+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Corrections on my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Summoner Relic +2

Summoner's Horn +2 :
    Enhances Astral Flow = Astral Flow duration +30 seconds. No damage bonus.

Summoner's Doublet +2 :
    Reduces Sp. Blood Pact MP cost = 8 MP saved (182 -> 174).

Summoner's Bracers +2 :
    Inc. Sp. Blood Pact magic burst dmg. = MAB+8 on MB

Summoner's Spats +2 :
    Shortens magic recast time for elemental avatars = Spirit spell recast timer -5 (no change)

Summoner's Pigaches +2 :
    MAGICAL critical hit rate +5% = MAB+10
    Increases Sp. Blood Pact crit. dmg. = MAB+14 (4 more MAB)
    Summoner's Doublet +2 :
    Reduces Sp. Blood Pact MP cost =
    174 MP (-8) if BP 1/5
    145 MP (-37) if BP 5/5 (my Perp Cost was 0, no Auto-Refresh or Blood Boon proc)

Summoner's Bracers +2 :
    Inc. Sp. Blood Pact magic burst dmg. =
    MAB+8 on MB if BP 1/5
    MAB+40 on MB if BP 5/5 (same as wearing Nirvana 90/Eidolon Pendant/Tiresia's Cape/Caller's Sash)

Summoner's Pigaches +2 :
    Increases Sp. Blood Pact crit. dmg. =
    MAB+14 (+4 MAB) if BP 1/5
    MAB+30 (+20 MAB) if BP 5/5 (same as wearing Nirvana 85)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Finished Abyss Feet+2a this morning, whats the best way to test aug Desperate Blows? I was thinking off dropping my merits to 4/5 and see if its still capped.
    Cool, i cant wait anymore to know what this part do to Desperate blows

Noticed nothing like an attack bonus, STP bonus, accuracy bonus or something like that?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Finished Abyss Feet+2a this morning, whats the best way to test aug Desperate Blows? I was thinking off dropping my merits to 4/5 and see if its still capped.
    i think somebody a while back was testing the cap on marches by using fraps and seeing how many more swings they were getting per a set amount of frames

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bugs me to think somebody would count frames between swings. If anything count the frames between your TP going up from the swing.

Or count how many swings in three minutes with a relatively fast weapon, switching a grip to dump TP as needed to keep counting. Should be 40 vs 45 swings with 528 delay and capped gear haste if it bumped Desperate Blows to 6% per merit and raised JA haste cap by 5%, but this I doubt.

Since it says Desperate Blows instead of Last Resort I think it's safe to assume there's no Attack or Defense silliness, but that doesn't rule out accuracy. Quick test is to put yourself just below the 'low evasion' check threshold and pop it.

Also some hits with/without on level 1 mobs could reveal something I think would be really interesting but fairly low possibility, but more likely than raising or breaking the JA haste cap.

I checked for Acc last night. No dice. Also checked for Magic haste, Att, Def, and DA/TA. Even less dice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by InsaniacTHF View Post
    I checked for Acc last night. No dice. Also checked for Magic haste, Att, Def, and DA/TA. Even less dice.

Definitely nothing obvious. My next check is to drop to 4/5 DB and see if it still hits the 25% cap.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mentioned it elsewhere and I highly doubt it is this but has anyone checked to see if it makes Desperate Blows active without Last Resort up? Although that would have been really noticeable when testing so guessing it doesn't do that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I mentioned it elsewhere and I highly doubt it is this but has anyone checked to see if it makes Desperate Blows active without Last Resort up?

I can check when I get home....pretty sure I would have noticed that though, but wasn't looking for it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I mentioned it elsewhere and I highly doubt it is this but has anyone checked to see if it makes Desperate Blows active without Last Resort up? Although that would have been really noticeable when testing so guessing it doesn't do that.
    If it is this, it should be fucking amazing lol +25% JA haste full time feet, and you still can cap you 26% gear haste easy with theses feet equiped
    Cant beleive,

I have 16k~ exp left (forget to use the exp ring -_- 25 exp per mob on 6 man group) on thoses feet cant wait to try it lol
    I should try duo or solo for more exp + the exp ring it should be fast on DC mobs i guess.
    Annyone got a special tips to get dyna exp faster on DRK?

It was definitely not up before I used Last Resort but I didn't check to see if it maybe extended the duration past when last resort wore off which could be the case. It would probably be 5 seconds per level which would mean you could keep desperate blows up 84% of the time with max LR recast merits. Totally worth looking into but I doubt that's what it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Increase ws dmg? Allows it to go past the ja haste cap without adding more than what it already did?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by diasetsu View Post
    Melee Crown +2 Enhances Penance reduces a mobs TP gain from -30% to -45% @5/5. 3/5 reducd -39%, so looks like an additional 3%/merit. I know all the wiki info is 25% for regular penance, but it is definitely -30%, which is what I always had it at from tests when it came out. Didn't know wiki's numbers were listed at -25%. 10hits w/out chi gave colibri 35tp, with penance no crown gave 25tp, -25% would be 27tp.
    I am not sure you took into account dAGI when you did your tests.

