+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

I wan't to be able to move/resize the UI, and maybe make it more minimalist, but otherwise I don't see a need for addons. Definitely not WoW level addons that forced them to change their entire raid design because of shit people were able to create to trivialize encounters.

The problem with SWTOR is that it is missing some very essential items that no MMO, much less a AAA MMO, made in 2012 should be without: addons, macros, UI API functionality, COMBAT LOG (really? What kind of MMO ships with this) and of course, combat ability delay, which is a make or break point for a lot of people. This is all stuff that's already been said before in this thread but it's worth mentioning again. Ultimately, they need to get that stuff implemented ASAP before the other heavy hitting games of 2012 are released and people lose interest.
    None of those things will make people lose interest - it's been proven 1000x times over that content has to keep being pumped out to keep interest high. No macros, not being able to move/resize UI, and combat log are annoying yes but as long as they get added eventually people will deal with it.

Also, combat log was enabled during alpha/beta, they just disabled it sometime during open beta. I'm not sure on the reasoning but I'm sure it will make it back eventually - I haven't really missed it though, it was only useful to compare my DPS with other guild mates during raids and I'm not hardcore raiding in this game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Ability delay i could care less about. I don't have any issues playing SWTOR, and I really think people are just stupid and don't know how to use the ability queuing system. I really don't know what everybody's problem is, its the flow of the game. I have no issue going with that flow at all.
    Play a fucking melee class and say that with a straight face. It's utterly fucking stupid. Stop defending broken fucking mechanics, fuck. It has nothing to do with ability queues.

No auto attack is fine, but they should have just gotten rid of the GCD which could have helped with animation/ability issues not working some of the time.

People need to seriously take their love for everything BW and SW down a notch and look at the core of the game. It's subpar.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Who says they NEED to implement that stuff? I personally think the lack of a combat log is great, because it shoves the elitists out of the game and prevents SWTOR from become an elitist jerkoff session.

I also hope they don't include addons, because then all THAT does is make anybody who doesn't have the newest "best kept secret" horribly gimped to anybody else. It wouldn't be long before a DBM equivelent addon comes out, then the devs have to work around that just like blizzard, and at that point the game turns into exactly like WOW. Addons don't help anybody, and the lack of them keeps the playing field even. UI development is another area that would suffer if addons were added, because then BioWare would get just as lazy as Blizzard and let the community develop the UI when it is their job to keep the UI up to date. As far as UI addons are concerned, they are just a means to an end and the wrong answer to the problem. If they ever actually include addon support thats a reason for me to quit; I don't want SWTOR to walk down that road.

Macros they need to add, not having mouseover heals as a healer kinda sucks. Not sure why they skipped this.
    "Best kept secret"? I don't even know where to begin. The fact that you think having Bioware allocate resources to keep their UI (which is horrible and buggy as fuck, by the way) up to date when they could be freeing up said resources and putting them elsewhere makes my head spin. Or do you prefer to play this game as a DPS class and have to constantly stare at your buff bar / mob debuffs to watch for procs/not clip DoTs if you want to do optimal DPS? Since you know, the default UI doesn't have power auras. Most importantly, addons and UI customization introduce *CHOICE*. If you don't like the way the default UI looks or feels, you can change it to your liking.

Ability delay i could care less about. I don't have any issues playing SWTOR, and I really think people are just stupid and don't know how to use the ability queuing system. I really don't know what everybody's problem is, its the flow of the game. I have no issue going with that flow at all.
    Yeah man, clearly we're just stupid and terrible at this game because we don't "understand" the ability queuing system:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=133110

Also, go back a page and read the Juggernaut/Guardian thread about them being animation locked due to the very same ability delay. Just because you aren't running into this problem because you're clicking your abilities doesn't mean it's not a gamebreaking issue. Look, I know you like to white knight this game like crazy but seriously, realize that while the game is good in some aspects, it has some very gaping flaws in other aspects. None of us would be taking the time to write this shit out if we didn't want this game to succeed. I've been submitting feedback reports constantly since I got early access nearly a month ago because I want it to succeed.

None of those things will make people lose interest - it's been proven 1000x times over that content has to keep being pumped out to keep interest high. No macros, not being able to move/resize UI, and combat log are annoying yes but as long as they get added eventually people will deal with it.

Also, combat log was enabled during alpha/beta, they just disabled it sometime during open beta. I'm not sure on the reasoning but I'm sure it will make it back eventually - I haven't really missed it though, it was only useful to compare my DPS with other guild mates during raids and I'm not hardcore raiding in this game.
    I agree completely that content is the #1 attraction for keeping player interest and Bioware is doing a fantastic job in that regards (upcoming 1.1 patch, big patch in march/april) but I have to disagree that not having a combat log is something that people will learn to "get over". Not having a combat log is a huge blow towards any kind of serious competitive raiding; you end up losing offsite parsing and valuable combat data such as: exact timestamps of what killed who, who was taking damage from that random void zone, who failed at xxx boss mechanic, who didn't switch to adds and stayed on the boss to pad their damage, etc.

Honestly, the whole negativity towards addons/mods just confuses the hell out of me. If Bioware doesn't want their endgame to be designed around mods then restrict the API to not allow a DBM type mod. Blizzard has been doing this constantly in the past 7 years (one of the most known API changes broke Decursive in late 2006).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Take a defensive stance on a subject; instantly become fanboy of said topic.

Wouldn't be BG without this.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Take a defensive stance on a subject; instantly become fanboy of said topic.

You made a string of statements that make very little sense. Now you're stepping back and making a general statement.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This thread went from being informative to sandy vagina bitching and it's sickening. Who the hell are you people to decide what's best for this game? You ever think Bioware wanted to allow people to get used to the game by launching with the bare necessities so that they can make wise decisions on how to go about releasing more advanced content? You guys are pathetic as shit, stop shitting up this thread with complaints and get out so we can get back to normal discussion. It's s sad fucking day when the BG forums becomes less productive than the official ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Play a fucking melee class and say that with a straight face. It's utterly fucking stupid. Stop defending broken fucking mechanics, fuck. It has nothing to do with ability queues.

No auto attack is fine, but they should have just gotten rid of the GCD which could have helped with animation/ability issues not working some of the time.

People need to seriously take their love for everything BW and SW down a notch and look at the core of the game. It's subpar.
    It's so fucking annoying in PVP when I try to force choke a bitch and nothing happens. The work around for every other skill, I've found, is to jump prior to hitting the skill. So stupid that you'd have to do that but if I hit Smash and it doesn't work, I just need to jump and hit it simultaneously.

BW makes this amazing main-quest experience and has all these good ideas and aspects but then this big wtf combat mechanics.

Hey man, I'm still having fun.... I just wish the PVP Bag dice roll was better ;-p

I don't think the GCD needs to be removed completely, but I do think it should be reduced to around 1 sec. 1.5 sec just feels too long. The only problem with that is they would have to re-balance all the skills around the lower GCD. I personally haven't really encountered a lot of delay for my skills, but I play a Sorc so it's probably not as apparent as it would be on a melee class.

Personally I'm still having fun with the game, but that's because I'm in a guild with people I've known for a while and we always do shit together. A lot of these bugs do get pretty annoying though. Like having to reform your group after every warzone. Getting booted to character selection screen when trying to join a warzone sometimes. Warzone wins not counting towards the dailies sometimes. Needing raid gear to run some of the hardmode flashpoints. Also, Ilum is pretty pointless atm except to do the daily.

Some of the other stuff like customizable UI and add-ons and such, while nice, aren't keeping me from enjoying the game. But yeah, it would be more convenient to have them.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

As a healer merc, the only things that Annoy me are that kolto missile has a fucking travel time (seriously wtf) and that having to spam the button to get my relics trigger has given me damn carpal tunnel

I want Bioware to reimburse me for the Combat Medic Gauntlets in which I accidentally chose instead of the Combat Eliminators (YA, they don't show the set bonuses)

:smug:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    It's so fucking annoying in PVP when I try to force choke a bitch and nothing happens. The work around for every other skill, I've found, is to jump prior to hitting the skill. So stupid that you'd have to do that but if I hit Smash and it doesn't work, I just need to jump and hit it simultaneously.

BW makes this amazing main-quest experience and has all these good ideas and aspects but then this big wtf combat mechanics.
    Are you sure their resolve isnt full when you try and force choke? I thought it was a glitch that my grapple didn't work in pvp but I found out later that their resolve was full, had that big whitebar above their portrait.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lets pander to the lowest common denominator guys

edit: this came a page late

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    This thread went from being informative to sandy vagina bitching and it's sickening. Who the hell are you people to decide what's best for this game? You ever think Bioware wanted to allow people to get used to the game by launching with the bare necessities so that they can make wise decisions on how to go about releasing more advanced content? You guys are pathetic as shit, stop shitting up this thread with complaints and get out so we can get back to normal discussion. It's s sad fucking day when the BG forums becomes less productive than the official ones.
    BG is not fucking MMO-Champ. It's not your little fucking circle jerk. The people here cut their teeth on FFXI, they are going to call 'em like they see 'em.

Seriously, get the fuck out.

Every comment that has been posted is a legitimate problem with the game as it currently exists. There are no X vs. Y posts. The only sandy vagina is you, son.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Stuff that should have been in at launch: Part I

Seriously though, Bioware has their own goddamn agenda and it doesn't appear to be based around fan feedback. One of the interviews that came out today/yesterday revealed they're already recording content a year in advance (can't remember if it was mentioned here or not). I really don't have faith in Bioware to fix what needs fixing fast enough. They knew that Ilum was garbage back in July and they shipped it anyway. Thats fucking horrifying.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Stuff that should have been in at launch: Part I

Seriously though, Bioware has their own goddamn agenda and it doesn't appear to be based around fan feedback. One of the interviews that came out today/yesterday revealed they're already recording content a year in advance (can't remember if it was mentioned here or not). I really don't have faith in Bioware to fix what needs fixing fast enough. They knew that Ilum was garbage back in July and they shipped it anyway. Thats fucking horrifying.
    And they said Illum was literally incomplete in their New Year's letter.http://www.swtor.com/blog/new-year%E2%80%99s-pvp-update

It's an MMO, right? It's so easy to get away with this shit now as long as you say "fixes are coming woo!".

tol

soon™

Spoiler: show
    Revan
    bugged in The Foundary Hardmode... shits gay

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's become quite obvious they had to release b/c they had given a release date, even with all the glaring issues. While I enjoy the game on a whole, there are def some things they didn't think through or even test fully. Especially L50 things. Lots of glitches in the hardmode flashpoints. Also, the way that Warzones are going down now is just plain poor implementation with the way L50s in full PvP gear are rolling over non 50 players. The bolster stat thing doesn't do anything all.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think I'm playing a completely different game from you guys. I'm not saying there aren't issues but somehow it's still fun. I think I went in with years of XI and over a year of XIV behind me and no need for SWTOR to be the salvation of my gaming life. I actually think it's nice to see a potential future in a game rather than see it die an embarrassing death like XI is doing right now. Ring you come across as taking it pretty personally. I don't disagree with everything you're saying but don't speak for everyone who 'cut their teeth on XI'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast