1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Well XIII-2 isn't even out yet
    I don't see why that matters. You asked what FF has an audible kupo sound, FFXIII-2 fits, even if it isn't out yet.

If ultimately you're looking for reference, it's there.

I'm pretty sure the squeaking sound is the "kupo". This very video has the moogles making the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I don't see why that matters. You asked what FF has an audible kupo sound, FFXIII-2 fits, even if it isn't out yet.

If ultimately you're looking for reference, it's there.
    Ok fine you caught me, I was dancing around the issue: I don't like FFXIII or anything related to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valacirca View Post
    I'm pretty sure the squeaking sound is the "kupo". This very video has the moogles making the sound.
    Never actually considered that but since punching someone in the face doesn't actually sound like "BAMF" or "POW" who am I to argue.

The XIV sounds are a lot like the IX ones after listening to the IX ones again.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Lets be honest, those weapons look extremely retarded outside of the sword and axe. I mean I get the humor and all, even WoW has had humorous type of weapons in the past but man, its a different tune when your trying to pitch your final sale to the customers before you start charging.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Hater are seriously overeacting. These weapons will last 4 months and will make great town gears next years. I'm not sure why people are raging about that.
    I think this is what SE is thinking with this content.

It gives them a chance to practice... make glowy/animated/crazy endgame weapons, practice making new content, and since the player base is so small, give people funky weapons to strut around town in post-2.0 if the content changes completely or is removed.

I'm entirely okay with the idea of "I've been here since the extended beta" status items, that may not actually be amazing, but give some sort of bragging rights people coming to the game after 2.0 can't match.

And what's cooler than H2H that are inflatable moogle heads?

Then again, if the content and rewards do stick around post-2.0, I'd really prefer SE wasn't just fucking around and being goofy.

I'm largely indifferent but I can understand people being a bit annoyed that, all things considered, this is what they have the devs spending their time on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm largely indifferent but I can understand people being a bit annoyed that, all things considered, this is what they have the devs spending their time on.
    I don't think I would mind it much but considering this is what their pitching to the customers before they start charging and quite honestly, its a pretty weak patch to begin with content wise. The class overhauls/HQ crafting changes isn't whats going to keep people playing even though its a needed change. I mean is SE really banking on a crappy loot-distribution system to keep people busy until February? I am guessing 1.20 will go live sometime this month then payment will start in Jan or late Dec with a mid/late Feb release of 1.21, but keep in mind that February is a short month so late Feb is pretty much March.

It would have taken more man-hours to make Ifrit drops shareable among party members than it did to design this whole moogle event thing.

Thanks, Crystal Tools™!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The team who is rebuilding the UI and server/client stuff are probably putting all their energy into 2.0. Fixing issue in the current engine when it will be scrapped soon is a waste of energy.

The gears they design now isn't going to be wasted technically, so it's not the same.

From a visual point of view, problem isn't in them being moogle inspired. My issue is that they look like different people made them, there are huge gaps between weapons and this is something I wasnt expecting from SE.

Ok, so H2H is plain comical, I get that. As much as the wand / stave.
    Then you have the sword, which tries to be intimidating *while* integrating the moogle theme. It also has a KH feeling to it. Axe is "serious business" as well : it has the moogle carving and it still look badass.

But the bow, i mean.. really? It's a bow with a moogle on it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

The bow is by far the most underwhelming one of the bunch.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

So I'm lost: is the issue with the gear progression (releasing more weapons when we've just gotten Ifrit weapons, so the only option is that one of the two is obsolete or a sidegrade?) or with the graphical design (fucking moogles on my weapons? get out of here, that's unrealistic)?

'~' I haven't been able to play XIV while in England due to not being able to lug my desktop overseas with me, so forgive my ignorance of the playerbase at large.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Both, and any other complain you can think of.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

For the audible kupo sound people:

If it happens, it'll probably sound like the Moogle Rod that was in FFXI. I just picked the first video that I found.
    youtube.com/watch?v=GkBMNu_8Br0 (Can't post URLs yet, so that'll have to do)

The audible moogle sound has been in quite a few FFs. It's always sounded similar to the sound in the above video.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Bow with a moogle on it: somehow more disappointing than a bow with a harp on it.

Personally I think the weapons look pretty good. I'm glad SE is willing to move past "realism".

Quote Originally Posted by MutamixBubblypots View Post
    Personally I think the weapons look pretty good. I'm glad SE is willing to move past "realism".
    To go with that, I can't object to weapons that make the world a little more colourful and lively. As graphically accomplished as XIV is, there's absolutely no style or imagination anywhere. While the change in direction might not be agreeable, I hope come 2.0 the world is a lot more lively than it is currently.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Would not be surprised, if after 2.0, those weapons, possibly even ifrit's will never be obtainable again /shrug.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Bow with a moogle on it: somehow more disappointing than a bow with a harp on it.
    hey man a bow is just a harp with one string.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Would not be surprised, if after 2.0, those weapons, possibly even ifrit's will never be obtainable again /shrug.
    Sadly not, the storyline might be heading off, but Yoshida's said this is permanent content you can access with their LFG tool and whatever.

I knew these weapons were going to suck after seeing that original sword design a while back, they just look so out of place. I'm all for some comedic design but at least put the effort in to make them look good. I don't know why they even bothered with moogles and didn't just go straight to garuda.