BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gameinformer gave this a 9.5

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gameinformer panders towards pre-order numbers for Gamestop (since they own GI)

That being said, the game still has high ratings everywhere else.

Also:

demo is dull as heck...

nearly unlimited movements, limited number of squadmates, no Skyranger on the map, tiny maps...it basically boils down to walking up to a spot in aliens' proximity and pressing x to win (since shooting/throwing grenades doesn't cost time units anymore and it's nearly 100% accurate for both sides now, although a sniper missed a headshot from 3 feet away for some reason) with very little regard to cover or strategy.

Also bad and twitchy (while looking around the map) graphics, sub-par, generic score (they could've just used the music from the original, it was chills-down-the-spine-inducing tier...), no atmosphere whatsoever (the original XCOM had plenty of it, now it's like "here's a bunch of stupid looking alienz go and frag them Master Chief), atrocious character design (hurr durr spess mahreens and cartoon looking aliens, le sigh), clunky controls, etc.

I must've finished the original XCOM like...5 times (the first of which on Amiga, swapping floppy discs left and right like there's no tomorrow) and I REALLY wanted to enjoy this remake, I just hope the full game gets better at some point (not gonna buy it for a while though, I'd rather see it reviewed by fans first).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    demo is dull as heck...

nearly unlimited movements, limited number of squadmates, no Skyranger on the map, tiny maps...it basically boils down to walking up to a spot in aliens' proximity and pressing x to win (since shooting/throwing grenades doesn't cost time units anymore and it's nearly 100% accurate for both sides now, although a sniper missed a headshot from 3 feet away for some reason) with very little regard to cover or strategy.

Also bad and twitchy (while looking around the map) graphics, sub-par, generic score (they could've just used the music from the original, it was chills-down-the-spine-inducing tier...), no atmosphere whatsoever (the original XCOM had plenty of it, now it's like "here's a bunch of stupid looking alienz go and frag them Master Chief), atrocious character design (hurr durr spess mahreens and cartoon looking aliens, le sigh), clunky controls, etc.

I must've finished the original XCOM like...5 times (the first of which on Amiga, swapping floppy discs left and right like there's no tomorrow) and I REALLY wanted to enjoy this remake, I just hope the full game gets better at some point (not gonna buy it for a while though, I'd rather see it reviewed by fans first).
    The Demo isnt a accurate representation of the game to make it a good selling tool because its a demo of the tutorial missions that are highly scripted and set on the easiest difficulty. There's not much you can do on the demo to get a feel for the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    demo is dull as heck...

Use the editor. <_>;

15 part walk through:
    <<link removed due to copyright problems>>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

downloading the game right now, since it should unlock for me at 10pm pst tonight

gonna be the worst wait ever

I ordered through amazon so i can't dl yet QQ

Gamefly shipped this on Saturday, hoping to get it tomorrow! Getting more and more excited. It was this or Dishonored, and I feel like I made the right call.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I ordered through amazon so i can't dl yet QQ
    omg whyyyyyyyyyy

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

/rollsaround

I want to stay up but have to work tomorrow.....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

are you guys going to ironman it? i think it'll be a lot more intense and fun even if the guys i use for a long time are at risk of permadeath

I really think I am going to start with Normal + Ironman. I hesitate a bit, as I kind of want to try Classic + Ironman too. I never played the original, but I like everything I have read/seen about this one. I know that really they are only surface similarities but I own and love Valkyria Chronicles and of course loved every Fire Emblem I could get my hands on. So to have something take parts of each of those that I love and craft them into a much more punishing and difficult game... all for it. Can't wait.

Holy fuck. Classic/Ironman is no joke. Going to start over in the morning lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i've lost 3 soldiers at least already in classic/ironman lol

all i can really say is that hard cover is EVERYTHING. stand behind something flimsy and you're as good as dead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

fucking christ, lost all my top soldiers in what i think is an event battle. game was marred with misclicks. reloading is so stupid cause i keep thinking i'm clicking to switch weapons.

starting over tomorrow lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast