+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

LF CAST/Stream-knowledge: Will this PC handle it?

Hi guys
    So, some of you may know that i recently bumped into streaming. I'm hoping to do more of that, with a couple of buddies and so on. To give all of you the best experience, i would obviously want the quality of the stream to be as great as possible.

I'll receive a 90/90mbit connection soon enough, as in - a month or two, which should allow me to stream 1080p with all the sidegadgets aswell.

The question is however, will my PC be able to handle it?
    MSi GT683 DX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M
    VGA: Nvidia GTX 570M / 1.5GB GDDR5
    RAM: 6GBIT (4 +2)
    HDD: 500GB/7200RPM

> As for programs, i'm planning on using Xsplit ; if any of you have any additional suggestions to what programs would be "neat" to use on the side, please give a shout out.

Kind regards
    FJ

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

What is your capture device? And isn't that machine a laptop? I don't think that will handle 1080p, though streaming in 1080p is also pointless imo. Xsplit beta is free so you can always try it out and see how it runs, I'd recommend starting at 720p60 though. Even if you can stream out at 1080p efficiently on your machine, you have to keep your audience in mind, many of whom may not be able to get it on their end smoothly.

Wirecast is really, really nice from what I've seen but it's also $450, I think Xsplit is only $80 for two years if you buy it before the beta ends.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    What is your capture device? And isn't that machine a laptop? I don't think that will handle 1080p, though streaming in 1080p is also pointless imo. Xsplit beta is free so you can always try it out and see how it runs, I'd recommend starting at 720p60 though. Even if you can stream out at 1080p efficiently on your machine, you have to keep your audience in mind, many of whom may not be able to get it on their end smoothly.

Wirecast is really, really nice from what I've seen but it's also $450, I think Xsplit is only $80 for two years if you buy it before the beta ends.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "my casting device"
    - i was pretty much just planning on just using xsplit and then go ahead with it.

- I heard using another program to capture would be good though, not quite sure. What's your opinion?

Yesh, it's a laptop, :>

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Unless you have enough money for wirecast, xsplit is going to be your best bet. As far as the capture device, I actually just assumed that you were streaming console play, that only comes into play if you are. If you're streaming PC games straight from your desktop you only need the program itself. However, if you're trying to both play current-gen games and stream in 1080p at the same time, likely not going to happen on a laptop. Streaming is a pretty resource-intensive application regardless of program, especially at max resolution. You're probably not going to be able to pull that off on a mobile i5 chip.