Closed Thread
Page 148 of 229 FirstFirst ... 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So they're literally doing the current Star Wars ongoing and just splitting it into 3 titles with big names attached.

I think I'm OK with that, though I'll still be butthurt that Legacy is going bye bye.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm just really annoyed that with the four books, a TV show, and three comic series coming out now for Star Wars all of them are being shoved right into the same damn time period. You have a thirty year blank slate to play with and instead you're cramming everything into spots between 3 and 4 and 4 and 5. And hell even the main series they are doing is basically what Dark Horse is doing right now with a Star Wars title focused on Luke, Han, and Leia between episode 4 and 5.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

what a huge week. hawkeye and all 3 avengers books

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Awesome Namor and Black Panther stuff in New Avengers.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

GOOD FOR YOU NAMOR

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Low blew me away. I just want to look at it, I don't need to actually read again. I will read it again though.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good god what a week indeed. Avengers out the ass, Hawkguy, and East of West.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can't wait to read Low. Definitely echo the great comic week comments with what's been mentioned also including Fatale, Manhattan Projects, Prophet, and Black Science. Image is just loaded with amazing books now.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DC just took the week off basically. I noticed an Aquaman annual and that was it. Not that it would matter since most DC is pretty bad atm (imo), while Marvel and Image are killing it damn near every week.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

DC had one strong book this week through Vertigo that I forgot to put in my post. The last issue of the Eisner winning best limited series, the Wake came out today. It's definitely worth a look. But yeah, nothing from DC proper, haha.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    DC just took the week off basically. I noticed an Aquaman annual and that was it. Not that it would matter since most DC is pretty bad atm (imo), while Marvel and Image are killing it damn near every week.
    Harley Quinn and Mustache Guy Annual. (and maybe Justice League?)

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I read Low after seeing the posts in here. It was pretty cool, didn't get that fired up since it came just after Namor being awesome

also I sort of feel like UA fizzled there at the end, or something. The story just doesn't feel that wrapped up to me, prob cuz its been going on for damn near 4 years. Surprised it ended with Alex and Janet still being married.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I read Low after seeing the posts in here. It was pretty cool, didn't get that fired up since it came just after Namor being awesome

also I sort of feel like UA fizzled there at the end, or something. The story just doesn't feel that wrapped up to me, prob cuz its been going on for damn near 4 years. Surprised it ended with Alex and Janet still being married.
    And Alex:

Spoiler: show
    being horrible scarred

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I'm actually fuzzy on UA timeline cuz it had been a while since I read them all. Did Alex and Janet get married in the future and then travel back as husband and wife or did they marry in the present and then came back from the future still married and jfc i can't even keep up with what happened in that story cuz it was so cray

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I'm actually fuzzy on UA timeline cuz it had been a while since I read them all. Did Alex and Janet get married in the future and then travel back as husband and wife or did they marry in the present and then came back from the future still married and jfc i can't even keep up with what happened in that story cuz it was so cray
    Married in the future, then came back to the present... I think Days of Future Past style?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I finished up Fatale last night. As much as I love Hickman, Remender, and Rucka, I think Ed Brubaker might have all of them beat with his creator stuff. He wraps up story arcs better than anyone and Fatale ended in such a satisfying way. Cthulhu-inspired horror noir ftw! Looking forward to his return to traditional noir with his Hollywood story the Fade Out. Issue #1 of it is also coming out as an oversized book since he can do whatever the fuck he wants at Image now.

as a side note... it's like 8 hours til I see Guardians HNGNGNNNNNNNNNNNN

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Their consciousness got sent back in time/space, so they have all their memories of the time married even though it hasn't actually happened.

Finally got to read New Avengers during lunch and holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about Namor.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I also loved Strange and Blackbolt and Maximus's king monologue. It took me until then to realize that half the illuminati are kings. And then it made me wish Doom was in it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Decided to actually read Guardians of the Bendis this week, looks like next issue they're finally letting everyone know what's up with Dick Rider.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaTrap View Post
    I finished up Fatale last night. As much as I love Hickman, Remender, and Rucka, I think Ed Brubaker might have all of them beat with his creator stuff. He wraps up story arcs better than anyone and Fatale ended in such a satisfying way. Cthulhu-inspired horror noir ftw! Looking forward to his return to traditional noir with his Hollywood story the Fade Out. Issue #1 of it is also coming out as an oversized book since he can do whatever the fuck he wants at Image now.

as a side note... it's like 8 hours til I see Guardians HNGNGNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Velvet is kicking all kinds of ass