+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

if i didn't restart the game i think i'd have made significant progress there.. :\
    but it took me 24 hours to finish the game again, and this time with more fragments, better map clears and a ton more gil.. + better stats on Serah/Noel so its all good.

Really looking forward to DLC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aww, also forgot about the preemptive achiv... will bore the shit out of me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eh, you can work on it while you complete the bestiary... that's what I'm doing at least lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    While Blue Chocobo is indeed a good RAV, don't forget about Cloudburst either which is just as good, if not better when infused properly. Cloudburst also has the fastest casting speed. On top of that, Cloudburst isn't as annoying to catch either. Personally I'd get both a Blue Choco and Cloudburst, they're top 2 RAVs IMO.
    I think Cloudburst might be the most powerful RAV in the game after having leveled it. This thing's casting speed is INSANE. It fires off a round worth of spells in like one second. It also ends up with about 200 more magic and slightly higher hp than blue choco.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What job is the 'Purple' Chocobo that spam entrust in the Snowy Bresha ruins? i suppose COM?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Synergist afair.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Still no good suggestions for gathering Power items, I'm not going to use potent items on my Chichu and nerf his attack potential when that's all he's good for.

What do people do for staggered enemies? My Serah has no +STR, except for what she has gotten randomly across the crystarium (i.e. I haven't spent any large orbs on COM/SAB), so her STR is around 80 or 90 something but her MAG is 340 or something like that. For staggered enemies I go with RAV/COM/COM with Serah as RAV because I figure she does more damage this way, but I am thinking it over and if she does Ruin exclusively she will probably increase the overall damage by being in COM. However, does RAV increase the percent of the chain a bit faster? Frequently an opponent starts staggered around 300% but ends around 700%. Guess I've got to do some experimenting but I'd be interested on other people's opinions.

The one thing that really annoys me however, is that despite the large discrepancy between STR/MAG for both my Serah and Noel, they frequently choose to alternate between physical and magical equivalents for moves. For example, my Serah will constantly queue up Fire/Flamestrike/Fire/Flamestrike/Fire/Flamestrike instead of just doing Firex6, which results in a pathetic 200ish damage Flamestrike as opposed to the 800+ damage the Fire does. I realize I can just manually control her, but it's not possible to solve for both characters and even pets. If XIII had some way to control the logic in addition to the paradigms, like XII, it'd be such a good game but just like XIII there are little things like that which you can't fix which are very annoying to someone who cares about being as efficient as possible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I go COMx3 for sure on staggered enemies. I usually get the stagger rate to about 500 or so with RAVx3, but Serah on COM using ruin does way more damage than her on RAV, maybe not if they have imperil/are weak to an element... but on average, ruin is much stronger. I guess it depends on what you fight, on Long Gui I'll always get it to 999% so I can make sure I kill it with one stagger, but on most fights I just do COMx3 right off the bat 'cause everything dies before you can stagger 80% of the mobs anyway

I know goblin types drop Power upgrades pretty often... just got a bunch of power crystals/essnces off of moblins I think it was

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, RAV during Stagger increases chain a lot fast. I usually go RAV/COM/COM too until I've build a good number and sometimes switch to 3xCOM.

About Moblins: what's the best spot and weather to meet them?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://kouryakutsushin.com/ff13-2wik...82%BF%E3%83%BC

According to there, just about any weather except for the darkness, or whatever it's called... I guess they say location C/D, but I found 'em all over the place. they are kind of more rare than other goblin types.

I was trying to get an enemy at spot H on the map, but the enemy wasn't there, so I wasted like 30 mins in the wrong spot, but I did get a few moblin fights there lol

I leveled silver chocobo all the way and works great as a SEN. It has 9K+ HP, only need to lvl it to 45, and you can win all choco races with it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

With the deep customization that comes with monster leveling, I was hoping for some challenging fights that would require a high level SEN pet, or SAB pet, or whatever... I think the only fights that I found hard the first time I came to 'em was the proto behemoth fight, moreso 'cause it took me off guard lol... long gui fight took some concentration, along with Yugi or whatever that thing was called in Archylte Steppe. But all the tough fights are fought the exact same way as they were in 13 except you don't need to get 5 stars on them (not like it's hard to anyway).

I guess this is the only part of the game that disappointed me, was the lack of challenge, and was really hoping I'd have to micromanage different monster setups and stuff. I used Winston (feral behemoth lol) a circuitron and some medic slug the entire way through the game. Switched out the slug for a flanitron after I had beaten it.

I never stopped to grind levels, but I did try and explore the entire map if I could and made sure I didn't miss treasure, so I didn't blow through the game, but I didn't try and level up either... I dunno, it's kind of off topic, but as I'm just about done with the game now, it's kind of stinging me still lol

I'm sure they'll make me eat my words and introduce some super hard DLC fights, at least I can hope lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    For example, my Serah will constantly queue up Fire/Flamestrike/Fire/Flamestrike/Fire/Flamestrike instead of just doing Firex6, which results in a pathetic 200ish damage Flamestrike as opposed to the 800+ damage the Fire does.
    I think the game does this because using different attacks behind each other grands you a little gain in the % your spells bump the stagger than if you were to use the same ones (or so I read once). I know it's shit for short fights, didn't like it in XIII too (tiger vs behemoth fight, using the right spells for dmg, was worth more than the stagger when you could barely beat it).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Here's to hoping they add trophies to all this dlc requiring you to complete it all on normal, probably not though.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yes, RAV during Stagger increases chain a lot fast. I usually go RAV/COM/COM too until I've build a good number and sometimes switch to 3xCOM.

About Moblins: what's the best spot and weather to meet them?
    Archelyte Steppe: Rainy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I know they're in Steppe :D Was just wondering if there's a good spot, since it's such a big area with smaller "zones", but it seems they can appear anywhere.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Fought at least 10 groups of Cloudburst now without taming it. This is pretty fucking annoying, especially since the stupid robot mobs show up 99% of the time and the rare occasion a set of Cloudburst appear they are not dropping shit. Been at it for almost 2 hours now.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Do retry trick for catching Cloudburst, they show up pretty common as well if you're in right spot, at least it was that way for me, but first group I came across I did retry trick to catch mine, only took 5min.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Hm, so googling Retry Trick, it sounds like you kill one then if it turns gold on death you got the crystal, otherwise you Retry? From my experience though, retry takes me out into the field again and does not restart the actual battle. Going to give it a shot on the next set and see what Retry does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It takes you back to the field but with the monster next to you.