Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wait, why only on melee? Enlight's accuracy bonus applies to weaponskills, too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Wait, why only on melee? Enlight's accuracy bonus applies to weaponskills, too.
    Since when? I mean, I'd love it if that were the case, but I've never seen any reason to believe it did. Admittedly... I think my assumption that it doesn't is pretty damn old, and based on the fact that en-dmg didn't proc on ws, so why would the acc.

If you can point me at any kinda decent testing on it I'd be thrilled. Mostly cause that would mean I won't have to test it. <,<;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Checkparam looks directly at your stats, and acts as the bare minimum for attacks that are calculated off of them. Basically, while you can have things that apply, but don't show up in /checkparam (like Weaponskill Accuracy), the opposite doesn't occur. Enlight directly affects your accuracy stat; it's not linked to the endamage other than determining how much accuracy you get. If checkparam says you got +100 accuracy from something, then your accuracy stat itself was increased by 100.

I haven't specifically tested Enlight, no, but I have tested Endark, whose attack bonus definitely applies to weaponskills. It was a long time ago though, so I don't have the figures anymore.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's a logical argument. Which I tentatively accept. And the Endark precedent helps. And that testing must have sucked... <,<;

I think I'll still want to do a small test myself, then I can shake off a long held preconception.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Completely anecdotal but I've done lowman stuff a lot with my pld being the main dmg and having uncapped acc even with unlight and cdc wasn't any bit noticeably less accurate than my melee swings in the same gear set. If my melee acc sucked so did cdc. If melee was around 80%+ cdc was ok. Not exactly conclusive but the loss of 50 or so acc should be noticeable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Endark testing wasn't that bad, really. If you picked a weapon that has really low skill back when it came out, a good endark could easily increase your attack by like 33%. That's really easy to tell when using single hit WSs in a consistent situation if you know the Weaponskill damage formula.

Enlight II testing shouldn't take more than 5-10 WSs, either. Find a mob that you have exactly or almost exactly floored accuracy on without Enlight II, then use Vorpal Blade or something on it several times with a fresh Enlight II up. Going from 20% to 75% hit rate on secondary hits should be extremely easy to tell.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is a test for Enlight II's ACC bonus to see if the ACC applies to WS.

Requiescat on a 124 Serac rabbit. Enlight II down/up.
    Code:
    Base	
    TP	dmg
    112	293
    138	654
    138	866
    138	889
    125	613
    151	1113
    125	470
    125	582
    avg TP	avg dmg
    131.5	685

Enlight up	
    TP	dmg
    164	1155
    138	497
    125	600
    138	753
    138	1137
    164	492
    138	619
    138	945
    151	500
    125	778
    138	1215
    164	1440
    avg tp	avg dmg
    143	844
    I'm a little dissatisfied by the sample size, but eh.

I'm kinda thinking I was a ways below ACC floor pre-Enlight II. Doesn't feel like it improved quite enough. But there was a noticeable gain from having enlight up. So good enough till I feel like doing more.

Hurray for ridiculous TP and WS acc. <,<

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Does enlight's added damage proc on multihit ws? If so, thats like an extra 500 damage to requiescat lol.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Does enlight's added damage proc on multihit ws? If so, thats like an extra 500 damage to requiescat lol.
    Enspell does not add to WS damage, regardless of # of hits.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC bloody bolts used to proc on WS, but ranged WSs are kind of weird anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    IIRC bloody bolts used to proc on WS, but ranged WSs are kind of weird anyway.
    Idk about bloody bolts but sleep definitely did. Was a fun way to fight a mob

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Enspell does not add to WS damage, regardless of # of hits.
    Could have sworn enspells could proc on weapon skills as shown by a small amount of damage to Invincible'd mobs. Other additional effects from mainhand weapon proc on weapon skills as do ammo(stun, sleep, blind).

edit- just double checked and you're right. damn that sucks. Would have been cool to see the enlight from those ilvl holy bolts added on barrage. Also would have served to make en-damage more worthwhile for RDM and RUN.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fun fact: Endark II cannot be overwritten by Auspice.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

was there ever any conclusiv tests done on magic critical hit rate?

I went to test some gear combos with a total of +37 magic criticial hit rate on it. i know this is a very very very small sample (its not even a sample) but out of 40 casts only 5 proced as critical hit rate whereas i was expecting to at least hit 8-12 crit hits, did anyone ever run some tests if magical crit hit rate caps very early on?

EDIT: proceeded to nuke some more. I need to find a way to accumulate data precisely, atm i am expecting every 3. cast to be a magic criticial hit, but after 80 more nukes its more like every 5. nuke seems to crit only. i should be able to bump up my rate to 47% crit hit rate with maniacus sash (if i still have it on my mule). 27% from helios augments and +20 from choleric ring and maniacus sash, I am getting the slight feelign that m.crit hit rate caps at 25% or 20% :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC when I did magic critical hit rate testing in Abyssea I didn't see any evidence of a cap, but I wasn't able to stack a bunch of gear for it. You could continue your testing in Abyssea using Atma of the Smouldering/Azure Sky.

Magic Critical Hit Damage definitely caps at +30 (+40 MAB per critical).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    IIRC when I did magic critical hit rate testing in Abyssea I didn't see any evidence of a cap, but I wasn't able to stack a bunch of gear for it. You could continue your testing in Abyssea using Atma of the Smouldering/Azure Sky.

Magic Critical Hit Damage definitely caps at +30 (+40 MAB per critical).
    i dont doubt the magic ciritical hit damage cap test at all. but the crit rate seems way off, i could bump my gear up to 50% m.crit hate rate and then add on top atma of the smoldering sky and atma of the azure sky (tough both values unknown). theoreticly with perfect augments on helios gear and choleric earring + maniacus sash you can hit 60% m.crit hit rate. I need to go dig out my maniacus sash on my mule and maybe and on top of it a nefarious collar. if anything a bump over 50% m.crit hit rate should be quiet noticable if there is no cap.

But then there is another question that maybe magic spells have a crit hate cap on themselfs depending on which tier you use. i was only useing tier 1 spells so higher tier spells might maybe have a higher cap on crit hit rate hmmm

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't know what I did the magic crit hit damage testing with, but I think I had Choleric + Maniacus + 2 Atmas. I don't have any preconceived notion about how high my magic crit rate should have been, but it was high enough that I could test the damage boosts without any issue.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm yeah sounds like there is something up 20% seems rather low cap given how much gear and such there is for it. Maybe tier related like suggested (it's clearly not applied evenly to all magic dmg since doesn't work on ws) or maybe helios is bugged and no one noticed because lolmagic crit rate.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Does recast- stuff go beyond the 'cap' you can hit from haste/FC?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any info on the potency of the new Threnodies? I'll test some stuff out next time I get a chance if not.

Edit: Nvm, found it in the middle of some thread. -160 base, and another 5 for every +1 song.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast