, I didn't even realize it was a beach episode until I was 15 minutes into it...Hell, most anime make me rage the moment they mention "beach".

BRS:
    The only issue I have with this show is that it's hard to feel bad for girls with first world problem. Once you get over that however, it's definitively enjoyable.

[edit]

Chihayafuru:
    Am I the only one who cries every weeks watching this? Like..I can't even explains why, it's not even sad most of the time.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nichibros 08

Those feels..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Chihayafuru:
    Am I the only one who cries every weeks watching this? Like..I can't even explains why, it's not even sad most of the time.
    Shit son, I almost get teary-eyed all the time :< Which for me is like equal to crazy bawwing.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Am I the only one who cries every weeks watching this?
    No.

Vacation and school have pretty much kept me from responding to this thread and even keeping up has been difficult, too. But yeah, whatever.

Here are my thoughts on Week 7:

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...-anime-review/

And Week 8:

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...-anime-review/

Yeah, they're all a bit old but I never had a chance to talk about them. Probably will be back more this week once I watch Daily Lives, Chihaya, and I did watch Another but will save that for another post.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Nichibros 08

Those feels..
    some of the skit felt flat, though i actually burst out laughing on the bag skit

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Bag skit was the best. I remember laughing at another (forgot which), but I thought the episode was weak all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Shit son, I almost get teary-eyed all the time :< Which for me is like equal to crazy bawwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    No.
    I don't feel as bad now.

Or maybe we should all feel bad?

Chihayafuru is amazing, no doubt about it. Seeing Chihaya apply all the lessons she learned and all the people around her. I love it.

Nichibros 8 was weak at first, but the bag skit and the bee skit made me lose my shit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

GC time

Guilty Crown 19

Spoiler: show
    Oh, wow.

So his void is a warehouse that stores ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ other voids to be reproduced later on.

But as a result his body gradually turns into ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ crystal

Fantastic plot you got there.

Yeah, this week's GC was pretty hilarious the way everything happened at the end. The whole arm thing was probably the best imo.

Might as well do the other anime I watched this week, too, while I'm here:

Liked the beach episode of Another and thought it actually fit well in the seires, adding some character development, story progression and a fuck ton of entertainment. Kinda wish the series was more light-hearted like this but whatever.

Chihayafuru is fucking awesome every week. Really excited to see how these matches go now that they're onto the Eastern Qualifiers. Obviously Chihaya will advance but it'll be interesting to see how everyone else does. Really love how the series puts effort into making us care about all the opponents we see, too, which is a topic I'm going to discuss at a later date (probably for this week's review).

Daily Lives of High School Boys has been good but this episode was a bit of a drop off from the last in terms of comedy. It fluctuates pretty hard for me but I do enjoy it every week regardless of how often I smile or laugh.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    GC time

Guilty Crown 19

Oh, wow.

So his void is a warehouse that stores ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ other voids to be reproduced later on.

But as a result his body gradually turns into ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ crystal

Fantastic plot you got there.

Actualy...

They said right out that he absorbs everything around him, good and bad. He absorbed the cancer from the one guy along with everything else. A result of his power, yes, but it was as a function of his power, not a side effect. Just sayin'.

Black Belt
    BG Level

let the man runs the Heaven's Feel parallel, it's not like it'd make GC any worse than it already is

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    let the man runs the Heaven's Feel parallel, it's not like it'd make GC any worse than it already is
    No, not at all.

inb4 final episode "Here I come, king of GHQ, do you have enough voids in stock?"

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
    Chihayafuru is fucking awesome every week. Really excited to see how these matches go now that they're onto the Eastern Qualifiers. Obviously Chihaya will advance but it'll be interesting to see how everyone else does. Really love how the series puts effort into making us care about all the opponents we see, too, which is a topic I'm going to discuss at a later date (probably for this week's review).
    I agree completely. Last opponent was a bit of a cocky old lady, then bam, sympathy right at the end of the episode with her reasons for playing and seeing her family. This last week was a touted "genius" of a little girl who was pretty annoying at first, and then bam, tears forming part-way through the match, stupid people talking about her being over-hyped, and 1 good luck charm, and all of a sudden she's adorable.

I actually like that this show doesn't have a preview for the next week's episode (at least, I haven't come across it, and I hope not to from this point on). I wake up every Tuesday to something very delightful and enjoyable, while having no idea of what to expect.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm not quite sure what the fuck happened in Black Rock Shooter, but thing just got serious! Awesome episode.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nisemonogatari EP 9

This show continues to be impressive, much more impressive than it was at the start. All the characters were on top form, and Karen got some very good development that didn't involve a toothbrush lol. Also the new characters are very promising, a shame they're introduced with only two episodes remaining.

Ano Natsu de Matteru Ep 8

Damn a lot of talen and Love was given to the slice of life segements. It's pretty shocking.(Action Segment near the end was done by 3 Sakuga animators " Nozomu Abe, Hiroshi Tomioka and Yoshiyuki Ito").

Nozomu Abe:

Hiroshi Tomioka:

The Chart:
    Lemon By Rei HIROE(Creator of Black Lagoon)
    Mio By Takashi TAKEUCHI ( Character Designer Tsukihime, Kara no Kyokai, Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night and many of Type-Moon series).
    Tetsuro By Yasuhiro NIGHTOW(Creator of Trigun/Gungrave)
    Kaito By Toru MINAZUKI ( To heart)
    Kanna By Julietta SUZUKI (No Idea)
    Ichika By Yousuke KURODA( Scryed, Onegai Teacher/Twins, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Honey and Clover, High School of the Dead etc)*Series Composition, Script, Screenplay*

Black Belt
    BG Level

I cringed when she cut her ponytail just like that, I really did

But yeah, it's a really great foreshadowing for what's to come.

DoesAno Natsu actually get good? I dropped it after two episodes. AM I MISSING OUT ON A GOOD DRAMA SERIES? Or is it still alien mumbo jumbo.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ano natsu is ok, but if you didn't like the first 2 eps, it's probably not worth it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I can't get into Ano Natsu. It makes me laugh occasionally, certain scenes are decent, but for everything good, there is something equally retarded.

I don't really mind wasting 20 minutes a week on this, but it could have been so much better (especially since it was supposed to be the next Ano Hana, Toradora or something ). The only thing I like is the love...pentagon, with Kanna stuck in the middle. I'm interested to see where it's going, but with one alien on the team, you can only assume she will leave at the end of the series.

[edit]
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OVA was nice. Not the best skits this series had to offer, but I miss that show, and I was happy to get more of it.