Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A few ticks worth of regen gear could take care of player HP. But lowering wyvern HP quickly without him getting murdered could be an issue. Hmmm.

Maybe go into brenner and and Nuke or DoT wyvern, lol. Good control that way.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

From the testing linked on the page and assuming a lot of different things, I'd say that Lancer's Vambrace +2 either doubles Alpha or increases the total Spirit Link by 10%. It's probably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz
    Tried out DRG AF3+2 gloves in brenner this time:

w/o +2: I went from 1404 HP to 1053 (72%) and it healed my wyvern 487, taking it from 10% to 50%.

With +2: I went from 1404 HP to 927 (66%) and it healed my wyvern 674, taking it from 10% to 66%.

As for status ailments, w/o vambraces it would remove 0-1 from my wyvern, and with vambraces it removed 3-4. Kinda nice.
    First one is 351 HP lost for 487 HP healed, which means alpha+MND was 136

Second one is 477 HP lost for 674 HP healed. If we add everything up, we end up with an extra 61 HP from somewhere. It seems unlikely to me that it's a 13% bonus to the HP lost -> HP healed conversion.

The post was made at the 90 cap and he's wearing Vambraces +2, so his level is 88-90. If his level is 88, Alpha is 61. It could be doubling alpha.

674/(477+136) = 1.0995
    So my money is on a flat +10% Spirit Link potency.

Also, JP wiki says the range for Spirit Link is 25-35%, not 25-30%. It's shown above as well.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    A few ticks worth of regen gear could take care of player HP. But lowering wyvern HP quickly without him getting murdered could be an issue. Hmmm.

Maybe go into brenner and and Nuke or DoT wyvern, lol. Good control that way.
    If done manually, yes. Not way to automate HP tracking unless XI claim can do that. As for getting to the initial 10HP, Radec suggested using sub RDM > Spend MP > Conv to 10HP. Just make sure to do that while you're midfight though so the wyvern will have hate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Armet has been cited in mulitple sources as being +10. It doesn't say where that +10 goes but it's presummed to be added onto the final derived value of the Spirit Link. Seems extremely underwhelming and I don't know if it's been tested well enough and the value is different or if SE accidentally omitted a decimal and it's supposed to be +100. Because +10 HP is like....why bother?

I'd say the Vambraces are +5/10% too, would fit in line with the pattern of almost every Empyrean 'enhance JA' piece. Should focus the efforts on looking intoother things like more Jump testing, specifically what the fuck Drake Ring and Lancer Cuissots+2 do. Martel and I are absolutely dumbfounded and we have no idea what they could possibly do.

Literally the only thing we haven't looked at is reduced CE/VE. If that's the case I'm extremely disappointing for several reasons.
    1) Drake Ring's latent effect threshold is difficult to satisfy under normal, practical situations.
    2) Jumps pre-80 cap were abysmally weak, averaging 80-150 damage to most endgame content. So why would a DRG pull hate with them to begin with to warrent -enmity on it?
    3) I think it was said that Soul Jump(and Spirit Jump) only make 1CE/300VE regardless of damage or something ridiculously low like that. If that's the case, it wouldn't make much difference if Cuissots+2 lowered VE by 10%. Big freaking deal, the JA is virtually hateless already.

Only other idea is that just like Goetia Gloves +1/2, the "Enhances Soul Jump" is erroneous(unlikely though since it's present in the JP text).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could use an atma to lower your wyverns hp too so no need to deal with fighting and such. Yours too as well with said atma

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I actually did a test for CE reduction already. Assuming you meant reducing the player's total CE like high jump, and not just on the jump itself.

Cuissots didn't seem to do anything CE wise. VE reduction is still a possibility, but that's even more annoying to test.

I'm looking into verifying spirit link stuffs because there's actually something specific to test for. And it's interesting.

Drake ring... Cuissots? I'm outta ideas. And I can't test them without having even the slightest idea what to test for.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I actually meant the former, reduced CE on the Jump itself.

Well we can rule out:
    DMG
    Attack
    Accuracy
    Critical Hit Rate
    Critical Hit Damage
    Damage modifier
    Bonus TP
    Recast Reduction

VE
    CE
    Reduce Target TP
    Reduce Enmity of party member behind DRG

There's not much else left to test and frankly if we're scratching the bottom of the barrel for Lancer Cuissot's effect then the effect is probably really fucking lame. Would not be the least bit surprised if the effect was Enmity-10 on Soul Jump with AF3+2 legs(-5 for the +1 legs).

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, the CE is 1 and it certainly doesn't reduce it to 0 or change your current CE. I keep meaning to go test VE, but I'd prefer to use 3 characters and I've had at least one of my three otherwise occupied since I said I would. :c

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Subtle blow perhaps? They seemed rather fond of adding that during that period.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Jump already doesn't give TP.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ah, I had forgotten about jumps being like that. Given the wording on Soul Jump, I'd bet on enmity at this point, which is severely underwhelming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Jump already doesn't give TP.
    What if it made jumps give negative tp!?!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

High Jump does that during Spirit Surge. The formula of negative TP is
    TP Reduced= Damage Dealt *2

It *could* and it would be easy to test but I highly doubt it, especially for Soul Jump+Cuissots, since that would indicate an Augments Soul Jump, not Enhances Soul Jump. To reiterate, Enhance=existing effects+, Augment=Adds a new property/effect.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That phrasing is hardly to be relied upon though. While SE has corrected(remember valor surcoat?) some of them over the years, I'm pretty certain there's still misleading gear descriptions hanging around.

One example would be Gallant coronet. According to all accounts, it allows cover to redirect single target spells. Surely that's considered an Augment?

Now, to possibly undermine my own argument. Personally, I think cover may redirect spells even without the coronet. And it merely increases the proc rate. (cause it's certainly not 100% with coronet.)

All that Aside, considering the ease of the test, we may as well check for TP DMG on soul/cuissots.

EDIT: Oh, that's one. Fenian Ring. "Augments Shield Bash", but as far as we can tell, it just adds dmg+. Are we missing something, or did SE's inconsistencies strike again?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Kind of random, but I was leeching xp in dynamis - xarcabard today on WAR and I came back and started hitting Kindred Monks with the only weapon I had, Talekeeper (D55). I had a very obvious damage peak in my damage frequency from 50-52. 22/38 hits were in this range, indicating that I had -5 fSTR with 113 STR, so I had at least 23 STR less than the monk's VIT and he had 136~137 VIT.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I did some Conserve TP testing on DNC while fighting Hpmedes.
    38/183 WSs procced Conserve TP, which is 20.77%+/-5.88%

The value I currently have on the page for the trait is 25%, so I don't think I'll change it based on this.

On procs, the average TP saved was 9.38.

Currently I have that it's an even distribution from 1 to 20 TP saved, which would predict a 10.5 TP average. I don't think I'll be changing this either. It is worth noting that the max value observed was 19, though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

JPWiki has DNC having Conserve TP IV at Lv.97 which is 21% proc rate which fits your testing Byrth.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2654/91023214.png

Not surprisingly, Conserve MP also has tiers.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2378/50157927.png

Weird..image tags don't seem to be working...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I was level 90, but 18% is within the margin of error. I'm a little surprised that Conserve TP has Tiers when other Conserve traits don't seem to. I wonder how the JPs get this info. 9 hours of AFKing got me 183 WSs. I could speed it up a little, but at best I'd expect doing it about 3x as fast. It would take days to distinguish 3% trait tiers at that rate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Check the second link in my last post. Conserve MP allegedly has 3 tiers. Most traits have tiers, even ones that our wikis don't have info for like Killer Traits, Crit Defense Bonus, Shield Defense Bonus, Elemental Celerity etc..

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

See, that makes me suspicious of their Conserve TP tests because I've done Conserve MP tests and shown (at most) a 25% proc rate on BLM main at level 90.

Should have had a >33% Conserve MP proc rate based off their table but got the result shown in Test 1:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post4625751

That does not fill me with overwhelming confidence in their results.

Confirmed that it does have tiers with 99 BLM:
    9871 MP : 915 Barspells
    32.3% Proc rate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag