BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Relic+2 Bonuses and Augments Thread

Created at the request of someone from another thread. Obvious topic is obvious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Everyone who reads this, please remember that you don't need some kind of special permission to post here. Just do it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Etoile Tiara +2 (Enhances Trance) : Increases Trance duration by 20 seconds.

Etoile Casaque +2 (Enhances No Foot Rise) : Gives 5 TP per No Foot Rise level when you use NFR.

Etoile Bangles +2 (Enhances Fan Dance) : 5/5 Fan Dance = 100 damage from 1000 needles without taking a hit. 300 damage after taking 2 hits, etc. I don't think it affects physical damage reduction potency necessarily. 8 hits (floored potency) = 750 damage from 1000 Needles. So it raises the floor by 1% per merit level.

Etoile Tights +2 (Enhances Saber Dance) : 5/5 Saber Dance gives +5% to the base Saber Dance DA rate when worn, similar to the -5% minimum Fan Dance PDT of Etoile Bangles +2.

Here is the proof:

Etoile Shoes +2 (Enhances Closed Position) : Does not appear to add Acc. 299 Acc vs. a 307 Evasion Hpemde gives a 71% hit rate (N=2000). It also does not add critical hit rate (13% predicted and observed). I cannot directly know whether or not it adds attack because positional modifications aren't reflected in the gear menu, but I think there is a pretty good chance that this enhancement is not worthwhile.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

this is not personal experience, but from the neo-dynamis thread

Quote Originally Posted by dem0nfr0g View Post
    Just tested the War. Mufflers.. add 15 seconds to the duration of mighty strikes.... 33% increase is pretty nice. Should be able to get at least an extra WS in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Finished the augment on THF hands ......... She said it just added 10s to PD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Warrior's Calligae +2 : Same Berserk enhancement as the NQ (goes away when removed).

Enhances Tomahawk testing against a pot in Abyssea - Grauberg. :: Tomahawk 1/5
    No Tomahawk : 277 Flash Nova
    Normal Tomahawk : 346 Flash Nova
    Enhanced Tomahawk : 350 Flash Nova

Tomahawk allegedly reduces special damage reductions (like -50% magic damage taken) by 25%. So the math goes:
    277*2 = 554
    544*(.5 + .5*.25) = 346 (Okay, works out)
    350/555 = .63063... uglynumber 1
    351/554 = .63357... uglynumber 2

The real number is between uglynumber 1 and uglynumber 2. It is less than a 27% Tomahawk but more than a 26% tomahawk. A number like 34/128 works (compared to 32/128 for normal Tomahawk).

Testing 2 :: Tomahawk 5/5
    Brewed Herculean Slash (no dINT component)
    Enhanced Tomahawk : 12733
    No Tomahawk : 9760
    19520 = no special defense
    12733/19521 = .652...
    12734/19520 = .652...
    39/128 fits

But why doesn't it scale nicely?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

With 2/5 Dia III, Orphannus and I could not see any change in Dia III's defense down or DoT effect with Duelist's Chapeau +2. Its duration was also fairly short (no timestamp), so I'm betting it's not that.
    With 5/5 Slow II and no hat, Reraise = 77 seconds
    With 5/5 Slow II, hat, and a net MND +1, Reraise = 77 seconds

I am not sure what these pieces are doing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Summoner's Horn +2 adds 30 seconds to Astral Flow duration, doing tests on the rest in a few.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Did you test @ 1/5 Fan Dance to make sure it's not just adding a flat 5% to the floor?

(Though I guess most of the others seem to be scaling by # of merits, so there's that)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

atm, Summoner's Doublet isn't showing any changes in MP cost for group 2 merits when equipped, nor is any change apparent when using a BP.

Enhances EES adds about 20% damage. Without legs I did 3368 with legs I did 4131.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Monk Relic+2

Melee Crown +2 Enhances Penance reduces a mobs TP gain from -25% to -35% @5/5. So looks like an additional 2%/merit as shown by nivlakian's testing.

Melee Cyclas +2 Regen bumped from +1 to +2/tick. Enhances Formless Strikes grants an additional 2%dmg, so 1 merit = 62% of normal melee hits, 5merits = 90%. Additionally each merit adds 6secs to duration. Tested with 1 merit(3mins 6secs) to 5merits(3mins 30secs).

Melee Gloves +2 Enhances Invigorate Increases Regen effect by 2hp/tic for each merit. Enhances Chakra III increases modifier from .6 to .8 x VIT. Already widely known but figured I'd throw it in anyway. Also now remove plague status.

Melee Hose +2 Enhances Hundred Fists increases duration from 45secs to 60secs.

Melee Gaiters +2 Enhances Mantra effect increases HP% increase from 4%/merit to 6%/merit. Went from 12% @ 3 merits to 18%, and 20% @ 5merits to 30%. Increases Counter attack adds 10dmg to counters. Didn't notice an increase to Counterstance's counter rate, appears to be the same.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Summoner Relic +2

Summoner's Horn +2 :
    Enhances Astral Flow = Astral Flow duration +30 seconds. No damage bonus.

Summoner's Doublet +2 :
    Reduces Sp. Blood Pact MP cost = 8 MP saved (182 -> 174).

Summoner's Bracers +2 :
    Inc. Sp. Blood Pact magic burst dmg. = MAB+8 on MB

Summoner's Spats +2 :
    Shortens magic recast time for elemental avatars = Spirit spell recast timer -5 (no change)

Summoner's Pigaches +2 :
    MAGICAL critical hit rate +5% = MAB+10
    Increases Sp. Blood Pact crit. dmg. = MAB+14 (4 more MAB)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Etoile Bangles +2 (Enhances Fan Dance) : 5/5 Fan Dance = 100 damage from 1000 needles without taking a hit. 300 damage after taking 2 hits, etc. I don't think it affects physical damage reduction potency necessarily. 8 hits (floored potency) = 750 damage from 1000 Needles. So it raises the floor by 1% per merit level.

Etoile Tights +2 (Enhances Saber Dance) : 5/5 Saber Dance gives +5% to the base Saber Dance DA rate when worn, similar to the -5% minimum Fan Dance PDT of Etoile Bangles +2.
    Is this just when you use the ability or do you need to keep them on with FD/SD up and they add their bonuses while on? If so then head is meh I guess, hands would be decentish WSing hands for when SD is up. If you can just macro them in when you pop the ability though then that's sweet.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Is this just when you use the ability or do you need to keep them on with FD/SD up and they add their bonuses while on? If so then head is meh I guess, hands would be decentish WSing hands for when SD is up. If you can just macro them in when you pop the ability though then that's sweet.
    Saber Dance is on the pants. Which also have 4% haste. They're totally worth TPing in even if you need to keep them on.

(Though I *think* you can do better if you don't need to.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Summoner's Pigaches +2 :
    MAGICAL critical hit rate +5% = MAB+10
    Increases Sp. Blood Pact crit. dmg. = MAB+14 (4 more MAB)
    Thanks for the info. I knew more Attack and Crit Rate was too good to be true, why the fuck did I waste my time augmentting those. Least Hands are OK till Hadean/Goliard +5

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Refresh from Cleric's Briault +2 is 2/tick. Still no idea what enhanced Benediction does, doesn't remove weakness which would have been nice.

Edit: Enhances 'Meikyo Shisui' on SAM feet cuts WS cost down to 75 TP.

Masamune

For all those "Enhances JAx" where JAx has a duration, noone tested if the enhancement goes away when desequipped after use of the JA ? (except Byrth with Warrior feet+2)

IMHO this should be 1st thing to test before figuring what the enhancement does...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Refresh from Cleric's Briault +2 is 2/tick.
    Is the enhanced regen improved?

Masamune

Found this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar
    Head - Increases damage bonus by 10%. Presumably also enhances accuracy bonus by 10, but not testing that.
    Body - Adds an additional 25 TP to Enchainment.
    Hands - Increase duration of Azure Lore by 10 seconds.
    Legs - Unnoticeable effect.
    Feet - Increases buff duration by 25%.
    Then:
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRough
    I'm assuming that they only need to be equipped during the activation of the ability and not the whole duration (right?).
    ...answered with:
    Yes
    ... so that confirms even more the need to test if need or not to keep the piece equipped, given some of those enhancements are quite nice.

...and then found also this :
    Enchainment is a trait, not a Job Ability. The TP bonus is applied when the spell is cast, not when the JA is used. Swapping it in only for Chain Affinity will not work.
    ...sound confusing compared to 1st post...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seems uniform, since the others are based on Job Abilities they only need to be equipped then the ability is activated, but the two based on Traits have to remain equipped (body), or have an unnoticeable effect (legs).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast