BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Test if Desperate Blows adds "Fast Cast" or a chance at Quick Magic. Kind of fits along the theme of 'speeding up attacks' since it normally speeds up melee, perhaps the boots let you sped up your magic?
    Somebody would have noticed fast cast since they already asked if Desperate Blows only affects melee, implying they tried to measure the JA Haste with recasts.

I would also bet money, in different words anyway, that SE is retarded and increased the per-merit without increasing JA haste cap. Except that if you 4/5 it for 1% extra haste per you only get 24% haste and an extra category point to spend on... Muted Soul?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Hmm, so basically the AF2+2 set is only good for macroing in your 5/5 merit BP. And thus it does not affect the physical lv70 BPs? Therefore, the Blood Boon set bonus from AF3+2 would still win on all BPs that are not 5/5 or Astral Flow?
    Personally wouldn't use the set bonus from AF3+2 for anything, Mix and Match will nearly always win unless you have nothing else to use in those slots (see: hands slot unless you have H.Hands). Saying that, I wouldn't use the full AF2+2 set for anything other then BP timers and even then it's now overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Somebody would have noticed fast cast since they already asked if Desperate Blows only affects melee, implying they tried to measure the JA Haste with recasts.

I would also bet money, in different words anyway, that SE is retarded and increased the per-merit without increasing JA haste cap. Except that if you 4/5 it for 1% extra haste per you only get 24% haste and an extra category point to spend on... Muted Soul?
    Right. I tested for magic haste using dread spikes recast and it was the full 3 minutes so that rules out fast cast as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Here are the ones we still don't know about:
    Warrior's Lorica +2
    Warrior's Cuisses +2
    Sorcerer's Tonban +2
    Assassin's Vest +2
    Assassin's Culottes +2
    Assassin's Poulaines +2
    Valor Coronet +2
    Valor Leggings +2
    Abyss Burgeonet +2
    Abyss Gauntlets +2
    Abyss Flanchard +2
    Abyss Sollerets +2
    Monster Gaiters +2
    Bard's Roundlet +2
    Bard's Cuffs +2
    Scout's Bracers +2
    Scout's Socks +2
    Saotome Kabuto +2
    Koga Hatsuburi +2 (Broken?)
    Koga Chainmail +2 (Works as they said?)
    Koga Tekko +2 (One report said that this allowed NTE to work with Futae. Is that it?)
    Koga Hakama +2
    Koga Kyahan +2 (Broken?)
    Wyrm Armet +2
    Summoner's Spats +2
    Mirage Shalwar +2 (Should be important, yet not obvious so probably unimportant)
    Commodore Culottes +2
    Commodore Bottes +2 (Did I miss something about these two?)
    Pantin Taj +2 (Should be important, yet it is non-obvious so it is probably unimportant)
    Pantin Tobe +2
    Pantin Dastanas +2
    Pantin Churidars +2
    Etoile Toe Shoes +2
    Argute Mortarboard +2
    Argute Bracers +2
    Argute Pants +2

Some of them look easy to test, some of them look important to test, and some of them look nigh impossible to test.

You should add the commodore frac to the list because I derped and forgot that it has enhances random deal on it and the 3 JA restore I'm sure comes from that. So I'm not sure exactly what the loaded deck enhancement does. Maybe more restore accuracy on the 2nd and 3rd JAs? I'll look into it tomorrow.

I tested the feint enhancement on THF feet to be increased evasion down but couldn't get an exact amount since I tossed most of my gear on the test server.

I'm sure the ambush enhancment is more acc but it would be just terrible to test since the bonus isn't reflected in /check as far as I know.

Duelist's Tabard+2: Fast Cast is now 12 instead of 10, Chainspell +20s.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Current Known Issues (Jan. 4)
    Jan. 4, 2012 07:25 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Following the version update that took place on Dec. 15, 2011, the issue listed below has been confirmed. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue is addressed.

[Issue details]

- An issue wherein the augment “Enhances Overwhelm effect” on the item “Saotome Domaru +2” grants players higher TP than intended when using a multi-hit weapon skill.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    I guess that tells us what that does, I guess nobody noticed it was +2 TP per hit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by InsaniacTHF View Post
    Right. I tested for magic haste using dread spikes recast and it was the full 3 minutes so that rules out fast cast as well.
    I spent an hour swinging with +2a feet on last night. Nothing to report. Safe to say its an enhancement per merit but still capped by 25% JA cap.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I spent an hour swinging with +2a feet on last night. Nothing to report. Safe to say its an enhancement per merit but still capped by 25% JA cap.
    If so, called it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just an idea to try,
    Did anyone tried if Desperate Blows could work with a 1 hand weapon with these feet?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    I guess that tells us what that does, I guess nobody noticed it was +2 TP per hit.
    The initial testing, I heard it was 2tp/merit for 10tp extra.

Was that tested with a single hit ws?

if not, I'm gonna be pissed I just dropped 2.5m in hopes, lol. Got it since I don't have a rose strap to be able to keep a better xhit w/ top haste, that 10 tp/ws would have been able to do that lol

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm thankful for the testing, but I don't think it's safe to say it's a ja haste augment without testing 4/5 merits, and showing above 20% ja haste.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    The initial testing, I heard it was 2tp/merit for 10tp extra.

Was that tested with a single hit ws?

if not, I'm gonna be pissed I just dropped 2.5m in hopes, lol. Got it since I don't have a rose strap to be able to keep a better xhit w/ top haste, that 10 tp/ws would have been able to do that lol
    Apparently: 76 TP returns on Stardiver.

Makes me wonder if you could squeeze a little more STP and Misers Roll it for 100 TP...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Penta Nerf deja vu lol.
    I think it would be an awesomly powerful and ironic idea if DRG's new meritable 2hr gave us a massive Conserve TP/Store TP so that we get huge returns on Weapon Skills for 45-60 seconds that harkens back to the pre-penta nerf days. Imagine getting 60-80% TP back from Stardiver for 60 seconds? Think it would be more useful than spirit surge.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I finished the Abyss Cuirass +2 Augmented yesterday, just wanted to say that you can switch to another body just after using blood weapon and the +10 sec stay active

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Finished my Abyss Sollerets +2 tonight. (I've been slacking, I know.... Just ridiculously busy lately.) Ruled out JA Haste (for 2H or 1H), WS DMG+, Crit Dmg+

JA Haste test:

Naked except staff + boots.
    Desperate Blows merits @ 4/5
    Recorded 10 attack frames

Base: 1788 frames (Avg: 5.96s per attack round)
    LR: 1438 frames (Avg: 4.77s per attack round)
    LR + Hasso: 1356 frames (Avg: 4.52s attack round)

That follows the predicted pattern, so it doesn't appear to give any extra JA Haste.

Crit Attack Bonus was tested by firing Ranged Attacks outside Bastok /w and w/o LR up... no damage difference.

WS DMG+ was tested by using Infernal Scythe /w and w/o LR up... no damage difference.

Tested LR using a 1H weapon, but no delay difference.

Any ideas, feel free to PM or leave em around. I'll try to get more testing done later.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Other ideas for LR:

- Buffs Occult Accumen
    - Gives a passive Scarlet Delirium/Afflatus Misery-like effect or Lower HP=enhanced damage
    - +Accuracy
    - +Magic Accuracy
    - Quick magic
    - Conserve TP
    - Reduced Enmity
    - Chance to absorb physical damage
    - Reduces the target's TP directly with each hit or like a Penance-TP accumulation redux effect.
    - Chance to intimidate during LR.
    - Double/Triple/Quadruple Attacks
    - Counter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could try just parsing with it and without it under uncapped acc/att/fstr/Ddex/etc conditions over a long period of time and see if it even has any effect in your dps at all to kinda help cover several things at once

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fallout from testing the new stuff from today.

Saotome Haidate +2
    Enhance "Shikikoyo"
    Retain 10% of the TP you give someone per merit, they still get full TP.

Test Data
    1 Merit 180 TP -> 108 TP, 300 TP -> 120 TP
    5 Merits 180 TP -> 140 TP, 300 TP -> 200 TP

Cleric's Mitts +2
    Enhance "Martyr V"
    10% Boost per merit, still eats 25% of user's HP.

Test Data (MNK/RDM to bottom out HP, WHM 1000 HP)
    No feet 500
    1 Merit 550 HP
    5 Merits 750 HP

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Other ideas for LR:

- Buffs Occult Accumen
    - Gives a passive Scarlet Delirium/Afflatus Misery-like effect or Lower HP=enhanced damage
    - +Accuracy
    - +Magic Accuracy
    - Quick magic
    - Conserve TP
    - Reduced Enmity
    - Chance to absorb physical damage
    - Reduces the target's TP directly with each hit or like a Penance-TP accumulation redux effect.
    - Chance to intimidate during LR.
    - Double/Triple/Quadruple Attacks
    - Counter

Definitely not counter, DA/TA/QA or intimidate. Its probably increased parry rate knowing SE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast