Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1326451333739.jpg

so seriously what's the point in playing this when you can play WoW? do sprites really interest you that much more?

edit: i forgot to say WoW is trash so can't say wow fan boi etc

edit2 i didn't realize swtor was this bad

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ve-than-an-fps

tldr: bioware rep says their mmo is more innovative in the mmo genre than fps are in the fps genre

then he says "So, I don't know, it's just the way it is, but I don't see us as not being innovative" and 2 paragraphs later says "We were building essentially a classic MMO with BioWare storytelling set in the Star Wars universe."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

But...
    Butt...
    Buttt...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I think I'm playing a completely different game from you guys. I'm not saying there aren't issues but somehow it's still fun. I think I went in with years of XI and over a year of XIV behind me and no need for SWTOR to be the salvation of my gaming life. I actually think it's nice to see a potential future in a game rather than see it die an embarrassing death like XI is doing right now. Ring you come across as taking it pretty personally. I don't disagree with everything you're saying but don't speak for everyone who 'cut their teeth on XI'.
    I was just responding to the guy that was whining about what "BG" is. They are just dead wrong. People don't just accept what they were given and white knight everything here. They will post about problems with a game in an honest and open manner. As for the FFXI comment, I meant that anyone that has seriously played an SE MMO, knows not to believe the party line. That is what places like MMO-Champ is for, that was never what BG is about.

I am currently playing SW right now, and there are major problems with the game. Some people can accept those things, some people can not. A lot of it was corner cutting which gives me a huge pause about playing it with any regularity. BW's initial responses to some other problems is to push off the issue rather than admit a problem. This does not bode well for the future of the game. Even if they fixed everything they claimed they were going to fix today there would still be a ton of problems (horrible character models is the first and most glaring to me).

Another Annoying bug: Drop boxes not opening after boss fights. W T F.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Hey man, I'm still having fun.... I just wish the PVP Bag dice roll was better ;-p
    I think I'm doing pretty well so far:

1 Head
    2 Chest
    1 Legs
    1 Relic
    1 Offhand
    1 Main Hand
    1 Wrist
    1 Belt

Jinroku
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Another Annoying bug: Drop boxes not opening after boss fights. W T F.

I think I'm doing pretty well so far:

1 Head
    2 Chest
    1 Legs
    1 Relic
    1 Offhand
    1 Main Hand
    1 Wrist
    1 Belt
    I keep getting duplicates, it's pissing me off

1 Implant
    2 Weapons
    2 Gloves
    3 Legs
    2 Boots

I have two 3PC, tank & DPS, no 4PC Q.Q

It kinda sucks that the armor I get can only go on Blizz, and he doesn't show armor so I won't be seeing him as a pimped out m'fin Jawa which would be pimp as hell. Unless I remod... but fuck remoding level 56 is like 30k a pop...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

I guess to people, an MMO isn't an MMO unless they have a buncha crappy skills they know how to use from previous MMOs and a ton of fetch quests masquerading as content.

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    I guess to people, an MMO isn't an MMO unless they have a buncha crappy skills they know how to use from previous MMOs and a ton of fetch quests masquerading as content.
    Some people I swear. No one WANTS it to be like another MMO. But if you're going to copy the fuck out of another MMO at least copy the shit that made it GOOD.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    As someone posted on the previous page: http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1326451333739.jpg

It is not the players that want the same recycled stuff, it's that the MMO developers can't seem to come up with something on their own.

I think you can look at talent trees as an example of this. Blizzard is just ahead of the game when it comes to this. They recognized that a talent tree with very limited real choices isn't much fun once you know the cookie cutter build. So they pitched it for a whole new idea, that has real choice. Then Bioware (and everyone else) copies Blizzard's old model and are probably kicking themselves for it now.

Bioware did one thing very, very right. They created an awesome RPG. Almost everything else is derivative. The combat is derivative, the non-storyline quests are derivative, the talents are derivative. Hell even the classes are derivative (as seen above, though in their defense some are not, but the ones that do copy are literally carbon copies). The problem is that everyone knows whether they will admit it or not that the RPG leveling experience ends eventually, and then you only have what is left of the game to get you to play. When this is essentially a barebones copy of other MMO's, there isn't much reason to stick around. :/

I think people very, very much want something innovative, but developers are too scared (and too lazy) to deliver. Being derivative is ok, but carbon copying? That's just lame, and it hurts the game overall.

Sometimes I wish that SE didn't gobble so many cocks when it came to game development because I think that they may be one of the only innovative companies when it comes to MMO design.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

For better or for worse, they move to the beat of their own drum, even if they did rip off the majority of EQ's core systems. XI was still a vastly superior product, IMO, despite being extensively flawed, but honestly, what isn't flawed out there? I'm just not comfortable with Bioware's customer service and the fact that they rushed the game out, even if they already have future content down the pipeline.

Won two Voidstars today, none counted towards my Daily..

Seems like the last patch broke more than it fixed

Happens way too often.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Won two Voidstars today, none counted towards my Daily..

Seems like the last patch broke more than it fixed
    I read somewhere that untracking multi-win warzone dailies can help alleviate that problem. I can't say for sure if it does as I just hit 50 last night.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm just not comfortable with Bioware's customer service and the fact that they rushed the game out, even if they already have future content down the pipeline.
    I'd attribute that to EA more than bioware, at least as far as rushing the product out the door.

The customer service is unacceptable though, with that high res texture shit they just assumed the entirety of their customer base were mongoloids and wouldn't even see what the problem they attempted to pretend didn't exist.

Most recent response from stephen reid did say that they were working on a fix and hi res textures should be in the game by the end of q1 2012

It's funny how bad BW's programers are compared to some of the other mmo's out there. People got in a hizzy about the HQ textures on the forums. Still going something around 800+pages if I'm not mistaken.

Its amazing how much I like this game as it pisses me off more than any game on the market. Five straight pvp matches where I'm the only lvl 50 on our team, eventually getting ROLLED by a full 50 squad of Repubbies

(Hedar Soongh) fuckkk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its amazing how much I like this game as it pisses me off more than any game on the market. Five straight pvp matches where I'm the only lvl 50 on our team, eventually getting ROLLED by a full 50 squad of Repubbies

(Hedar Soongh) fuckkk
    Yeah can't wait until patch with 50's bracket.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think you can look at talent trees as an example of this. Blizzard is just ahead of the game when it comes to this. They recognized that a talent tree with very limited real choices isn't much fun once you know the cookie cutter build. So they pitched it for a whole new idea, that has real choice. Then Bioware (and everyone else) copies Blizzard's old model and are probably kicking themselves for it now.
    Except the Cataclysm version totally dumbed down the trees and a lot of people stopped playing - so in the new expansion they are going to a WHOLE NEW talent system again. Most people were happy with the original trees, and those lasted 5 years.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ok split thread because we don't have enough interest for an actual subforum, but it was getting convoluted between questions/info and complaints. So bitch away in here~

Fuck Soa

that is all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast