BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Refresh from Cleric's Briault +2 is 2/tick. Still no idea what enhanced Benediction does, doesn't remove weakness which would have been nice.

Edit: Enhances 'Meikyo Shisui' on SAM feet cuts WS cost down to 75 TP.
    Just to clarify, you have to keep the feet equipped to get the reduced TP cost during Meikyo Shisui. If you switch feet then weapon skills still cost 100 TP.

Regen potency is 7/tick for Regen (+2), 15/tick for Regen II (+3), 25/tick for Regen III (+5), 37/tick for Regen IV (+7). So an improvement over NQ/+1.

Edit: Enhances Protectra V effect on +2 feet gives an extra +2 defence per merit. Lame!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Does anyone know of a good way to test casting time? At the moment I just finished upgrading my Koga kyahan +2 with "Reduces elem. ninjutsu III casting time" and by human eye I can't seem to discern the difference between having them on and not having them on.

Either they're glitched, or the difference is so small its not noticeable by eyeballing, lol. :san nukes fire off at 80% with and without them on.

This was tested with both my 5/5 Hyoton san and my other 1/5 :San spells

Does anyone know of a good way to test casting time? At the moment I just finished upgrading my Koga kyahan +2 with "Reduces elem. ninjutsu III casting time" and by human eye I can't seem to discern the difference between having them on and not having them on.

Either they're glitched, or the difference is so small its not noticeable by eyeballing, lol. :san nukes fire off at 80% with and without them on.

This was tested with both my 5/5 Hyoton san and my other 1/5 :San spells
    From what I can tell, those things are glitched, just like the Koga Hatsuburi augment is. I've posted about it on OF, hopefully it'll get passed along.

I have not tested these myself, but this is info I have gathered from JP sources:

Assassin's Bonnet +2: Enhances Aura Steal allows the dispel/steal of 2 effects instead of 1.
    Assassin's Vest +2: The crit damage bonus is 3%.

Cleric's Pantaloons +2: -1/256 MDT per merit to Shellra V.

Sorcerer's Potato +2: +3% AMII damage per merit.
    Sorcerer's Coat +2: Refresh +2 (Big surprise), Manafont +30s.
    Sorcerer's Gloves +2: -4% AMII cast time per merit.
    Sorcerer's Sabots +2: -4% AMII spell cost per merit.
    (So if I'm not mistaken a fully-merited AMII with the hat will be somewhere around the strength of Aero V, with slightly lower MP cost if you have the boots. With the gloves they'll cast a bit faster as well. It's too bad the boots have pretty meh stats though)

Abyss Cuirass +2: BW +10s.

Bard's Justaucorps +2: Troubadour +20s.

Commodore Culottes +2: Snake Eye has a chance of having 0 recast.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Edit: Derp, re-read your post. I guess these will be general questions then.

* How did you measure the reduction in ancient magic cast time?
    * Is Troubadour actually 4 seconds per merit level?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh, wow. seriously? well I hope it gets fixed then, because I was really looking forward to the head augment :<

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wyrm Armet +2: Boosts Healing Breath potency modifier from +66% to +95%, boosts elemental breath by an extra 5%. The Deep Breathing Enhancement is tough to test but is a definite improvement.

Wyrm Mail +2: Adds 20 seconds to Spirit Surge.

Wyrm Finger Gauntlets +2: Adds an additional -1% Defense Down to "Angon" per merit for a total of -25% Defense Down when fully merited.

Wyrm Brais +2: Increased enmity loss from 66%(+1 Brais) to 75%. The strafe bonus is unknown, believed to add increased m.acc but no other special bonuses or effects were obvious.

Wyrm Greaves +2: Lengthens the duration of buffs transferred to the Wyvern via Empathy+Spirit Link by 5% per merit for a total of +25% duration to transferred buffs with 5/5 Empathy. Note the +25% bonus is additive to whatever the remaining duration of the buff(s) that are on you are before being transferred.

Testing RDM pieces, the bonuses to Phalanx,Slow II and Dia 2 do not enhance potency but seem to enhance duration only, going to presume the same is to be said for Paralyze II and Blind II as well. Disappointing but keeping in line with SE's style of buffing RDM's melee capability via Fast Cast and increasing duration of spells thereby decreasing the time spent recasting buffs/debuffs(hence Saboteur, Composure,AF3+2 etc)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wyrm Brais +2: Increased enmity loss from 66%(+1 Brais) to 75%. The strafe bonus is unknown, believed to add increased m.acc but no other special bonuses or effects were obvious.
    So you tested the +1 Brais to be -66% enmity loss? We had been previously assuming they were the same as the NQ, I thinik. Previously the progression for High Jump was supposedly:
    DRG Main: -50%
    DRG Sub: -30%
    DRG Main with AF2 (or AF2+1) pants: -60%

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'll run the test again but I'm pretty sure it is. Also the JP text file for the AF2+2 lists the brais as "Enhances High Jump II" and I didn't notice any bonus TP or damage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, I wasn't doubting that the enmity suppression has increased. I was just wondering what AF2 NQ/+1 were originally.

spider123

Devotion Augment on Cleric's Cap +2:

HP at time of test: 1380 - Devotion Merits@3
    Expected result: 345 (25% HP)
    With Cleric's Cap +2: 448

Increased merits to 5/5 Devotion: 517 Devotion with Cap+2.

Not a math expert, so someone else can figure out the bonus percentage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like an additional 2.5% per merit. Not bad really

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finished Abyss Feet+2a this morning, whats the best way to test aug Desperate Blows? I was thinking off dropping my merits to 4/5 and see if its still capped.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The MP conversion rate of the Valor Surcoat +2's "Augments Cover" effect looks to be 30%. As opposed to the NQ's 20%

Cor Head - Winning streak - +6s per level
    Cor Hands - Fold - Chance to remove 2 busts - 10/10 at 5/5 so likely 20% per level
    Cor Body - Loaded deck - Chance to restore 3 JAs instead of 1 - 4/5 at 5/5. 0/3 at level 1/5. Seems to have the same chance of not restoring abilities if there are less than 4 JAs waiting on recast.
    Cor Legs - Snake eye - Occasionally reduces Snake Eyes recast to 0. Worked 12/30 times at 5/5.
    Cor Feet - Wild card - NFC

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

COR legs were reported to give Snake Eye a certain chance of having no recast.

Wild Card enhancement on feet is unknown and probably hard to figure out. I'd bet it just eliminates one of the shitty roll options, but how many times would you have to use a 2-hour to figure it out?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    COR legs were reported to give Snake Eye a certain chance of having no recast.

Wild Card enhancement on feet is unknown and probably hard to figure out. I'd bet it just eliminates one of the shitty roll options, but how many times would you have to use a 2-hour to figure it out?
    20 times without seeing a 1 would indicate it's 97% likely that 1s can't happen.

Given that you can reset your two hour just by talking to the GM moogle, and you can use Wild Card right outside the MH, I bet you could get the test done in 15 minutes or less.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Since I haven't seen it posted anywhere Sam hands +2 give a extra tick to meditate.

I believe I got everything but a 1 in about 10 tries. I'll hop on after I eat double check since I'm already geared up for the test. I'll look into snake eye as well.

EDIT: Snake eye confirmed. Hit a 1 on my 9th Wild Card. Still no clue what it does. It doesn't push whatever you roll to the next tier. It doesn't eliminate any numbers. It doesn't seem to affect current rolls in any way. In 20 or so tries it's recast was never lower than 2 hours. It's possible whatever it does requires a party member to test.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My current guess is it might let rolls other than V VI reset 2 hours. (Which would require another party member to test, yeah, since you can never reset Wild Card)

THF head - Aura Steal - Occ steal 2 buffs instead of 1. 7/7 at 5/5 so probably 20% per level.
    THF Body - Ambush - Don't care.
    THF Hands - Perfect Dodge - Increases Duration by 10s
    THF Legs - Feint - Increases Evasion Down - Unknown amount per level
    THF Feet - Assassin's Charge - NFC