Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    As long as it includes their sick sense of humor, I'm in. How far are you acutally able to go in the M rating before it becomes AO, though? That's the only thing I'm worried about. I don't want it toned down :\

Anyway, their episode stories are always entertaining, so I'm pretty hyped to see what their story for an RPG will be.
    as long as there is no graphic sex acts or graphical mutilation it wont be AO. shouldn't see any reason for it to get an AO

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    as long as there is no graphic sex acts or graphical mutilation it wont be AO. shouldn't see any reason for it to get an AO
    so lots of cartman going "we should give kyle aids!" because in the last few ep's i've seen that's all he's been saying lol (there old ep's)

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hey, if Postal can qualify for an M rating, I'm sure a south park game can easily.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Obsidian aside, I'm very excited to see what they do with a South Park RPG with Matt Stone and Trey Parker involved.
    My thoughts too but I figure this is different because they aren't making a direct sequel to a video game, so they really have nothing to mess up here.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454179
    http://gematsu.com/2011/12/south-par...-game-informer

First details on THQ and Obsidian’s recently revealed South Park RPG have come out of the January 2011 issue of Game Informer. South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are writing the script and dialogue, making the Obsidian title the first South Park game the comedy duo have ever directly been involved in.

South Park: The Game is an RPG running on the Dungeon Siege III engine. The editor of the article says the game looks like an episode of the Comedy Central show. As far as 2D and 3D go, he says, “exploration takes the characters from the left to the the right (and vice-versa), but branching paths occasionally take them in the background or foreground to prevent the game from becoming overly linear.” Parker and Stone have provided Obsidian with over 15 years’ worth of assets from the show to use in the game.

You’ll create and play as a fully customizable character. He/she will never talk, as Parker’s always preferred silent protagonists in RPGs. Your character will have a smart phone, which acts as the game menu and features a Facebook-like app that shows your number of friends and how you currently stand with the game’s other kid factions.

The player – or you, rather – are the new kid in town. The theme of the game is fitting in and being accepted. The story kicks off with your character participating in a live-action RPG the kids of South Park are setting up, which eventually turns into a real-life adventure. Eric Cartman will help you get setup with your class.

Considering it’s an RPG, there will be classes – five in total. You’ll have the option to play as a Wizard, Paladin, Adventurer, Rogue, or a fifth unannounced class (an ‘unconventional’ class proposed by Cartman). Other RPG elements include: visible enemies on the map, health and haste potions (soda and Tweak’s coffee), melee and ranged weapons, a Final Fantasy VII materia-esque system that augments weapons with abilities such as fire or electricity, and a summon system.

The game will use a Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi-esque combat system. Encounters are described by Game Informer as ‘classic Final Fantasy,’ as they’re presented from a side view. Each screenshot in the article shows the player and another party member fighting 2-5 other enemies. If the player initiates the battle, they’ll attack first. If not, the enemy will have the initial strike. The X button (we’re not sure if it’s the PS3 or Xbox 360 button) is used for melee attacks; time it well and you’ll score multiple hits. The game also uses timed button presses for defense. Obsidian doesn’t want to force the player to watch battle animations, so they’ll be incorporating dynamic camera angles at certain times.

The game will feature plenty of collectibles to find throughout its environments. Some will appear throughout the game, while others appear in specific areas. The magazine mentions a Chinpokomon doll and magazine (Chinpokomon is South Park‘s parody of Pokemon).

When Obsidian initially came up with the idea for a South Park role-playing game, they brought a quest idea to Parker and Stone where the player fights a giant bat boss, manned by Ike, in a cave. The comedy duo disliked the quest, and said it felt more ‘generic video game’ than it did South Park. The pair suggested a different quest to readjust the developer’s focus.

The game will not feature any platforming elements. They tried jumping early in development, but it didn’t fall through. At one point, they had to remove a level because the perspective was off, since everything is hand-illustrated and animated.

A few pieces of concept art in the game (don’t read this if you don’t want to know potential locations) show areas labeled
    Spoiler: show
    “Gnome Mine,” “UFO Crash Site,” “Gnome/Crab People D.M.Z.,” and “Christmas Town.”

South Park: The Game is due for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC next year. For more information and screenshots, pick up the January 2011 issue of Game Informer.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Obsidian
    Nah...day 1 bugged and glitched to hell and back. Not a single bug was fixed that day.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

RPG...?! Matt and Trey overseeing this?

Day fucking one.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And it'll be programmed and completed within 6 days.
    Shut up and take my money assuming Obsidian doesn't botch it with bugs and performance issues.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

After reading the description of everything, day one buy. This is now one of my most anticipated 2012 games. Do. Fucking. Want.

Yeah. It definitely sounds like a mix of all the best older RPGs. The timed button presses remind me of Super Mario RPG(and I think Paper Mario? It's been awhile).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

big scan pics

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hopefully this makes the last South Park title on 360 look like a small footprint.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hahaha holy shit

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

As long as I can start with some extra jew gold!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So far I am not disappointed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

JEW CAN'T BE PALADINS! (LoTR ep everyone just calls him jew)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Jew will probably be that class with the most customization or limited for a challenge.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level