Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice, it seems my game has been already dispatched out even though it should be released on friday. Should be here today or tomorrow ^^

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nice, it seems my game has been already dispatched out even though it should be released on friday. Should be here today or tomorrow ^^
    NO! nordic countries aren't speshul anymore...

Should get my copy today too.

So I've been playing all day. I really like how they improved the battle system, it's actually really fun to play this game. So far my complaint would be that I dont give a shit about all those different pets, I'd rather have a 3rd person. And not enough Lightning, I knew she pretty much wont be playable when I bought the game, still I love the opening sequence and I would've been so happy if they utilized her badassery and the game utilized it more.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    So I've been playing all day. I really like how they improved the battle system, it's actually really fun to play this game. So far my complaint would be that I dont give a shit about all those different pets, I'd rather have a 3rd person. And not enough Lightning, I knew she pretty much wont be playable when I bought the game, still I love the opening sequence and I would've been so happy if they utilized her badassery and the game utilized it more.
    Yeah I saved up all my level up items until I got my chocobo, then I went batshit crazy. Best. Decision. Ever. My chocobo rapes atm.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    youll say this now, but there'll come a point where you'd wish the monsters pull more weight (typically if you dont grind/battle much), at which point you realize you can turn to the monsters for this. some of them are ridiculously useful/powerful even at base level. before you find the "top tier" monsters, you can look to various other options on the side.

as an example, i recommend going back to New Bodhum to get Pulse Soldier for Sentinel. Caps out fast and has pretty good stats from the get go. I chose to pump him completely with HP items only and he's got like double/triple the HP of my characters.

also important to note that the Feral Link ability doesnt necessarily mirror/follow the role of the monster.. For example, Cait Sith is MED but kitty clock is more of a.. RAV ability i suppose.
    This is something you can look towards using from time to time - probably in boss battles or when your deck choices are limited

edit: later on when u get more $$ you can upgrade a bunch of other monsters just to infuse their abilities to your main ones.
    eg i got mediguard on a Pulse Knight and gave it to the soldier because he doesnt naturally learn that.

do also note that some monsters come with utility skills. Frag Leech has gilfinder i think and Spiranthes treasure hunter. both are the leech/crawler type. but unfortunately they're base abilities and cannot be infused

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So how far into the game is the colesseum available?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

new bodhum > bresha > sunleth > coliseum

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I think I may have messed up my Crystarium growth :/

I didn't realize the large nodes gave bonuses until now... Like 10 hours into the game... I was just grinding COM and RAV out to about 75 (to get all the abilities) before I realized that I'll run out of good bonuses for the large nodes.

So end game my STR and MAG won't be that great.... I don't want to re-do 10 hours of work... I'm a pretty big min/maxer in games so this upsets me

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't played much of the game yet. So this time around you can't max everything in everyone's Crystarium?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I haven't played much of the game yet. So this time around you can't max everything in everyone's Crystarium?
    You can but the large nodes in the new Crystarium give permanent boosts to STR/MAG/HP depending on which role you level up on them.
    You can get all roles to 99 but ,depending on how you choose to develop, your stats will be different once you're at cap.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Crystarium is confusing as hell at first go.. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/61931...1814771?page=1
    Going to hold off awhile on upgrading anything until it's worded a bit better so my brain can comprehend it. I need a YT vid so I can visually see how it works.

Also, the best part of FFXIII-2 being released means SE can finally focus on Versus.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also, am I going crazy, or are there songs in this game by Origa? Namely the one while still on New Bod.
    She did some songs in Ghost in the Shell TV; sings in Eng, Jap and Rus, and sounds pretty similar..

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Also, am I going crazy, or are there songs in this game by Origa? Namely the one while still on New Bod.
    She did some songs in Ghost in the Shell TV; sings in Eng, Jap and Rus, and sounds pretty similar..
    Yes origa did a few songs. It's the one that plays while you are in the Historia Crux. Night and Day?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Katagai Mitsuaki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

She sings the vocals on "New Bodhum", "New Bodhum - Aggressive Mix -", and "Historia Crux". Also worth noting that Shootie HG (of DMC3 "Devils Never Cry" fame) does the vocals on "Limit Break!" and "Crazy Chocobo".

Also not sure if it was the Omega DLC or the 1.02 patch, but the coliseum was available the minute I first entered historia crux.

EDIT: Most likely the Omega DLC now that I think about, since he was the only one listed when I spoke to the arbiter.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Omega battle colliseum is actually not in the same location on the Historia Crux as the story one. The Omega one is before AF3 on the Historia Crux, labelled AFXXX, the one in the story is labelled AF??? and you unlock it pretty early as Spira said.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Although I'm bad at explaining at well, this is pretty much what I gather from it and what I have been doing so far.

I played around with Crystarium a bit in demo and have been following with what I did there on full copy version, which is similar to that guy post pretty much. For Serah I just lv SEN/MED on small nodes only, then once I come across a big node I lv up SAB/SYN on it if current level is even. Also have to level up SYN/SAB on small nodes so you can get them back to even level, and what it means by lvling SYN/SAB on a even level, your current level for SYN/SAB has to be even before lvling it up on big node for the +2 MAG bonus. e.g current SYN lvl is 14, lv it up to 15 on big node to obtain the MAG +2 bonus, then proceed to lv it back to lv16 on small node and keep it at lv16 until you come across another big node to lv it up on for +2 MAG bonus. And you just repeat that process 'til maxed out. If you screw up and come across a big node and your SYN/SAB current lv is odd, then lv up RAV instead on the big node, over SYN/SAB. If neither is possible or all 3 is mastered already, then level up Commando on big node instead if you can't lv RAV/SYN/SAB on big node for MAG +2 bonus.

For Noel it works the same almost, instead you want Noel's current SAB lv to be ODD, and current SYN level to be even. If your current SYN level is odd and SAB level is even by time you come across next big node, then level up Commando instead on the big node, and if neither SYN/SAB/COM is possible or mastered already, then lv up RAV instead on the big node for Noel.

To avoid screwing up, just save before spending CP, so if you fuck up somewhere in crystarium, can just reload and fix it.

Someone also pretty much summed it up, unless it's still confusing, but here it is:

Level MED/SEN on small nodes only. Also use small nodes to set up the following possibilities for the large nodes.

When to use a large node:
    *As Serah*
    -To level Ravager
    -To level SAB if current SAB level is even.
    -To level SYN if current SYN level is even.
    -To level Commando (if none of the above are possible)

*As Noel*
    -To level Commando
    -To level SAB if current SAB level is odd
    -To level SYN if current SYN level is even
    -To level Ravager (if none of the above are possible)
    I've also read that Serah is actually better at COM and Noel is better at RAV later on, so that may be something to consider as well when messing with Crystarium as you'll have to do it a bit differently.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shouldn't matter for damage output. Commando has Ruin(ga) which uses magic stat for its damage, so Serah can still pump out damage as COM. Forgot what shit RAV had which uses the str stat, enspell damage strikes? But Noel can use that then. Also going by that topic, fuckin around results in a Noel with 500atk/300mag, and not fuckin around results in 800atk/500mag. Same for Serah but magic at 800 instead of atk.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Tobi, where is your avatar from? Looks very familiar!

I'm just going to play through the game once and forget about min/maxing with Crystarium bonuses. I'll replay it if I care enough. I doubt I'll have any difficulty completing anything the game throws at me (in terms of optional superbosses)

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My avatar is from a MMO called Elsword

Also, difference between fucking around and not fucking around in crystarium seems pretty significant to me, though it's not like you can't still finish/plat the game without it. For my first playthrough I'm gonna try to get my stats as high as possible, then for my 2nd playthrough I'm gonna attempt No Crystarium Usage run.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got my Amazon release-day shipment on time (yay), but I had an exhausting 13-hour day (coincidence??) at work and was way too exhausted to play much further than a tiny bit after Gogmagog. Farmed exp and found a few iron bangles and passed the fuck out. It's fun... the battle is way more streamlined than XIII. I barely touched it but I'm sure I'll love the mechanics of it.

The worst thing about it so far is the dialog. It's so fucking cheesy. Also, I miss Vanille's narration. Serah never really did anything for me.

I don't really like the pacing so far, to be honest. It does that throwing-you-into-the-middle-of-the-story thing and you just have to hope that it eventually gets explained to you. Not a huge fan of that storytelling method. I would rather not have the characters I'm playing as know more about WTF is going on than I do.