Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speaking of Mike Del Mundo, the Elektra book he is drawing with W Haden Blackman is coming out this coming week.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just caught up on Deadly Class, I've been behind on so many series. Pretty awesome. Really digging the art in it.
    Still need to catch up on East of West, Black Science, the Wake, and Trillium

Banned.

BG Level

My god... superior spider-man ending was fucking AWFUL :/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Death of Wolverine by Charles Soule announced today. I'll take six months in the how long until he comes back to life pool.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Death of Wolverine by Charles Soule announced today. I'll take six months in the how long until he comes back to life pool.
    Was it announced "in continuity" I thought it was an alternate earth.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From what I read it's following directly from the events in Wolverine that took away his healing factor so sounds like 616 Marvel to me. Marvel also said it will have ramifications across the entire Marvel universe.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?
    For those of you just in from distant lands, here’s a brief overview of Marvel’s seminal X-Men character Wolverine. Also known as Logan, also known as James Howlett, Wolverine was first introduced in the November of 1974, in issue #180 of The Incredible Hulk. Logan is a mutant who possesses animal-like senses and reflexes, extraordinary regenerative capabilities, a set of claws and skeleton laced with the indestructible metal adamantium, and a nasty temper.

Wolverine was immortal, or close to it thanks to his regeneration and slow aging. He has escaped certain death countless times, and not even writer Mark Millar and artist Steve McNiven’s disturbing, future-set Old Man Logan could finish him off. Today, however, Marvel has announced that the Ol’ Canuknuckle Head’s final card will be punched this September.

EW reports that Wolverine will be killed off in an upcoming 4-part Marvel limited series, appropriately title Death of Wolverine. Issue #1 will premiere September 3rd, 2014. The series will be written by Charles Soule and drawn by Steve McNiven. The “3 Months to Live” arc of this June’s Wolverine solo series will culminate in the character’s demise on September 24th. According to Marvel executive editor Michael Marts:

For a long time, no matter who Wolverine was battling, he’s been the eternal victor. He almost always comes out on top. Now he finally comes up against an adversary that he cannot win against, he cannot fight. What does that mean for this character who’s been around for hundred years?
    According to Soule, who has worked on Marvel’s new Inhumans line and Thunderbolts, the final act of Wolverine’s saga “is meant, in part, as a retrospective for both the character and the audience.” Soules went on to say:

He’s reflecting on his own life as he’s reflecting on his own death. We wanted to have the reader do that at the same time. In each issue, we’re focusing on a different aspect, or a different quintessential Wolverine.
    So what does this mean for the movie version of Wolverine, who has been portrayed by Hugh Jackman since 2000′s X-Men? Well, in a development which echoes last year’s second solo cinematic outing for the character, director James Mangold’s The Wolverine, the comic book version of Logan will lose his healing powers in this summer’s “3 Months to Live” arc.

Coupled with Hugh Jackman’s recent remarks about the “inevitable” recasting of his signature character – along with Jackman’s remarks about who could play the character next in this Yahoo! Screen Q&A video alongside X-Men: Days of Future Past co-stars James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender – this news appears to something both Marvel and Fox have been building towards for some time. The comics unsurprisingly touch on or tease what’s happening in the films, hence properties like Guardians of the Galaxy getting pushed to the forefront when the film began development. It’s all in the marketing.

How permanent will the Death of Wolverine prove to be? Could this be a Death of Superman-esque attempt to not only revamp the character but make him relevant to the comic book audience in a new way? As impermanent as comic book deaths has proven to be in the past, Marts asserts that Marvel’s creative team has made this decision “from a standpoint of finality, of closure.” He elaborated about the ripple effect this will have, saying:

You’re gonna be entering into a world without Wolverine. That affects not only his teammates, but also the Marvel Universe at large. We’ve got a lot of things in the works already.
    http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-death-of-wolverine/
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/25/de...vel-exclusive/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think some good stories can be told as a result of Wolverine's death. Unfortunately, for most of the last 20 years he's been written like shit. A good example is the current Wolverine title, Robinson is really bad.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the most part I've enjoyed Wolverine when he's not the sole focus of whatever comic and/or isn't just thrown in for sales. His role in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was great, and Remender does an excellent job with him as well (X-Force before that was also pretty good). The only super Wolvie focused story I've enjoyed the last few years was Old Man Logan.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree that Remender writes a good Wolverine. Jason Aaron's run with him was decent too. One of my all-time favorite Wolverine stories was Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Soule...pass

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Sup with wolvies kid? Still dead?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nigga, ain't you read Uncanny Avengers?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OH BROTHER.
    Spoiler: show

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Nigga, ain't you read Uncanny Avengers?
    I'm waaaaaay out of all the loops. Have prob a year+ to catch up on all the books not called saga

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I'm waaaaaay out of all the loops. Have prob a year+ to catch up on all the books not called saga
    Daken is currently a horseman of Eimin, Archangel's twin daughter from the future. He was resurrected from a celestial death spore.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Daken is currently a horseman of Eimin, Archangel's twin daughter from the future. He was resurrected from a celestial death spore.
    I really feel like Fox should get Remender to write, at least, the first draft of an X-Force screenplay.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's funny stepping back and reading that's sentence from the PoV of not following the series. Remender takes the dumbest ideas possible and makes them amazing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Comics are often like that. I told my friend that Doc Ock took over Peters body and she said "that is horrible. Why would you read something that dumb?"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's funny stepping back and reading that's sentence from the PoV of not following the series. Remender takes the dumbest ideas possible and makes them amazing.
    What I love about Remender, and other great writers, is that they take things created by other writers and build upon them. The Eternals by Kirby was story-timed the other night and issue 7 was about the Celestials and how they cultivated life on planets. It was the first use of the life spores. Years later Remender uses the same spores but just builds upon them to new heights.