BRD/WHM with Treat staff II (356 delay, base 9.2tp/hit, 12.2tp/hit to mob)
    Casted stoneskin and AGI song (swift/quick etude) on self with seiryu's kote to ensure capped dAGI.
    Used Carrion Crows in West Sarutubaruta (S) and Virelai > pettp after 10 hits

10 hits = 61tp (50% of base as expected)
    10 hits with 5/5 penance effect on = 45tp (25% less)
    10 hits with 5/5 penance and (aug) Melee Crown +2 = 39tp (35% less)

It seems more likely the enhancement is +2% per merit in this case and the base for penance is actually 25% as originally thought.

Edit:
    To further elaborate, in the original given test, he gives 35tp in 10 hits which is 3.5tp/hit given.
    3.5 * (1 - 0.3) = 2.45, game should truncate this after the tenths place to 2.4
    2.4 x 10 = 24 whereas 25tp is reported.

3.5 * (1 - 0.25) = 2.62, game should truncate this after the tenths place to 2.6
    Neither of these fit the information given and suggest that dAGI may have changed between mobs to cause a 0.1tp difference per strike.

In my test:
    61tp after 10 hit is 6.1tp/hit.
    6.1 * (1 - 0.25) = 4.575, game should treat this as 4.5
    4.5 x 10 = 45tp after 10 strikes as reported

6.1 * (1 - 0.35) = 3.965, game should treat this as 3.9
    3.9 x 10 = 39tp after 10 strikes as reported.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Bugs me to think somebody would count frames between swings. If anything count the frames between your TP going up from the swing.

Or count how many swings in three minutes with a relatively fast weapon, switching a grip to dump TP as needed to keep counting. Should be 40 vs 45 swings with 528 delay and capped gear haste if it bumped Desperate Blows to 6% per merit and raised JA haste cap by 5%, but this I doubt.

Since it says Desperate Blows instead of Last Resort I think it's safe to assume there's no Attack or Defense silliness, but that doesn't rule out accuracy. Quick test is to put yourself just below the 'low evasion' check threshold and pop it.

Also some hits with/without on level 1 mobs could reveal something I think would be really interesting but fairly low possibility, but more likely than raising or breaking the JA haste cap.
    Counting the frames between the start of two attacks and the frames between two TP gains should come out to be the same. While there are a few different animations that can be used each time you attack, and each vary in length/duration, when the attack animation starts is not subject to that kind of variation. I've done a lot of testing with attack delay/counting frames, and overall it's very consistent, but it doesn't provide the kind of accuracy you get with damage calculation or spell recasts. I often only use 10-20 attack rounds and it never varies by more than ~1% which should be fine for testing Desperate Blows stuffs.

I'm very interested in the Desperate Blows augment myself. I think Raelia is probably right and it's something like an acc boost. Could also be delay-% effect too. Hopefully it's not just straight JA Haste+, since 5/5 merits already caps us . (I would take an extra 5% in magic/eq haste without too many complaints though.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would bet my money on that it increases what each merit point does to it, and in the end you can cap it with 4/5 merits.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Regarding desperate blows, should test crit rate perhaps.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Test if Desperate Blows adds "Fast Cast" or a chance at Quick Magic. Kind of fits along the theme of 'speeding up attacks' since it normally speeds up melee, perhaps the boots let you sped up your magic?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Corrections on my previous post.
    Summoner's Doublet +2 :
    Reduces Sp. Blood Pact MP cost =
    174 MP (-8) if BP 1/5
    145 MP (-37) if BP 5/5 (my Perp Cost was 0, no Auto-Refresh or Blood Boon proc)

Summoner's Bracers +2 :
    Inc. Sp. Blood Pact magic burst dmg. =
    MAB+8 on MB if BP 1/5
    MAB+40 on MB if BP 5/5 (same as wearing Nirvana 90/Eidolon Pendant/Tiresia's Cape/Caller's Sash)

Summoner's Pigaches +2 :
    Increases Sp. Blood Pact crit. dmg. =
    MAB+14 (+4 MAB) if BP 1/5
    MAB+30 (+20 MAB) if BP 5/5 (same as wearing Nirvana 85)
    Hmm, so basically the AF2+2 set is only good for macroing in your 5/5 merit BP. And thus it does not affect the physical lv70 BPs? Therefore, the Blood Boon set bonus from AF3+2 would still win on all BPs that are not 5/5 or Astral Flow?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Valor Surcoat +2's 'Enhances "Fealty" effect' adds 20 seconds to duration at 5/5 Fealty merits.

I don't know if the bonus varies by merits, but I'm not on the test server and I don't wanna redo my merits to find out.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ahhhh stupid dAGI, yeah i forgot about that part being in the enemy tp formula now. Thanks for redoing that test, now I just feel dumb lol.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Valor Surcoat +2's 'Enhances "Fealty" effect' adds 20 seconds to duration at 5/5 Fealty merits.

I don't know if the bonus varies by merits, but I'm not on the test server and I don't wanna redo my merits to find out.
    I think every single one of them so far where it's been tested has varied with the number of merits, so it's probably 4 seconds per merit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast