+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Got to test drive one at an FR-S release party last Friday. Unfortunately, they only had the automatic for testing, and the dumbshit salesguy I was initially stuck with kept claiming that there was no manual version, and that the paddle shifters were all you got.

As so... the paddle shifters are a bit slow on the upkeep, having the second or so lag between shifting and kick-in that I would have expected from an auto. Tried a bit of weaving in and out of traffic with it, got it up to about 70 using manual shifts (this is in a 35 MPH zone, mind you) before getting paranoid about getting pulled over on a friggin test drive and getting my friend in trouble. Handled well from what I managed to test.

Talked to my friend who works at the dealership (the one who took me on the test drive, not the stupid guy) and was quoted $27k, with no possibility of a discount. She claims the Scions don't come with markup, and that the price is set. This is at odds with what I'm seeing here.

Decent car (again, from what I managed to see). All the Honda straight-liners here are hating though.... gets annoying. Would definitely like to try out a manual sometime.

Dealership called me, they're getting one this afternoon. They have no idea if its auto or manual or w/e.

The enthusiast in me says the FR-S should be like the SI civic and only come in manual transmission, but that would also limit the people who would buy one. Of course I am split on this decision.

Someone above mentioned how Scion only does that fixed price, what's with car dealers doing that now days? I thought bargaining with the dealer to get a lower price was the fun in getting a new car??

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ok... Seeing it in another color intrigues me, i guess the black just made it look bland and boring, and those tiny ass tires too bug me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

God those lights are horrible. The rest of the car looks well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Weederr33 View Post
    Someone above mentioned how Scion only does that fixed price, what's with car dealers doing that now days? I thought bargaining with the dealer to get a lower price was the fun in getting a new car??
    I'm sure there is wiggle room in the prices, it's just that because this is a new model with people willing to pay MSRP, they have no reason to sell it for anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I'm sure there is wiggle room in the prices, it's just that because this is a new model with people willing to pay MSRP, they have no reason to sell it for anything less.
    They won't wiggle because they don't have to.

Put my deposit in on a Blue one Dx

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have been following this technology for twenty years. Problem is I'm a college student with no income. My Corolla has been treating me well as a point a->b car for the past 4 years, but when I have a job and it comes time for me to get another||second car I'm most likely going to aim for the 86 or the imprezza sti.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Spoiler: show

God this car looks sick.
    I like to replace the audio of this video with night of fire. I'd do it with tubedubber, but it seems to brake on anything that has mandatory starting ads.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LoL

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Weederr33 View Post
    The enthusiast in me says the FR-S should be like the SI civic and only come in manual transmission, but that would also limit the people who would buy one. Of course I am split on this decision.

so they cant try to fuck you on the price with ridiculous markup. I dont remember which car came with like double the msrp markup

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Grats! (assuming)

So how is it so far?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

interesting that they did not even change the wheels between the subaru version and the scion version

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by cosworthrs View Post
    interesting that they did not even change the wheels between the subaru version and the scion version
    We is working from a budgetz

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cosworthrs View Post
    That might be an "option". The ones I saw/test drove had some ugly stock rims. There was only one that had the rims pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Grats! (assuming)

So how is it so far?
    Absolutely amazing car. It stays flat with almost no body roll in sharp turns. It sounds amazing. The shifter and clutch are very snappy. Sound system is OK maybe 7/10 for stock systems, worse than the 2010 legacy better then the 2004 STi. The back seats are all but useless for anything other than lower insurance rates. The steering is stiff even though it's electronic. It's painful having to keep it below 4,000 RPM

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I saw the scion on the road yesterday. Magnificent piece of fucking work it definitely is....

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How many of you like the new kouki version? The car was teased at '13 auto salon but now it's official.

big picture
    Spoiler: show

I like the wheels, but that's it. The front end looks like a fish or something!

Also good to see my thread revived! :D