Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SWTOR: Random Complaint thread. F2P means P2Win

Mod edit: for discussion/questions go here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/644...cussion-thread

My character still occasionally glows green after healing, despite it being "fixed" in the patch notes. I don't wanna be Yoda!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Want to pvp from 45-50 > Impossible because of ALL THE FUCKING 50s IN THE SYSTEM ALREADY > Raped handidly because of the sheer fuckup on Biowares part > Rage ensues.

Well, 50s will have their own bracket after tomorrows patch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's not so much 50's as 50's with PVP gear.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    It's not so much 50's as 50's with PVP gear.
    To be fair, though, that's pretty much every PVP MMO without an arena system to keep all the geared PVPers occupied.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just made myself seasick leaping around for datacrons. I hate jumping.
    Did I mention, I hate jumping?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ugh, could someone please make this game stop sucking? I really want to like this game, and I really like the leveling story and some of the mechanics are really interesting. BUT... there is just so much wrong and crappy with the game. I actually don't want to level that much because I dread getting to end-game where the great story stops and I am stuck dealing with all the problems.

Things I can't get over:

Broken Combat - Sure, they said they are fixing it, but the fact that they would launch the game with combat in such a bad state bodes ill for the future and for their level of judgment. This is a SE level mistake.
    Mobs - 90% of the mobs don't even have their own movement, and the ones that do only do so on a specific path. They don't wander at all. I mean fucking fuck mobs would wander in the original Legend of Zelda, let alone every MMO ever.
    AH - Haven't even used it, too scared. FFXIV level mistake again.
    Graphics - The environments can look really great in some places, but can really suck in other places. It's a crap shoot. The gear is boring and unoriginal. Man, come on, this shit looks worse than FFXI set to the best settings. They don't even have high graphical settings in the game yet.
    Race models - Are you fucking kidding me? This is a game about fucking aliens and outer space and we get humans when shit on their eyes as a legitimate race? And they don't even have a decent lore basis or backstory. Don't even get me started that every fucking character in the game uses the same exact combat animations. Every single one. The new FFXI weaponskills destroy everything I have seen in SWTOR so far.
    End-game - To be competitive in this market, you have to at least be on par with WoW when it comes to end-game, and from all accounts it's not up to par.
    Random DCs - Random is random. I DC 2-3 times a day, without losing my internet connection to anything else.

There are a lot more problems, but I just feel like I am rambling now.

Whew, I feel a little better getting that off my chest. Now I know some of that stuff is going to get fixed over the short and long term, but some of them are just fucking corner cutting and really bad development decisions, especially the problems with race models and animations. That is just unforgivable.

Most of you guys were or are hardcore MMO people, so please tell me if I am just being too critical, or if it really is just an over-hyped single player storyline. I am not looking for a fanboy fight here, and I am not just bashing to bash. I own the game and I play it, and I am enjoying a good chunk of the game, but I am really afraid it's just new game shine and a really good leveling experience.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Ugh, could someone please make this game stop sucking? I really want to like this game, and I really like the leveling story and some of the mechanics are really interesting. BUT... there is just so much wrong and crappy with the game. I actually don't want to level that much because I dread getting to end-game where the great story stops and I am stuck dealing with all the problems.

Things I can't get over:

Broken Combat - Sure, they said they are fixing it, but the fact that they would launch the game with combat in such a bad state bodes ill for the future and for their level of judgment. This is a SE level mistake.
    Mobs - 90% of the mobs don't even have their own movement, and the ones that do only do so on a specific path. They don't wander at all. I mean fucking fuck mobs would wander in the original Legend of Zelda, let alone every MMO ever.
    Graphics - The environments can look really great in some places, but can really suck in other places. It's a crap shoot. The gear is boring and unoriginal. Man, come on, this shit looks worse than FFXI set to the best settings. They don't even have high graphical settings in the game yet.
    Race models - Are you fucking kidding me? This is a game about fucking aliens and outer space and we get humans when shit on their eyes as a legitimate race? And they don't even have a decent lore basis or backstory. Don't even get me started that every fucking character in the game uses the same exact combat animations. Every single one. The new FFXI weaponskills destroy everything I have seen in SWTOR so far.
    End-game - To be competitive in this market, you have to at least be on par with WoW when it comes to end-game, and from all accounts it's not up to par.
    Random DCs - Random is random. I DC 2-3 times a day, without losing my internet connection to anything else.

Whew, I feel a little better getting that off my chest. Now I know some of that stuff is going to get fixed over the short and long term, but some of them are just fucking corner cutting and really bad development decisions, especially the problems with race models and animations. That is just unforgivable.

Most of you guys were or are hardcore MMO people, so please tell me if I am just being too critical, or if it really is just an over-hyped single player storyline. I am not looking for a fanboy fight here, and I am not just bashing to bash. I own the game and I play it, and I am enjoying a good chunk of the game, but I am really afraid it's just new game shine and a really good leveling experience.
    You've got some legitimate claims there mate, except for the dcing, I think that might be on your end. There's quite a few reasons that i'm cancelling my sub and you summed up most of them. Another thing for me is that the republic side is fucking empty everywhere I go, and yesterday it wouldn't let me roll on any heavy servers, they weren't listed anymore. I'm just going to stick with XIV, I love the atmosphere and it gets better and better with each update.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

words
    Funny I came to this thread to post a rant about this game too, but you summed up most of how I feel about the game. I just don't get how a company spends what 5+ years developing a game and they launch with so many glaring flaws. I would love MMO to launch that isn't broken from the start.

The thing you left off that really grinds my gear is meaningful pvp. Once I quite playing FFXI I started playing EVE and got bit with the pvp bug. I love to pvp. I've played nearly every MMO since and haven't found one that has meaningful PVP. Warhammer online was close in that you had areas you could capture, but it didn't go far enough. I wasn't expecting SWTOR to be better, but at least somewhat decent. It turns out it's utter shit. How do you honestly think its a good idea to keep 10-50 in the same bracket when only level 50s can equip PVP gear (expertise)? I'm not saying do a bracket every 10 levels, I actually like the idea of being all grouped and the lower level duders buffed, but the PVP stat being exclusive to 50 is just stupid. Then you have Ilum. Yes, in 1.1 they're supposed to change it to become more meaningful, but as it is now you just trade kills to complete your dailies then fuck off. I probably wont be subbing after my free period, but will keep an eye on the game to see if they make changes to bring me back.

Edit: In order to be honest, my feelings towards some of the things ringthree mentioned might be skewed by the fact that I'm currently playing 5 different games and trying to juggle them. However SWTOR has been my main focus since I got it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn it. I was finishing up the Balmorra Bonus series (There is another bonus as a sub quest) where the final step is to send a fake distress signal on top of a heroic 4 area. The series and the bonus are not marked as heroic or anything. But I thought hey I can manage. I send the signal... the ship arrives... Sith Lord Tharsis pops up as a champion: and the fight starts. I thought to myself wow a bonus series with a champion, this has got to be a first (must be marked wrong).

Well that is not the bad part. Getting ti to around 20% or so the quest auto fails and rolls me back to "send the distress signal". I ended up beating him (which queues the special you won music) but no drops or exp.

Lord Tharsis: I WIN YOU LOOSE!

Me: Sad

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Things I can't get over:

Of the things you listed, I agree with everything (especially combat) but disagree on endgame (somewhat) and DC'ing. Endgame content wise, I feel that SWTOR released with a ton of endgame content (with the upcoming 1.1 patch adding 3-4 more bosses to Karagga in addition to two brand new FPs). The problem with their endgame, however, is that the operations are a buggy mess. Honestly, with the extremity of some bugs (8man vs 16man tuning, Pylons bugs, Infernal Council, Rancor cleaving your raid on zone in, Soa mind trap bugs, hell, Soa in general) it looks like they didn't even test some of these raids. I personally haven't run into any DC problems at all, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Granted, there's a lot of threads pertaining to performance related issues so I wouldn't be surprised if something odd was affecting a small portion of the playerbase

If they really do end up completely fixing the combat ability delay bugs and throw in some form of addon/macro based support then this game would be a keeper for me regardless. Oh right, they need to put the combat log back in as well. I have no idea why this wasn't included in the launch build, seeing as how there was a perfectly functional combat log in beta. Having a combat log would enable offsite parsing, which would be a godsend for any serious progression minded guild.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Things I can't get over:

I can't say I disagree with anything, though I'm not sure what you mean by combat (only lv27 so far lulz). I assume you mean delays and what not (speaking of, I just started a JK recently and have a FUCKING HORRID delay when I use Riposte. The animation goes off and the hp drops but the enemy stands around for 1-2 seconds and I believe I get animation locked too). I never thought about the mobs wandering before, but now that you mention it I don't recall seeing any move really. The various human selection was pretty crappy for such a diverse universe. Like the others I don't have the DC issue you seem to, maybe an ISP thing.

A lot of my issues are typically low tier bugs though, so casually, it's not too bad. That could very well change once I'm done with story stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Things I can't get over:

Agreed on the armor. Some of the armor is great in this game, however it seems once you get to 50 it is god awful. Some of the gear looks disgusting, at least make it so you can take the mods out.

I have yet to dc from the game, there was a glitch I ran into though. I would try to enter a warzone and it would take me to the login screen. Had to change zones to fix it for some reason.

I actually like the combat besides that ability lag, but they said they will fix it eventually so meh.

Models are pretty lazy, I want to be a god damn wookiee. Can't comment on endgame, haven't tried it yet. I hear it's pretty fun, not hard but fun.

I feel like this launch has been pretty damn smooth. No dc's/lag/game breaking glitches (That I have experienced). Maybe my opinion is skewed because of playing FFXIV at launch. The horror.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't agree that XI looks better, but that's just because I've been playing on PC for so long that I can't stand the sight of any jaggies or lack of anti-aliasing. Any "modern" game with jaggies and hard edges gets a fail in the graphics department, which is roughly half the reason I rarely play consoles anymore. I'm such a purist... D:

I agree with everything else, though. I really, really want to get back into the swords-and-sorcery MMO scene, but there's nothing out there that I feel is actually worth dropping the fat initial payment, plus monthly payment for. I keep hoping that D3 or GW2 is coming out right around the corner so I can hold off, but Goddammit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    You've got some legitimate claims there mate, except for the dcing, I think that might be on your end. There's quite a few reasons that i'm cancelling my sub and you summed up most of them. Another thing for me is that the republic side is fucking empty everywhere I go, and yesterday it wouldn't let me roll on any heavy servers, they weren't listed anymore. I'm just going to stick with XIV, I love the atmosphere and it gets better and better with each update.
    DCing is definitely not on my end. I have tried it with WoW on and off, Mumble, Vent, Skype, etc. All on and off, same DC's. Also I might DC from any other game maybe once a month. They aren't even like DC's they are more like crashes to the log-in screen, but the game says it's an internet issue.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post

Of the things you listed, I agree with everything (especially combat) but disagree on endgame (somewhat) and DC'ing. Endgame content wise, I feel that SWTOR released with a ton of endgame content (with the upcoming 1.1 patch adding 3-4 more bosses to Karagga in addition to two brand new FPs). The problem with their endgame, however, is that the operations are a buggy mess. Honestly, with the extremity of some bugs (8man vs 16man tuning, Pylons bugs, Infernal Council, Rancor cleaving your raid on zone in, Soa mind trap bugs, hell, Soa in general) it looks like they didn't even test some of these raids. I personally haven't run into any DC problems at all, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Granted, there's a lot of threads pertaining to performance related issues so I wouldn't be surprised if something odd was affecting a small portion of the playerbase

If they really do end up completely fixing the combat ability delay bugs and throw in some form of addon/macro based support then this game would be a keeper for me regardless. Oh right, they need to put the combat log back in as well. I have no idea why this wasn't included in the launch build, seeing as how there was a perfectly functional combat log in beta. Having a combat log would enable offsite parsing, which would be a godsend for any serious progression minded guild.
    Oh man, I totally forgot about no combat log, add-ons or API. Seriously, are they trying to roll back the clock on MMO development to FFXI's launch? Fuck me sideways.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I can't agree that XI looks better, but that's just because I've been playing on PC for so long that I can't stand the sight of any jaggies or lack of anti-aliasing. Any "modern" game with jaggies and hard edges gets a fail in the graphics department, which is roughly half the reason I rarely play consoles anymore. I'm such a purist... D:

I agree with everything else, though. I really, really want to get back into the swords-and-sorcery MMO scene, but there's nothing out there that I feel is actually worth dropping the fat initial payment, plus monthly payment for. I keep hoping that D3 or GW2 is coming out right around the corner so I can hold off, but Goddammit.
    Well, I am not forcing AA when it is coming anyway, but the models are unnecessarily smoothed over (like the hair on my Jedi looks like a big red turd on her head) because they don't even have high resolution models in the game yet. It's fucking bullshit at launch, and the fucking gear in FFXI even jaggy is way fucking better than in SWTOR. The cape animations are fucking awesome, but it's like they used a paint pallet of only crap and mud to make 90% of the gear. Even if it was high resolution it would still look terrible.

It's so fucking unimaginative. You have one of the best varied sci-fi settings possible and the best you can give me is mobs that don't move and all look the same, gear that looks like shit, only one set of animations for all the fucking races, and all of the races are multicolored humans.

I really can't get over just how fucking bad the character selection really is. In WoW, I love my goblin. In FFXI, I was an Elvaan. I attack differently in both games than all the other races. Everyone does Blade: Jin, but they all do it differently. I am sure their logic was something like: why the fuck do you need different animations for attacks when all the fucking models are the same? It good damn pisses me off to no end. This is fucking 2011, and you don't have animations that were available over 10 fucking years ago.

*DEEP BREATH*

You can fix graphics problems. You can't fix the fact that every single player model in the game is a fucking reskin. Even fucking FFXIV had different models and animations in alpha. FFXI had different models and animations. FUCKING. TEN. YEARS. AGO.

*Bangs head on desk into bloody pulp*

Ok, it feels like I may be going off the deep end, but most people do think this game is deeply flawed, right? I am not crazy, right?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't think you're crazy. Every time another MMO company tries to make "the big one" and doesn't, the bar gets set higher and higher. We expect more from our MMOs, especially as the other genres advance in graphics and environment. The days of an "ugly" or a "conceptually pretty, but graphically inferior" -PAID- MMO should be out the door.

New Odin
    BG Level

I don't know, the game has sold 2 million copies or something. That is fairly substantial. Shows that you can make a game that runs on your dog's iPad (and looks like it) and it still sells like cakes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i really wanted to get this game when i get my new pc but from what i've read from you guys it seems i should wait till june just to see if they have made some much needed progress :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast