Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I don't know, the game has sold 2 million copies or something. That is fairly substantial. Shows that you can make a game that runs on your dog's iPad (and looks like it) and it still sells like cakes.
    Oh it'll sell, but will it hold? Rift sold stupid well as well, but it didn't hold those millions for more than 6 months or so.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ability delay is really the crippling one. The other complaints, while valid, are things I think can be fixed rather easily and if you believe the community manager, are in the process of being rolled out. I can't blame people for saying they're paying to play a beta but, well, even if they worked on it for 10 years it's not going to equal WoW 3 weeks after launch. They're playing from behind and always will be when the MMO so closely mimics WoW in the first place. That said I think it's different enough to survive but they have to keep moving forward before they lose too much of the playerbase. Quite honestly going F2P wouldn't be a bad idea.

They *must* fix the ability delay and - to a slightly lesser degree - the FPS problem and engine optomization in general. You should be able to clip abilities when your GCD is up, and the glitches when you sometimes can't use abilities or they don't activate properly need to be fixed ASAP as they're gamebreakers. Someone said they wanted the game to have cinematic combat which is bullshit. There's no excuse.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I don't know, the game has sold 2 million copies or something. That is fairly substantial. Shows that you can make a game that runs on your dog's iPad (and looks like it) and it still sells like cakes.
    Which really is part of the problem.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dunno what everyone is so up in arms about, I'm having a lot of fun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    Dunno what everyone is so up in arms about, I'm having a lot of fun.
    Seriously, I haven't had this much fun playing an MMO with people since FFXI. Game is great, and its the first MMO where i'll probably spend a lot of the time in the PvP scene, despite it being incredibly thin right now.

If you go out and start looking for things to shit on, yes you'll find them, but this game is awesome.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Seriously, I haven't had this much fun playing an MMO with people since FFXI. Game is great, and its the first MMO where i'll probably spend a lot of the time in the PvP scene, despite it being incredibly thin right now.

If you go out and start looking for things to shit on, yes you'll find them, but this game is awesome.
    As someone that played FFXI you should know that just enjoying a game doesn't make it inherently good. You may be able to look past the flaws but that doesn't mean the flaws don't exist or don't negatively impact game play and immersion.

The storylines are awesome, the game itself is meh. I predict this will become increasingly obvious as more people hit the level cap and the story ends.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    As someone that played FFXI you should know that just enjoying a game doesn't make it inherently good. You may be able to look past the flaws but that doesn't mean the flaws don't exist or don't negatively impact game play and immersion.

The storylines are awesome, the game itself is meh. I predict this will become increasingly obvious as more people hit the level cap and the story ends.
    I said i'm having fun.

What fucking more is there? Thats the end of the goddamn discussion. that is literally all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    I said i'm having fun.

What fucking more is there? Thats the end of the goddamn discussion. that is literally all that matters.
    I'm having fun playing this game but I had fun playing skyrim and dark souls. And i can tell you I had way more fun on dark souls than skyrim, just like i had way more fun on ffxi than swtor. fun is subjective cuz this game could be MORE fun.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I don't think it's so much that people are looking for things to shit on, but there are certain things you grow accustomed to and expect in a game in 2011. I never realized how nice it was to see different races with different casting/fighting animations until everyone looked exactly the same. The same could be said for interesting armor, smooth combat, an "active" environment, macros, UI problems and having auto-attack (which drives me insane btw). I never thought I'd be bored visually with an MMO that had Star Wars as its backing, but man was I wrong

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    I don't think it's so much that people are looking for things to shit on, but there are certain things you grow accustomed to and expect in a game in 2011. I never realized how nice it was to see different races with different casting/fighting animations until everyone looked exactly the same. The same could be said for interesting armor, smooth combat, an "active" environment, macros, UI problems and having auto-attack (which drives me insane btw). I never thought I'd be bored visually with an MMO that had Star Wars as its backing, but man was I wrong
    Yeah, definitely. It's the fact that the game is fun to play right now that makes all the problems so much worse. If it was a crappy game to play we could have just written it off as another FFXIV.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

To all of u complaining, u must be wrong because lolIGN gave swtor a 9. /sarcasmoff

Ign reviews have become such a joke lately I cant believe they are still a reputable site outside of gaming info since they reviews seem based on how much money a company puts into a game.

Glad I didn't pick up the game in the end because all ur complaints and stuff I didn't like in beta and it feels like they did nothing to fix any of it

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think some blue/green crystals can be used by sith they're the generic endurance/critical crystals (afaik)

As far as the game is concerned, I agree with vrumpt, I'm having a blasty blast with the game.

Gameplay: Yes, its not the most innovative game and this is where it falls short. You're still watching a timer on cool downs and you have the same rules and principals from WoW. This is where the game does have its shortcomings since gameplay is the majority of what you're doing (right? I talk a lot in guild chat and vent). But in reality, its still a new experience for me since I never played WoW.

This game has an incredible story for each class. There's very little reason why you should rob yourself from spacebaring through the class/main planet mission line. The other quests? Yeah they're kind of annoying after a while because you expect them to be bland. But I absolutely love the Bounty Hunter (and trooper up to part 1) story and all of the main planet stories. Not only that, I feel engaged in what I'm doing! Companions give you more consideration in to what you're going to say. The light side / dark side choices are engaging (most of the time they don't effect the end of the quest, but that doesn't matter). The party quest system is amazing. The sounds from Star Wars, from a speeder going by or just the music for each boss fight.

There's a lot of bitching about the game for hardcore players. People who play the game on 10 and 11. After years of playing FFXI (which I still think is a superior experience and I'll forever be a fanboy) - I really wanted something more engaging and fun to play with friends. SWTOR is fun and engaging. The first major update hasn't been released and I haven't even scratched the surface with half of the shit I want to do and I'm excited to do multiple play throughs on alts.

Speaking of alts. I have one main class that I'm absolutely focused on doing end game with (DPS Merc BH). I started to level Sith Jugg because you can't honestly play this game without playing a lightsaber class. I might start playing either Gunslinger or Imperial Agent (because I heard the class story is incredible in comparison to all other classes).

Also, haters gonna hate.

My only gripe is I'm not Battlemaster yet. Seriously what the fuck. The valor curve from 50 > 60 is steep lol (previous + 4k, ending up at around 50k valor for rank 60), made worse from the fact that I can only get like 8-9 wins a night...I wish i was on vacation again ._.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Oh it'll sell, but will it hold? Rift sold stupid well as well, but it didn't hold those millions for more than 6 months or so.
    How much does it matter though? lol. Probably making lotsa profit regardless.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Once they fix ability delay (which IS coming) the game will be golden

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Those of you who have legitimate complaints: Are you passing that feedback to Bioware?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm off for a few months to let the game settle and fix some of the more glaring gameplay issues. I still love it, just have other shit to do at the moment (Snowboarding. More snowboarding. then some snowboarding.)

Have you guys read about the defense issue?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=126847

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post

Its why Juggs arent half as good as PTs or Vanguards atm

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post

yeah this has been reported before and is definitely part of the animation issues with combat.