FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They're both gorgeous cars, and I miss them both terribly. I pine for the old days, despite having a "gorgeous car" myself. I remember when my dream car was the 1996 GTO, then the 2001 Prelude Type-SH.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They're both gorgeous cars, and I miss them both terribly.
    Can't be said enough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This thread makes me miss the good old days of "performance car" manufacturing.

Doesn't this thing have a NA 200HP engine? Boring.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They're both gorgeous cars, and I miss them both terribly. I pine for the old days, despite having a "gorgeous car" myself. I remember when my dream car was the 1996 GTO, then the 2001 Prelude Type-SH.
    Hell yeah. Every iteration of both the RX-7 and Supra works for me. The biggest travesty in my mind was how many of the Supra Turbos came with autotragic transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post

It does have a 200 HP NA engine, but it was never built to be a straight line monster, it's basically trying to be a hardtop Miata with a bit more weight, a bit more power, and a bit more back seat.

The most common comparison I've seen so far is to the Porsche Cayman (not as good, but half the price). That's not a bad comparison to be having.

And sure, 200 HP can be boring, but thank the folks from CARB, the EPA, and the NHTSA for making cars bigger, heavier, and worry more about fuel economy and low pollution rather than fun. And thank the people buying cars who want crossovers and beige rolling living rooms.

From everything I've read so far, it seems like a tremendously fun little momentum car. Too soon to say what all in the drivetrain would need beefing up to add any noteworthy amount of power (pre-STI launch), but I would not be surprised at all if nearly everything except the differential runs out of gas between 300-500 HP.

Real cars to cleanse the palate

Also did without, sorry for being an artist!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post

It weighs next to nothing. Its 2.6k and change and it's designed to be a short course car that shines in handling using the Cayman as the benchmark. Considering the regulations requiring safety equipment making the cars heavier, this thing is going to open the door hopefully for more competitive entry level true sports cars. Its really exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    absolutely jizztastic!

What's terrible about what's in the video is that the Scion looks like a really shit interior. The Gt86 has an optional two-tone with really nice materials. The BRZ comes standard with nav and a much nicer interior as well. I have no idea what Toyota is thinking.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I'd kinda like to see that on dry pavement too.

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    What's terrible about what's in the video is that the Scion looks like a really shit interior. The Gt86 has an optional two-tone with really nice materials. The BRZ comes standard with nav and a much nicer interior as well. I have no idea what Toyota is thinking.
    Does the interior looks really matter that much? Also navigation systems would simply add pointless weight!

Am I the only one that likes my Garmin GPS vs the ones that come in the car in the dash?

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Am I the only one that likes my Garmin GPS vs the ones that come in the car in the dash?
    Yes, a dash mount for an iOS or Android device makes much more sense than a Garmin GPS.

Google Maps makes much smarter routing decisions than any in-car or standalone GPS unit I've played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia View Post
    Yes, a dash mount for an iOS or Android device makes much more sense than a Garmin GPS.

Google Maps makes much smarter routing decisions than any in-car or standalone GPS unit I've played with.
    I like my garmin because I use my Android for music when I'm on the road. And the only time I ever use my GPS is for new places or for long trips. And since I fiddle with the phone so much when I'm on long trips from changing music to running raido apps it hardly ever stays on my dash where as my GPS is there for just the map and the map only.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

A bit unrelated, but I just read Acura is finally going to produce the NSX again, first concept to be shown at Detroit Auto Show in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    A bit unrelated, but I just read Acura is finally going to produce the NSX again, first concept to be shown at Detroit Auto Show in 2012.
    Could prove to be interesting. But will be out of mine and probably most peoples price range since I think they're going for supercar status.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Yeah but this new NSX is nothing like the old one if they're indeed going with their HSV-based version. Non-MR layout with v-10 and it doesn't look unique anymore. Looks like everything else out there :/ so sad when I found out about this. Never driven one in real life but such a great car in Gran Turismo lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope they do a driving event for the FRS/BRZ, let people take them for a spin. Similar to the Taste of Lexus event, I forget the names of the Honda, Nissan, and Chevy Versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    I hope they do a driving event for the FRS/BRZ, let people take them for a spin. Similar to the Taste of Lexus event, I forget the names of the Honda, Nissan, and Chevy Versions.
    That would be awesome.