Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Feet have always allowed down to 10% reduction for whatever reason. Have been able to get 4s stun with them for a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think Reforged+1 that has the SP Augment might be a stronger SP augment than the AF2+2. Spirit Surge is a 60sec duration normally, 80 seconds with Wyrm Mail +2 augmented. With Pteroslaver Mail +1, it lasted 100 seconds or 1 minute and 40 seconds. Can anyone test if the same is true for other SPs? Should also check if EES and Meikyo are boosted in someway too since those aren't duration based.

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/1268/TCClYw.png

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I think Reforged+1 that has the SP Augment might be a stronger SP augment than the AF2+2. Spirit Surge is a 60sec duration normally, 80 seconds with Wyrm Mail +2 augmented. With Pteroslaver Mail +1, it lasted 100 seconds or 1 minute and 40 seconds. Can anyone test if the same is true for other SPs? Should also check if EES and Meikyo are boosted in someway too since those aren't duration based.

Well, that doesn't appear to be a property of pteroslaver/+1.

I'm getting a 1:40 duration with just old wyrm mail +2.

Spoiler: show
    So, either something changed, or the original augment testing was in error.

Still, I'll take an extra 20 seconds of spirit surge for no apparent reason.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Still more useful than that 10th helix JP
    According to bgwiki; Helix ticks every 7-9 seconds, i always assumed 9 personally so i'll go with that.
    If the duration listed on bg wiki as the base with dark arts is correct, 168 seconds divided by 9s comes out to 18 ticks with 6 seconds wasted. So when you add all 10 job points, that extra 3 seconds that by itself seems pointless would combine with the previous 6 seconds left over and provide another tick.

Edit: I forgot about the 3s initial before the ticks begin, now im inspired to go test helix durations, more to come.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    According to bgwiki; Helix ticks every 7-9 seconds, i always assumed 9 personally so i'll go with that.
    If the duration listed on bg wiki as the base with dark arts is correct, 168 seconds divided by 9s comes out to 18 ticks with 6 seconds wasted. So when you add all 10 job points, that extra 3 seconds that by itself seems pointless would combine with the previous 6 seconds left over and provide another tick.

Edit: I forgot about the 3s initial before the ticks begin, now im inspired to go test helix durations, more to come.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tock

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Well Tock seems to add up, never heard that phrase before, i was going off the information on https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Helices, and i think a good deal of that information is innacurate, and my prior statement is proven wrong, the 10th jp is meaningless unless it adds up with your cape augment to provide a tick.

Anyway;
    -According to timestamp, initial damage and wearing off, helix duration with 10/10 job points and dark arts was 194 seconds, the helix page says 168, job points say 30, so i think the older number listed on that page for dark arts duration may be incorrect, even if timestamp isn't the most accurate way to time it, 4 seconds seems like a bigger range to explain away with lag.
    -Initial damage 36, total damage 756; (756-36)/36 = 20 ticks, perfectly feasible if the first tick is in the first 4 seconds. I wouldn't say its always 3 seconds, it appears to be like all ticks in ffxi, where the first one can be instant.

Edit: And sorry for going on about this in this thread, theres probably a better place for it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

iirc tocks worked with in game or real time instead of duration time and there is no way of knowing when one happens other than when something like helix does it's dot. Which was one of the problems with the idea of multi-modus hijinks. As such so 4 seconds is actually well within range and the merits theoretically could sometimes help sometimes not help based on when you landed the spell

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tocks happen every 10 seconds. I actually wrote an addon to verify it by casting helix on a mob and printing out the interval between HP changes. Though I didn't test to see if it's server wide or zone wide. I assume it's from server start time though it might be per zone server or something

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did some Mana Wall testing today:
    * Mana Wall + 10/10 JP : 400 MP lost to 1000 Needles
    * Mana Wall + 10/10 JP + AF3+2 feet : 300 MP lost to 1000 Needles
    * Mana Wall + 10/10 JP + AF3+2 feet + 28 damage Phalanx : 291 MP lost to 1000 Needles
    * Mana Wall + 10/10 JP + AF3+2 feet + 60% PDT (over cap) + 28 damage Phalanx : 141 MP lost to 1000 Needles

The implication is that we'll be able to reduce damage -> MP by 90% with 30/30 JPs and AF3+2 feet (or 95% with capped DT).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after multiple runs on thf doing avatars not once would mug proc the avatars and as long as you meet the conditions procs are 100% guaranteed.... but as soon as I spent a jp in mug effect it would proc.... so there's a reason to jp it lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To go along with the previous plain no effect steal wont proc but aura stealing will. If you are fast you can proc them on the very buff you are steal

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So enhanced qds dmg thing... does it even work with light/dark shot? I ask because I tried several times with light shot and came up empty as far as dmg increase go

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been working with enhanced QD with af3+2... and I got a question does it work with light shot? Because it isn't working for me

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So been working with enhanced QD with af3+2... and I got a question does it work with light shot? Because it isn't working for me
    3 years ago I tested it with Holy and it worked. Unless SE ninja nerfed light shot it should work.

In order to receive the light damage boost, the sleep effect of light shot must land, which is different from upgrading dia to the next tier. If you can't sleep the mob then you won't get light damage boost. Same thing applies to dark shots, the mob needs something to dispel. If you can't dispel something with darkshot, you won't get dark damage boost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah that was the problem didn't sleep... well that makes it a lot less reliable

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone know if Scarlet Delirium's calculation works the same as low hp Latent effects (IE, Convert HP to MP doesn't affect your max HP for the calculation, but HP -X does).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Saboteur's duration bonus applies before the Enfeebling duration JP category is applied.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Has anyone tested Geomancer/Runeists rolls?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Testing magic evasion isn't likely to happen. Buff duration is quite easy though, can get the values for all the numbers in an hour prolly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Has anyone tested Geomancer/Runeists rolls?
    my guess is runeist rolls will be somewhere inbetween non idris attunement and idris attunement. OR SE might suprise me and might have made the Roll exeptionally strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag